What DON'T you like about your new coupe??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
I mean they do look pretty cool, but there is clearly no response. I also looked at the changes for the 13 models and interestling enough they have "fixed" the throttle response time and appparently whipped the trans into doing its job and not jumping all over the spectrum. I bought the JB+ module and Intake last night. It should be here Tuesday/Weds. I'll follow up to see if it quickens up the throttle response. Hoping not to blow any codes...
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mrpster
WTF is up with the paddle shifters... Are they a joke? These things do not shift. Start in first gear get up 5500 shift twice which should put me into third gear and this thing red lines...There should clearly be a significant drop in RPM's but it never drops. I feel like they are more for aesthetics thn actual practical use.... Please share your experiences. I just got this car two days ago.
Yeah, I complained to mercedes about this through generationbenz right to headquarters and they got it. They are doing a true manual shift on newer models with an E-S-M mode on all models. Currently, the paddle shifters or center console shifter selectors will allow you to set the highest gear that the transmission will automatically shift up to. So if you have it in 3rd, it will use 1-3 automatically,according to what is the most efficent gear to be in. Sometimes it will follow your comand and upshift when you press it, but other times it won't. Pretty annoying if you ask me. But at least mercedes listens to customers and is fixing it.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM

2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by jctevere
Yeah, I complained to mercedes about this through generationbenz right to headquarters and they got it. They are doing a true manual shift on newer models with an E-S-M mode on all models. Currently, the paddle shifters or center console shifter selectors will allow you to set the highest gear that the transmission will automatically shift up to. So if you have it in 3rd, it will use 1-3 automatically,according to what is the most efficent gear to be in. Sometimes it will follow your comand and upshift when you press it, but other times it won't. Pretty annoying if you ask me. But at least mercedes listens to customers and is fixing it.
I have the advanced agility package on my c250 coupe and it has a physical M button where the Normal c/s button is and a physical sport button on the dash so my paddle shifters work great
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
That's great to hear, but what about the rest of us? Any chance to retrofit it? It seems like it's mainly a software design so maybe they could download it?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 AM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
John, great question. It certainly is nice to know that MB listens to their clientele but for future projects, but what about the models right now
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
They are doing a true manual shift on newer models....But at least mercedes listens to customers and is fixing it.
Want to predict my comment here?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Want to predict my comment here?
Haha, let me correct myself, a true "auto-manual" shift. I think the word manual and mercedes used in the same sentence is a thing of the past.

As far as current models. Mercedes always comes out with transmission and software updates as needed. While you can't get the true manual mode, as its a new model feature, they can improve shift response time if updates are available. But it is a bit of a pain getting dealers to perform this.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Honda Civic
The coupe is good but a bit too rough around the edges in some areas such as handling and sportiness so I decided to get an S5 or RS5. C350 4m is a great buy for the money though. If I didn't care about the drive I would get it.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
So JCT, does one approach the dealer for asking about a software update? What is the protocol?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 ML320, 2008 GSX-R 600, 2006 GSX-R 750 (Track) 2012 C350 Coupe
I really enjoy my c350c. i think my main complaint is from a lack of lighting package. I do wish that they had the seatbelt arm like in the e coupe.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:52 AM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
Whistling noise when driving with windows is pretty embarrassing when you have someone riding with you.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:12 PM

2011 E350 coupe
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
I have the advanced agility package on my c250 coupe and it has a physical M button where the Normal c/s button is and a physical sport button on the dash so my paddle shifters work great
What exact options have to be ordered on a 2013 C350 coupe in order to get the M button with the enhanced paddle shifting?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM

C350 coupe 2012
they put a extra clutch in the transfer case like in the 2012 c63 and there trying to apply this to the standard cars. This is not a double clutch system like on bmw or on vw and audis although this layout they have used does give you the speed and feel of the double clutch. Very Fast shifting!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
Got that on mine too and it is a little better than standard driving mode, however I'm still waiting for a test drive in a new C250 with the new sport AMG plus package to see if the gear shift response time is indeed quickened up and how good or not the rev matching feature is on downshifts

Originally Posted by GSX-R_Squared
I really enjoy my c350c. i think my main complaint is from a lack of lighting package. I do wish that they had the seatbelt arm like in the e coupe.
The lighting package is mentioned alot and it does add alot of ambience and class to the interior at night.

Usually all cars which lack a B pillar (mainly convertibles) but in this case the E Class range will have a seat belt arm, hence no such requirement for the C Class
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM

C350 4matic coupe
Originally Posted by Tstricks13
they put a extra clutch in the transfer case like in the 2012 c63 and there trying to apply this to the standard cars. This is not a double clutch system like on bmw or on vw and audis although this layout they have used does give you the speed and feel of the double clutch. Very Fast shifting!
So is this what allows you to have a true manual mode, or is it just software? I'd like to think you can have a true manual mode with software only.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 AM

C63 C
I hate the doors! Would like Mercedes put the clks or Es doors on our coupes.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Got that on mine too and it is a little better than standard driving mode, however I'm still waiting for a test drive in a new C250 with the new sport AMG plus package to see if the gear shift response time is indeed quickened up and how good or not the rev matching feature is on downshifts

The lighting package is mentioned alot and it does add alot of ambience and class to the interior at night.

