Has anyone got this yet?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Fi...c9c935b&_uhb=1

keen on this one!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
???
Most of the pics shown are the C63 Coupe with the AMG Development Pack. The spoiler is Authentic AMG Carbon Fiber so don't count on the fit and finish being the same.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe
I got my CF roof and trunk spoiler set from that user. The trunk spoiler I had no issue, but the roof spoiler would warp and not fit on my roof so the seller gave me a refund on it. I got bored one day and put books on it to flatten it out and waited until the weather was warmer to put the roof one on. Surprisingly it stayed on. Other than that, the quality is very nice. The trunk spoiler has been on for 3 months, and the roof spoiler 2 weeks, so far no peeling or fading. Pretty easy DIY install too.

Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler-wibg11v.jpg

Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler-wyok9ei.jpg
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
I've got a genuine OEM ABS plastic unit on my C Coupe, much prefer the colour coded look than CF.

That one above looks good for the price though, if CF is your thing go for it
Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
[QUOTE=lookinbarrel;5669260]I got my CF roof and trunk spoiler set from that user. The trunk spoiler I had no issue, but the roof spoiler would warp and not fit on my roof so the seller gave me a refund on it. I got bored one day and put books on it to flatten it out and waited until the weather was warmer to put the roof one on. Surprisingly it stayed on. Other than that, the quality is very nice. The trunk spoiler has been on for 3 months, and the roof spoiler 2 weeks, so far no peeling or fading. Pretty easy DIY install too.

Great! Glad to hear it fits perfect. If its not too much hassel would i be able to see more photos of the lip spoiler? i might end up getting it
Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
I've got a genuine OEM ABS plastic unit on my C Coupe, much prefer the colour coded look than CF.

That one above looks good for the price though, if CF is your thing go for it
Colour coded looks good too! Where did you get your lip spoiler and how much?

im looking to also get these!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes-...e84117f&_uhb=1

trying to different my coupe from others since i'm seeing a lot white coupes on the road, which is a good thing! but i just to be different haha

What do you guys think?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AC63
Colour coded looks good too! Where did you get your lip spoiler and how much?

im looking to also get these!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes-...e84117f&_uhb=1

trying to different my coupe from others since i'm seeing a lot white coupes on the road, which is a good thing! but i just to be different haha

What do you guys think?
G'Day AC63

Got my OEM spoiler from my MB dealer service and spares department, gave me a 'reasonable' discount on it as the normal price for these things here in Aust. from MB can be anywhere from 1200-1500 $AUD got mine supplied and professionally colour matched (diamond white) for $800.

Not really a CF looks fan as stated so wouldn't go for any of those other parts listed above in the link but that's a case of each to their own, I like your idea of individualising your coupe, also doing the same myself with specific mods to my own personal taste and requirements and am not holding back, ie. want items to be as good or better than OEM.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but seeing your a fellow C250-CDI owner thought I'd share a couple of pics of my C250-CDI to show the spoiler and other external mods so far achieved, the diffusor is actually a CF unit which I've had painted up in gloss black duco to match the panoramic roof

Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
G'Day AC63

Got my OEM spoiler from my MB dealer service and spares department, gave me a 'reasonable' discount on it as the normal price for these things here in Aust. from MB can be anywhere from 1200-1500 $AUD got mine supplied and professionally colour matched (diamond white) for $800.

Not really a CF looks fan as stated so wouldn't go for any of those other parts listed above in the link but that's a case of each to their own, I like your idea of individualising your coupe, also doing the same myself with specific mods to my own personal taste and requirements and am not holding back, ie. want items to be as good or better than OEM.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but seeing your a fellow C250-CDI owner thought I'd share a couple of pics of my C250-CDI to show the spoiler and other external mods so far achieved, the diffusor is actually a CF unit which I've had painted up in gloss black duco to match the panoramic roof

Ohhh, i asked the dealer if i was able to purchase a lip spoiler, however, they told me the only way to get a cf spoiler is to take it off from a c63. ):

I like what you did to your car! very nice with the dual exhaust. how does it sound?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
[quote=AC63;5669576]
Originally Posted by lookinbarrel
I got my CF roof and trunk spoiler set from that user. The trunk spoiler I had no issue, but the roof spoiler would warp and not fit on my roof so the seller gave me a refund on it. I got bored one day and put books on it to flatten it out and waited until the weather was warmer to put the roof one on. Surprisingly it stayed on. Other than that, the quality is very nice. The trunk spoiler has been on for 3 months, and the roof spoiler 2 weeks, so far no peeling or fading. Pretty easy DIY install too.

Great! Glad to hear it fits perfect. If its not too much hassel would i be able to see more photos of the lip spoiler? i might end up getting it
Here are some close ups of the spoiler.

I also have CF side mirrors (Yes, I am a Carbon Fiber *****), but they are the entire housing, not just a cover. There were some discussion about the CF side mirrors covers in the coupe forums but they ended up going nowhere. You should check the sedan forum for some discussion about it.

I still have my OEM arctic white trunk spoiler that came with the car that I'm willing to part with.

Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler-35ziibu.jpg

Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler-2fchqko.jpg

Last edited by lookinbarrel; 06-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AC63
Ohhh, i asked the dealer if i was able to purchase a lip spoiler, however, they told me the only way to get a cf spoiler is to take it off from a c63. ):

I like what you did to your car! very nice with the dual exhaust. how does it sound?
You can indeed get a OEM C63 CF spoiler from MB but it'll cost you significantly more than the OEM ABS unit, AFAIK around 2.5k $AUD which is totally ridiculous, better off getting one of the ebay units.

Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust mod, it's a complete model and variant specific for the C250-CDI SuperSprint system that I've optioned with large single dual oval outlets rather than quads and it sounds alot better than before, ie. much more quiet which is exactly what you'd want for any IL4 diesel engine

It still has about the same volume and sound at wide open throttle (WOT) but down low and at partial throttle applications it does without the overly loud and bassy diesel rumble within the cabin, it still has that distinctive diesel rumble but it's much more subdued - which is much better than before.

If you've ever driven an E Class E250-CDI it sounds almost identicle to that from within the cabin as with the E Class MB have purposely installed more sound proofing to make them more quiet and therefore seem more refined and justify the much higher price tag for essentially the same vehicle as the C Class mechanically speaking.

Power wise and response wise it's definitely better than before across the whole rev spread and at both WOT and partial throttle applications so I'm totally happy with the result.

Once I've completed all mods I'll run it on a dyno as well to get some firm numbers and do time trials with an onboard performance meter I have, it's definitely much quicker and faster than before already withthe exhast and tuning module in place, but that's for another thread