Wig Wag lighting question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2014 | 12:50 AM

C350
Wig Wag lighting question!

Does anybody have any idea if i would be able to install a Wig Wag setup to my OEM factory bi-xenon 2014 led headlights? If anyone who doesn't know, a Wig Wag is a device that lets the lights flash in a strobe manner. What I am trying to accomplish is to have my [C] style LED's strobe as well as my DRL to strobe. Don't think I'm crazy, but I'm trying to find something unique to do to my cars lighting and the only thing I've thought about is either this or putting strobe lights in the grilles. I was thinking about the Illuminated star, but its too common, and I really wanted to do something different. Let me know....:thank you:

Old 05-31-2014 | 06:35 AM

2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by moegunz
Does anybody have any idea if i would be able to install a Wig Wag setup to my OEM factory bi-xenon 2014 led headlights? If anyone who doesn't know, a Wig Wag is a device that lets the lights flash in a strobe manner. What I am trying to accomplish is to have my [C] style LED's strobe as well as my DRL to strobe. Don't think I'm crazy, but I'm trying to find something unique to do to my cars lighting and the only thing I've thought about is either this or putting strobe lights in the grilles. I was thinking about the Illuminated star, but its too common, and I really wanted to do something different. Let me know....:thank you:

I don't know where you live but in many states (if not all) wigwags are illegal in a non-law enforcement vehicle. I am not sure installing them is illegal, but using them can be considered impersonating an officer of the law.
Old 05-31-2014 | 08:53 AM

C350
Don't worry about that. Where I work, Legality is not a problem.
Old 05-31-2014 | 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
No- it is not recommended. HID lights seem to take longer to "light up" due to their design- that's why they don't use them for High-Beams. If you flash them- it is more of a draw and takes longer.
Be Safe!
Old 05-31-2014 | 09:50 AM

C350
We'll the wig wag won't be attached to the HID headlights. It will be attached to the [C] shaped LEDS and the DRL's.
Old 05-31-2014 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
The DRLs might night be an issue since they are standard LEDs. I'm not sure what type of bulb the "C" Lights are, but I wouldn't take a chance. Why not install LEDs behind the grille?
Old 06-02-2014 | 10:44 PM

C350
I would but i don't know how to access the firewall on both sides so i can install the controller inside the car because if i were to get LED's inside the grill i would get the onces that strobe like cops have....im so freaking confused and cannot make up my mind. I went to an automotive lighting place here in NY and its $400 JUST to install LED's in the grill. price of the led's separate!
Old 06-02-2014 | 11:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
I would but i don't know how to access the firewall on both sides so i can install the controller inside the car because if i were to get LED's inside the grill i would get the onces that strobe like cops have....im so freaking confused and cannot make up my mind. I went to an automotive lighting place here in NY and its $400 JUST to install LED's in the grill. price of the led's separate!

Why do you want them?

(Playing cop?)
Old 06-03-2014 | 12:18 AM

C350
Not playing cop. I've already done everything possible to my car. Vinyled interior, changed every bulb inside and out, v1 install, black side mirrors, door handles, turn signals, tints, Grille vinyled, entire car chrome delete with gloss black vinyl. There's not an inch I haven't touched, altered, or changed. Down to the red calipers install, stock headlight HID bulbs, cornering bulbs and reverse bulbs changed. Main reason for some unique lighting is becuase I go to a lot of car meets in NY and I think some unique lighting would seriously make my car different. My Big Fin gloss black rear diffuser should be in the mail. X-pipe and cats delete as well.
Old 06-03-2014 | 08:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Not playing cop. I've already done everything possible to my car. Vinyled interior, changed every bulb inside and out, v1 install, black side mirrors, door handles, turn signals, tints, Grille vinyled, entire car chrome delete with gloss black vinyl. There's not an inch I haven't touched, altered, or changed. Down to the red calipers install, stock headlight HID bulbs, cornering bulbs and reverse bulbs changed. Main reason for some unique lighting is becuase I go to a lot of car meets in NY and I think some unique lighting would seriously make my car different. My Big Fin gloss black rear diffuser should be in the mail. X-pipe and cats delete as well.

With a reason like that, money should be no object. Find a local emergency vehicle builder (or ricer shop) and have them put strobes in every conceivable place.
That last thing I put wig-wags on was a 1976 Chevy C20 van, but that was being built into an ambulance.
Old 06-04-2014 | 07:31 AM

C350
Important question jay:

Should I go with a setup when I have LED's inside the grille. 2 in the front grill and 4 in the bottom grill of the w204 coupe?

Or

Would you rather have strobe clear side markers and taillights?
Old 06-04-2014 | 08:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

If I was building an Ambulance, I would put a set of teardrop rotating lights on the front fenders; however, if I was a ricer I would shoot myself.

Honestly, there are so many options for lighting these days, Just have fun till the budget runs out.
http://www.amazon.com/b?node=15736531