Usually all cars which lack a B pillar (mainly convertibles) but in this case the E Class range will have a seat belt arm, hence no such requirement for the C Class
What I normally do with the seat belt is when I unbuckle it, I "hook" the belt on the left seat bolster--the part where the seat hugs the left side of your ribs. Kind of hard to explain. If you look at my avatar picture to the left, you can get an idea of how the seat belt will hold in place on the left of the seat bolster. I'll post pics next week when I get my car back from body shop.

Last edited by Kevin82; 08-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
Love my C350!

First, I truly love this car. Every time I go in my garage for something, I smile when I look at it. That being said, I would like to make a few improvements:

1. Sport seat, 14 way adjustable - WITH VENTILATION, just like the ones in the E coupe. It's essentially the same freaking car, why can't I get this in my C350 coupe?

2. Manual shift mode would be AWESOME!

3. Back up camera, my wife has the 12 ML350, hers has the lane and distance markings, my car cost almost as much as hers, why can't I have this?

4. The parking brake...ugh..almost every time I get in I catch it with my foot..could have had a set/release button instead of this 1970's design?

5. Solid shade on pano...some of us live in very hot sunny regions.

6. Everything is visually great except for the hood/bonnet and the grill. The hood makes the car look meek and reduces the overall aggressiveness. The MB logo and grill slats stick out too far and droop down, again this is negating the aggression of the car. (My plan is to get a C63 hood and grill) The difference is night and day!

7. Power folding mirrors..... like they have in Canada!

On the up side, the brakes on the C350 are great. Car is very quick, nimble and rides great. Love driving it!

My future upgrades will be 20" wheels, C63 Hood and grill and possible quad exhaust/cold air intake.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
After spending hours on end to program the garage door opener (Genie), I called Roadside Assistance. Even the tech could not get the car to associate with the opener. I then spent about an hour with the Genie tech on the phone trying to get the damn thing to work.

Now to decide if I want to spend $400 for an opener that works with my car.

BTW, my 2005 C230 works just fine with the car's transmitter and the opener.

Other than that, I have no problems with the car.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 AM

C350 4matic coupe
Can you get text to scroll across the displays, ie song titles? I have some songs with very long titles that have the three dots on the end and it'd be nice to have them scroll.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
Can you get text to scroll across the displays, ie song titles? I have some songs with very long titles that have the three dots on the end and it'd be nice to have them scroll.
I don't know of a way to scroll but if you hit the # button it will show the full song title...I just learned this one myself.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM

'17 AMG C63S Coupe
5.1 Harman-Kardon Surround System Sucks

I'm really enjoying the driving experience of my 2013 C250 Coupe during daily hour commutes to and from work, but I'm becoming very frustrated with the Harman-Kardon multimedia system.

Most of the sound stage is in the very front of the cabin, and rather than outfit the car with a capable sub-woofer, Harman-Kardon has chosen to pump much of the bass through the door drivers. This causes my door panels to vibrate, and muddies the high and mid range frequencies. You'll find no EQ settings, only simple bass and treble sliders. (??) There's no high-pass filter to alleviate your poor mid-range door drivers from straining to produce bass frequencies.

I'm going to dig into this thing to see what options I have, but I'm afraid that the leads sent to the DSP/Amplifier unit in the trunk are fiber optic, which eliminates most 3rd party products from consideration. I'm hoping that I may, at least, be able to insert some cross-overs into the cabin speaker leads to filter out the bass, and then install a powered sub-woofer in the trunk.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
I would like to have stiffer steering wheel similar to 3xx BMW coupes. Start button should be standard, I wish to have setting for S mode as permanent or default, sound system needs better speakers, rear one it is rattling. Bluetooth voice command should be standard as well. I wish to have more AMG related items with this package.... Otherwise I am happy with my C350 coupe.

Last edited by Breitling65; 03-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 PM

2012 C250 CDI
Originally Posted by AV1
They do have them, they're called the CDI diesel models but unfortunately some markets don't sell them...

A C350-CDI would answer all your power needs and if you added a simple tuning box, it would have a lot more torque than even a tuned C63 and also use half the fuel of the petrol C350 to boot
AV1 do our models have the garage opener? I havent realised?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
everytime you start car its in ECO and E mode.. I want ECO off and S mode on... the way I set it, but it resets everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What DON'T you like about your new coupe??