New c250 coupe. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c250 coupe sport
New c250 coupe. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster.
Just picked up a black c250 coupe with sport+ pkg.

Wanted some help/ideas on new rims.

I want to go 19" and really want to stick with oem mb wheels. So I was looking at some sl63 rims and put together a pic. Let me know what you guys think?
I haven't researched on the offset and I know this may be a problem. If you guys have any other 19" rim and tire size suggestion/recommendation it would me much appreciated. If you know of any rims that are aftermarket and would look good on a black c250 please let me know. I have been looking for the past 3 days. I'm also considering an all Matt black setup.

I don't have many mods planned, just plastidip all the chrome and hardwire my valentine 1.

I was also thinking about getting the c350 diffuser and setting up dual exhaust but not a functional one, mainly because I don't want to deal with turbo back pressure issues or whatever may happen. I just want it for looks since the single exhaust looks a little blaaa

This is what I put together of the sl63 idea.

New c250 coupe. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated-image.jpg
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Congrats on the new C Coupe

Agree with your planned mods as I too am addressing the same 2 things, ie. 19" wheels and dual exhaust like yourself mainly for form but in my case both will also provide better function as well as the exhaust I'm opting for has been specifically designed, tested and made for the application

With the OEM 19" wheels just make sure that the offsets (ET) are similar to the OEM C Class wheels and you shouldn't have any issues.

I've seen aftermarket copies of those rims you have pictured installed on 2 C Class Coupes and they looked good, however I wasn't able to inspect them up close to see how well or not they 'seated' in the wheel arches.

Hope all goes well
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 AM

2013 c250 coupe sport
AV1,

Thanks! Could you please tell me which exhaust it is? I may want to go that direction. I also saw this pic earlier today and liked this on the black c63. I think it would look good on a black c250.. Do you know what model AMG rims these are?

New c250 coupe. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated-2013-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black.jpg
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by aphilip
AV1,

Thanks! Could you please tell me which exhaust it is? I may want to go that direction. I also saw this pic earlier today and liked this on the black c63. I think it would look good on a black c250.. Do you know what model AMG rims these are?

Attachment 258356
I'm not sure what OEM model no. those rims are sorry but as said they are also available as copies, you could look them up in an MB brochure, I only know the OEM model no. of my 18" split 5 spoke rims which are 786.

Regarding the exhaust after months of going back and forth I decided to look at 3 systems - Eisenmann, Brabus, SuperSprint - I settled on the SuperSprint.

I've decided to go with high quality brands because I'm keeping the C Coupe long term and don't want any issues with cheaper untested hardware in that area even though it's only an axle back system I'm doing to mine, although the Y piece begins at the same place as the OEM pipe joint about mid way of the cars length.

The above brands have systems made to suit the different variants of our C Class Coupes etc. so either one should work properly.

My choice came down to the finished result, I love the Brabus but prefer the look of the 2 large oval tips as opposed to the small quad round tips and also the Brabus necessitates cutting of the diffusor openings which I didn't want to do, the Eisenmann also has large dual oval tips but personally I prefer the finish of the SuperSprint system.

It'll be a straight up fitment with no extra work to be performed on any other part of the car.

I've also done some research on them and it was mainly all positive, I also know 2 people who've used SuperSprint on their BMW's here in Australia and have highly praised them.

Cost wise all 3 are similar within a few hundred $$$ of each other.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Those rims on the car look really good. Pity the A250 rims aren't staggered so you could just pick up a set of those.

Good luck with finding a set! Shouldn't be too hard. Lots of pretty good sets out there. These rims were also on the previous gen CLS - might be too big though.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM

2013 c250 coupe sport
Thanks Blickling,

I think I have decided to go with the C63 rims. I don't want to deal with the offset issues.

AV1 I looked around for the exhaust but couldn't find any for the 2013. Should I search for 2010? Are they the same?

Do you guys have any suggestions on headlights? Mine did not come with the lighting package and I did not have the option to get one since I was not the original owner of the car. I looked around and saw the SPYDER setup but I don't think they have one for the 2013 yet.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Thanks Blickling,

I think I have decided to go with the C63 rims. I don't want to deal with the offset issues.

AV1 I looked around for the exhaust but couldn't find any for the 2013. Should I search for 2010? Are they the same?

Do you guys have any suggestions on headlights? Mine did not come with the lighting package and I did not have the option to get one since I was not the original owner of the car. I looked around and saw the SPYDER setup but I don't think they have one for the 2013 yet.
Both the newer and older style C63 rims will look and fit beautifully IMO

The SuperSprint exhaust I've chosen for my C Coupe is listed on various SuperSprint sites, it shows up as '11 onwards for the C204 Coupe variants.

I dealt both directly with the manufacturer in Italy and an authorised SuperSprint dealer where I'm located in Australia.

Here's a link to the SupeSprint page specifically for the C204 C250-CGI or petrol C250 variant - note mine is for the CDI or diesel variant

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-7...093E280BA.aspx

Re: headlights personally I don't have useful info on that, mine has the full lighting package, however if you do a search there are many threads here on that topic and I've seen quite a few people install various types of headlights in place of the normal standard ones, hopefully there's something there which will suit what your looking for
Old 05-02-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i

I was also thinking about getting the c350 diffuser and setting up dual exhaust but not a functional one, mainly because I don't want to deal with turbo back pressure issues or whatever may happen. I just want it for looks since the single exhaust looks a little blaaa

[258329
Don't worry about back pressure unless you are planning on going with 1.5 piping all around lol. A lot of us have upgraded the exhaust. I went dual exhaust route, you can find my thread if you search. The single exhaust look on the c250 is I was quite disappointed when the c250 came out and it only had a single exhaust versus, all of the online publications indicating that the c250 had dual-exhaust like the c350.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 PM

2013 c250 coupe sport
hah yeh the single exhaust look is a bit BLAH! thanks a lot for your replys guys.

I have decided to do the following...

So far I am looking at doing .... C63 5 spoke gunmetal rims.
BMS BURGER Engine Tune
BMS Intake

Still looking for options on headlights

And I think AV1 has convinced me to go with a functional dual exhaust now

Thanks for all your reply guys. Much appreciated.