What DON'T you like about your new coupe??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 350 4M
What DON'T you like about your new coupe??

So, there's lots of info on all the goodies the C Coupe has, I'm more interested in what it is you don't like about it now that most have had them for a few weeks or months?

Personally the fact that you can't voice search music from the iPod sucks.

What don't YOU like or find annoying?

Two
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
~ the steering is very light (compared to my bmw e92) power assist like. only issue to note.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:46 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
1. Backup camera sucks. Pointed at the ground, can only see about 5 feet behind the car (and a lot of bumper). Even took it in for service but they said that was normal and could not be adjusted. Oh, and no lines to gauge distance.
2. No "Along Route" setting for POI searches in nav. Only "near destination" or "near current position." I used "Along Route" all the time in my last car, and it was awesome.
3. Can't see the name of the song playing on Sirius in speedo display (it shows the station only; why would I need that?). So you can't see the nav map and song title at the same time.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 PM

2012 C350 Coupe, 1996 Porsche 993 C4S, 2008 Audi A3, 1928 model A Coupe hot rod, 2003 Mini Cooper S.
Overall I really like the car very much, it is beautiful, great power (I have the 350), and a very comfortable ride on all types of surfaces, but there are a few little points I would have done differently:
I'd like to be able to leave it in Sport (advanced agility) mode without having to reselect it every time I start the car. I also wish there was a greater amount of change (firmer) while in Sport mode.
Stiffer sway bars, to reduce roll. It is a little more wallowy than necessary for a comfortable ride.
Brighter or higher contrast colored insturment lighting, particularly the numbers on the speedo and tach, and the "highlighting" of the gear selection.
A number of iphone issues, including voice search as mentioned and not being able to download my iphone library, also I was very disappointed to find that text messages don't show up on the Nav screen.
I agree about the backup camera, you don't see anything until you are right on top of it.
I'm sure there are other minor points, but these are a couple.

Last edited by DK23; 05-31-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
Hello everyone! I'm proud to say that I just got my first ever MB today! I got a C350 coupe and I LOVE it! About the topic though, I was annoyed to find that I could not set my garage door opener when i got home..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 PM

2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
No comfort/ambient lighting in the cabin (footwells, doors, rear) is a mistake.
No standard xenons is a tragic mistake.
Intense whistling noise when all windows open (coupe model) and cross winds hit pillars.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 AM

2012 C350 Coupe
Crazy amount of brake dust and the text message feature isn't compatible with the iphone.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:20 AM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Headlights in Auto mode turn on way too fast. Like inside the garage they turn on right away when you start the car. A soon as you pull out of the garage they turn off again. Xenon bulbs shouldn't be turned on and off so often because it degrades the bulbs life rapidly. Unless bulb technology has changed and i don't know what I am talking about.

Car can get a little unsettled on rougher road. Tend to feel every crack in the road.

My "C" parking light and DRL on the drivers side are both a white with green tint. But the "C" and DRL on the passenger side are Bright Bluish, like they are supposed to be. This really bugs me but I am not going to let the apes at the dealer start taking this car apart. They **** up my cars everytime I take it in there.

Wierd noise at first start in the morning or after sitting for 7 hours at work. Its a normal thing I have been told. Others have mentioned it before here and think it is some type of emmissions valves in the exhaust rattling until warm. It sounds stupid and people look at you funny when they are right oiutside your car and see a new MB making this stupid noise. It goes away in about :45 seconds.

Slow downshifting when in Comfort mode and you need power quickly.

Not being able to change from Comfort to Sport mode unless in Park? The manual clearly states this is not preferred and will void warranty. WTH??

No folding mirrors in the USA. Nor puddle lights. This one really pisses me off.

No power passenger seat?

HERES A BIG ONE. NO LIGHTING IN THE FOOTWELL AREAS? SERIOUSLY MB? This should be standard on every single MB vehicle that leaves the factory.

I really can't stand the LAME reflector sticker thing we get on the inside of of door jamb instead of a REAL light?

The rear spoiler color white does not match the white of the rest of the car. I have to look carefully and in the correct lighting outside but it definitely is a little different. This could have been matched better.

BRAKE DUST FROM HELL!!!!

Ok thats it for now i guess. Not trying to be a hater. Just honest.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 AM

2012 C350 Coupe Black/Red
I love my car...the build, the fit, my first MB and I'm really pleased (though I also have to agree with the previous posts about things that could have been better.) However, what irritated me to the point of distraction was the plastic door lock pins...I had no idea I was so AR. For such a nicely fitted car - I have the aluminum trim...why such ugly door lock pins? I switched them out with the AMG steel door pins - and they look great. Exactly what I'd expect to see and not the plastic pins with the mold nub at the top. They're now perfectly flush when locked and discreetly elevated when unlocked. Oh, and they cost me an arm and a leg even with a discount from the dealer, but worth it to me.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 AM

c250 amg cdi coupe
My car has an up and down bouncy feeling on the road and is there no "auto closure" for the windows?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:02 AM

2012 C350 Coupe, 1996 Porsche 993 C4S, 2008 Audi A3, 1928 model A Coupe hot rod, 2003 Mini Cooper S.
Originally Posted by evrumohr
Hello everyone! I'm proud to say that I just got my first ever MB today! I got a C350 coupe and I LOVE it! About the topic though, I was annoyed to find that I could not set my garage door opener when i got home..
I set the opener without problems. The dealer gave me a sheet of instructions. It is the buttons on the underside of the rear view mirror.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:37 PM

c180 coupe
no 12v in the backseats

right mirror don't turn down when gear in reverse
these are not standert in Holland
and off course the high offset
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hwpaints
no 12v in the backseats

right mirror don't turn down when gear in reverse
these are not standert in Holland
and off course the high offset
It will if you have the right mirror selected with the adjustment.

