TMC Motorsports C250 Engine Tuning Box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c250 Coupe Sport
TMC Motorsports C250 Engine Tuning Box

Has anyone tried the TMC Motorsports C250 Tune @ http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningB...x?SID=10104568 ?
How does it compare to JB+?

Engine Tuning Box for your Mercedes-Benz C-Class Chiptuning Box Mercedes C 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY W204 150 kW 204 PS
Up to 30% More Power, 15% Fuel Saving

Performance Original Tuned
KW 150 188
BHP 204 256
NM 310 357

Also, not sure if i pick bosch, delphi, or N/A when i select my vehicle type
Install Instructions @

Install Instructions 2 @
Old 01-11-2016, 09:42 PM

13' C250 C204 Steel grey
For starters the bosch and delphi ones are for diesel engines.

As for the third option, I'd email them to ask. I think it could work???

I have narry's tornado box, haven't installed yet due to awaiting 30k service and a dyno run.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:59 AM

c250 Coupe Sport
Originally Posted by c204coupe
For starters the bosch and delphi ones are for diesel engines.

As for the third option, I'd email them to ask. I think it could work???

I have narry's tornado box, haven't installed yet due to awaiting 30k service and a dyno run.

sweet ! how much hp will you get out of that and how much is it? better than jb+ ?
Old 01-13-2016, 03:55 AM

13' C250 C204 Steel grey
Originally Posted by fl0wmastr
sweet ! how much hp will you get out of that and how much is it? better than jb+ ?
I dont know what the jb does but theres plenty of posts about it. it is just a single channel. Notice all the posts about overboost mode which causes the system to shut down and go into limp mode.. Where as the tmc and tornado tuners are 4 channels and control 4 different aspects of the engine. for what i know won't throw overboost errors. The plus for the tornado tuner is it can be customized. I.e. change the fuel rail pressure up or down. Delay the diverter vavle release to hold more boost at higher revs.

I hope in a fews to have this installed as well as the charge\boost pipes. my goal is at least 250hp so badge on the rear of the car isnt a lie

I also have the t box which is like the tmc transmission flash. Now That i have used and can say that the car really does move and shifts are a lot faster and fluid when flooring it. And when using the paddle shifters in e or s have a much quicker response.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C260
the only box in the market which can adjust fuel

hi
normal I donot like to compare other people products
but since people asking I will reply
our box is only box in the market which can adjust 4 channels
1 is boost 2 map 3 fuel pressure very important if you change mid pipe and muffler 4 is turbo valve
now I must say even this brand cxx which cost more than thousand dollars
doest adjust fuel
I see most of the people changing mide pipe and muffler to sports type
after you change this your turbo boost goes high so what point in buying a box which only adjust boost because it will not work
but most of tuner for benz only test the product in brand new car without any modifications so buying a box which only does boost pressure is useless wont give more power at all fuel adjustment is key
also we also provide tune software which very easy to use just put some number and the car is tuned with each and every tune box for free including obd2 elm interface free for diagnostic
because for example you living in hot place you can adjust it
or you in cold place can increase more boost
I hope this answer most of the question
for more info can email me at newtongsm@gmail.com
or skype me at narry2004
narry
Old 01-28-2016, 06:09 PM

Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI
TMC tuning box is a rebranded Speedbuster tuning box and it controls 4 sensors, Boost Pressure Sensor, Throttle Valve Switch, Camshaft Position Sensor and Manifold Pressure Sensor. Good thing is it's Made in Germany and it has 4 sensors to monitor. Also another rebranded TMC/Speedbuster is VRTuned(vivid racing) in USA. So either of these you get the same box but at slightly different prices. Speedbuster is the highest in price because of TUV certification included.

Here is the PDF with installation instructions from another dealer of Speedbuster/TMC rebranded box so exactly same installation: https://www.kochtuning.com/data/medi...-135-150kw.pdf

There is also RaceChip discussed sometime on this forum.

There is also an Italian tuning box called Seletron which is also providing software for adjustment of parameters for dealers of that box, same for DTE Systems(Germany) tuning box which is a rebranded box from TuningBox (Belgium)

These are medium priced tuning boxes for the 250 CGI engine.

There are also expensive ones like Carlsson C-tronic tuning box/ Kleemann (which was a rebranded Steinbauer tuning box now they have something inhouse) / Brabus tuning box / KW-Systems tuning box/ Vaeth tuning box.

Most tested of these tuning boxes and dyno-ed are TMC/Speedbuster and DTE Systems from what I found on internet and other forums. Also Carlsson is discussed on this forum.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe, 2013 C250 Sedan, 2004 Ford SVT Cobra, 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
Has anyone used the TMC tune box? If so what issues have you had? Thanks in advance
Old 03-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe, 2013 C250 Sedan, 2004 Ford SVT Cobra, 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
I purchased and installed the TMC tune box and have had zero issues. I didn't really notice the power gain right off the bat, but after driving the car for a little over a hundred miles I can def tell a difference. I have had no overboost conditions or CELs come on as of yet and hopefully neither one of those conditions will come into play. I'll update in the next week or so and give more feedback.
The following users liked this post:
primix (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI
Thanks for the input about the TMC Box, I plan to get it too but waiting for the new model with App control from phone, I really want a option to shut it off without getting into the engine bay. I know from other forums it takes some time for the engine to adapt to the new parameters. Let me know if you dyno-ed the car.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK x156
I have equipment from speedbuster on my GLA - powerbox and pedalbox - it works great