Someone has completed C Coupe HID Retro-fit...Wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Someone has completed C Coupe HID Retro-fit...Wow

Hey guys I was browsing ebay site for BiX shells for the C Class coupe when I decided to do a search for 2012 w204 HID retro-fit. Searching through google I came a cross a HID forum where a guy has actually completed a retro fit to his C Coupe. I sent him a PM on that site to see if he can give me more information. Here is the link to the thread http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...t-HID-retrofit

I don't know if this person is a member on the MBWorld forums, but I would like for him/her to come over and chime in on his install/DIY process. Below are a couple pictures of his before and after.

I am really excited that someone attempted this, and I would love to get this done ASAP as it seems very cost effective instead of getting the OEM setup or even a OEM BiX shell off of ebay.

I hope this person gets back to me.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
Idk looks wierd and cool at the same time. But I love the idea!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
They are a 'wow' headlight that's for sure

Are they an aftermarket brand ?? they look distinctly different to OEM.

The OEM C Class intelligent bi xenon HID headlights look even better than those ones above and have additional features that those do not appear to have
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
They are a 'wow' headlight that's for sure

Are they an aftermarket brand ?? they look distinctly different to OEM.

The OEM C Class intelligent bi xenon HID headlights look even better than those ones above and have additional features that those do not appear to have
The guy in the post said that they are per facelift projectors from a C300. Personally I think sure they look different but better still than the normal reflectors. I hate my non lighting package lights and think this is a great "cheap" option.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Matt-erhorn
The guy in the post said that they are per facelift projectors from a C300. Personally I think sure they look different but better still than the normal reflectors. I hate my non lighting package lights and think this is a great "cheap" option.
Definitely better than the 'normal' headlights

Only if they're a cheaper aftermarket product hopefully they perform and last similar to OEM.

Agree the lighting package option is fantastic, I definitely made sure I had this option for my car, they also offer the features of swivelling from side to side with steering inputs and have an additional light portal which illuminates directly out to the sides which lights up when cornering through roadways even more and provides illumination to kerbs etc. when parking
Old 04-14-2013, 09:21 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Definitely better than the 'normal' headlights

Only if they're a cheaper aftermarket product hopefully they perform and last similar to OEM.

Agree the lighting package option is fantastic, I definitely made sure I had this option for my car, they also offer the features of swivelling from side to side with steering inputs and have an additional light portal which illuminates directly out to the sides which lights up when cornering through roadways even more and provides illumination to kerbs etc. when parking
Yeah, my parents both have lighting packages on their ML and E class. I would have loved the lighting package but since its my first car and was my Christmas gift. I can't really complain :P
Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Matt-erhorn
Yeah, my parents both have lighting packages on their ML and E class. I would have loved the lighting package but since its my first car and was my Christmas gift. I can't really complain :P
Definitely makes sense, I'd love a similar Christmas gift LOL
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 PM

X3 M40i
For those of us who didn't get the lighting package, this is a good option. I didn't get the lighting package as it was on back order when I purchasing this car. I didn't want to wait so I got the car and now regret not getting them.

As stated in my first post, the OEM BiX housings are very expensive from MB and/or Ebay. Plus to get all the parts you are looking at $,$$$ of dollars. This option probably cost the guy a few hundreds at most and is probably simple to do. I am just waiting for him to chime in.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
I just ordered the Bi-xenon OEM headlights. Haven't heard of anyone replacing the stock reflectors and their experience yet.

Hope to hear something soon before I dive into the project!

I tried just using HID bulbs and it doesn't look good without the projector housing.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:29 AM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by hellasmania219
I just ordered the Bi-xenon OEM headlights. Haven't heard of anyone replacing the stock reflectors and their experience yet.

Hope to hear something soon before I dive into the project!

I tried just using HID bulbs and it doesn't look good without the projector housing.
Where did you order the OEM housings? Did you get the ones off of ebay that were for sale? I saw that a seller on ebay had both the right and left side in two different auctions. I was going to take the plunge but decided against it.

If you are not worried about getting the "C" light to work and loosing high beams then I think the OEM housings would work great. Otherwise its going to cost $,$$$$ to get the lights to work as you need so many parts.

Good luck to you though and if you get it to work then please chime back in.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by DameMD
For those of us who didn't get the lighting package, this is a good option. I didn't get the lighting package as it was on back order when I purchasing this car. I didn't want to wait so I got the car and now regret not getting them.
I suppose everyones got different priorities, budgets etc. but in my case I didn't care how long it was going to take or cost for a custom order build and delivery of my C Coupe (which ended up taking between 3-4 months) I wanted to make sure I got the full house options packages built into it, I simply didn't want one without the full options list, it makes the vehicle complete and so much better that way rather than 'bare bones' with no options

Here in Australia that lighting option is packaged together with the panoramic roof and a whole list of other optional extras in what they call the 'vision package' I can certainly see why everyone would want it, the intelligent headlights look fantastic and offer so many practicle functions as well and the panoramic roof looks and works brilliantly.

Hopefully all the people that get a hold of set to retro fit can get it all set up and working properly, you'll love the difference they make
Old 04-15-2013, 03:02 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by DameMD

If you are not worried about getting the "C" light to work and loosing high beams then I think the OEM housings would work great. Otherwise its going to cost $,$$$$ to get the lights to work as you need so many parts.
That would be a shame if the C lights and high beam don't work the high beam is also a required necessity, if you guys get a set of OEM intelligent headlights definitely get all the bits needed to get them fully functioning, it'll be pointless otherwise