I don't like that you can't make sport mode a default.

No power passenger seat

Slow to down shift

Should come with summer sport tires
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I agree with most people.

I think the brakes are terrible, firstly.

I don't like the crazy brake dust on the rear wheels.

I don't like the lack of interior ambient lighting, but it's to be expected, it's still a C-Class.

I don't like how the doors swing wide open either.

I don't like the fact that you can't tilt the pano roof while having the shade covering the glass.

I would have liked a shade that wasn't transparent.

I don't like the range of motion for the mirrors and the sound of air going across the mirrors at speed.

But, I still love the car.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM

C250 Coupe
Although this probably wont affect most of you guys, but mine is a manual gearbox, and it is seriously flawed, the gear ratios are wrong, the clutch bites too high, and the gearbox is too notchy and feels brittle.

Also the brakes are not beefy enough.

apart from that, no complaints
Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM

2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Mine is terrible!! I love the car but it has gone into the shop twice now for vibration issues and today when driving one of the cylinders misfired with only 1700 miles on it.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
Mine is terrible!! I love the car but it has gone into the shop twice now for vibration issues and today when driving one of the cylinders misfired with only 1700 miles on it.
wow, sorry to hear that.

knock on wood, but mine has been fine, with no vibration issues or misfires.

I didn't even baby the car during break-in.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
I'll have to agree on a few of these.

*The brakes are NOT up to par on a $40k+ car
*Brake dust is insane, plus I had to have my brakes sanded down initially because of a loud squeal.
*Not being able to tilt the sunroof open while the shade is closed
*not having a solid shade instead of a flimsy cloth
*the electronically assisted steering, while being comfortable, is horrible for a sports coupe. I can take turns at a high rate of speed with no issue but the road feel is sorely lacking.
*No HID standard is a mistake, No power passenger seat is huge mistake,
*no button to select next song on the steering wheel without having to be in the music menu in the speedo screen
*No "one-shot" address input like BMW
*no split screen navigation with directions and map side by side (seriously WTF?)
*Wind noise inside cabin when driving at high speed with windows open
*no puddle lights on the mirrors
*no automatic mirrors

A few things I disagree with though, the backup camera is just fine. The angle and the view is good enough and its a drivers aid, it doesnt have to be perfect. What does bother my is the message that is displayed in big letters that does not go away, that is distracting and unnecessary.

Also I was completely unaware that you should not switch from E to S while in drive. I've been doing it since I got the car and probably did it on the test drive too.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
most of the things that were mentioned I agree to, they could have been standard like passenger power seat but mine has with the options i have. Xenon not being standard is so lame and was the first thing I mentioned at the dealership. mine has the lighting option because I cant look at halogen headlights anymore. they look super cheap and doesnt go with a $50k car at all. what bothers me the most is that i cant open the door before the roof is completely closed or it will stop closing in the middle. on a hot sunny day, having to wait for the roof to close to get out of the car is really annoying. also the same thing happens when pushing and holding the lock/unlock button on the key and pointing to the little sensor on the door opens and closes windows and roof. why having to hold the button until everything opens or closes completely? should be one touch hold for 1 second and boom. everything else doesnt bother me as much..
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
I think coupe should be with rimless windows, speakers are horrible, no net in trunk, no way to set S mode to be default, stock headlights are yellow in color, HID's are standard this days for most cars, no place for sunglasses. Otherwise great car. Make sure you know which coupe you need, c350 is much better car then c250 and for example complains on brakes doesn't apply to my model. Front vented are excellent on c350, etc.

Last edited by Breitling65; 06-02-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Red C250 Coupe, 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 1960 Beechcraft Bonanza
1. I hate the fact that you can never really turn the exterior lights off. For example, I don't want my Lights to come one in the garage when I start the car. Soooo I have to turn on the parking lights. I can never go dark even if I wanted to in a dark environment. Annoying.

2. I would like more control over the windshield wiper interval instead of the auto rain sensing doing it.

3. I hate that the exterior fog lamps in the rear only light up one light. Dumb IMO.

4. I also agree with everything above thus far.

5. Even with its shortcomings, I still love my C250 much more than my G37S.

Last edited by u257993; 06-02-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:27 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
I dont like the iphone cable being where it is and short the way it is.
you cant technically close both lids and have the iphone out of the compartment without smashing the cable. the cable is too short should be at least twice the size.. should have been a way to close the lid without crushing the cable.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM

C
I just wish it felt sportier with the steering

faster would be nice too lol
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 PM

C
Originally Posted by Igor1080

Also I was completely unaware that you should not switch from E to S while in drive. I've been doing it since I got the car and probably did it on the test drive too.

Where did you read that? The only difference I can tell is that it goes 1 gear lower in S mode, so it wouldn't make much difference when you change.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
Like many, I really am enjoying my C350 Coupe. Hopefully MB is monitoring this forum and especially this thread. Here is what I would like to see offered:

1) AMG Sport package in US like the BMW Sport Pkg - more aerodynamic pieces, colored brake calipers, standard advanced handling package, some interior trim pieces, dual clutch transmission from C63.

2) C350 should have Xenon lights standard like the 335i

3) Should be able to set driving mode as sport or economy and not have to reset it constantly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What DON'T you like about your new coupe??