C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

DAMN! wasnt paying attention hit the car infront of me..:(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
DAMN! wasnt paying attention hit the car infront of me..:(

yup wasnt paying attention and smacked the car infront of me
being the day dreamer that i am
the truck was a n older one and the guy was pretty nice...
he told me he was fine and he wouldnt charge anything for the damage i did to his truck which want really anything
but my car paid the price the bumper has a big crack in it
and i feel so bad cause its mah baby....sniff n e wayz
n e 1 know how much a brand new front will run me?
instalation and paint job incl.? i dunwan to go to mah dealer
which i am leasing from casue they might say theres an engine problem ect. it was only a fender bender but still...
better to be cautious i think.... n e wayz well i am considering of just putting on the brabus kit and let mah original bumper sit in my garage....i ferget the price of the kit n e 1 know it?
*sigh*~ im soo stupid...

O yah i also changed mah lights the front and the back interior lights i read a post of using a blue permanent marker on the bulb
the front looks really good but the back for some reason is weird lookn...loooks really cool at night....
Old 06-15-2002, 03:27 AM

White C230 Coupe, Leather, Evolution, Panorama, Heated seats, Bose, Factory Alarm
man....sorry about your accident..
that really sux...!!
Old 06-15-2002, 04:41 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
just to get a new bumper and have the bodyshop paint it and install it could cost up to 7-8 hundred dollar, not to mention that the damage there might be inside the bumper.

i'm sorry for what happened to you...but hey...**** happens be careful next time.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 C240/2000 ML320
This is from my repair estimate:

front bumper cover pn 203 885 14 25 $442
r frt upr cover mldg pn 203 885 22 21 $96
l frt bumper cover mldg pn 203 885 21 21 $71

And then add a few hundred for remove & replace labor & paint/materials.

Not too cheap..........
Old 06-15-2002, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you are leasing your car, why are you considering getting kits on it.. i thought you had to return the car in the pretty much the same state you go it....
Old 06-16-2002, 01:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Fuzzo
If you are leasing your car, why are you considering getting kits on it.. i thought you had to return the car in the pretty much the same state you go it....
i am leasing my car and i am also going to get a body kit, pully, maybe chip and intercooler. plus the stuff i have now. but i am going to have to take it all out and put it all back to stock about a month before the lease is up. it will be a big expense to take everything off though. but i will be selling everything i have incase anyone wants to reserve it now for less than 3 years from now..... lol
Old 06-16-2002, 06:01 PM

c240
kekeke thx for yallz support but hey i was stupid and jus lucky i didnt rear end a nice car or my 30 percent discount on my insurance would of blown away....
hmmm sounds like i might as well get a kit for that price..
i know im leaseing it and at least i feel like im not the only one souping up the car but i plan on buying out the car later might as well cause i know im going to be proboly end up putting 12G canadian in that car eventually within a year or so...
as for a back up plan my dad owns a body shop so he says he can do some clay stuff and sand it down all i would need too buy is the chromy thingy that goes in the middle he says it should look brand new..what u guys think of that? is that possible? or should i just go with buying a brand new stock front end if i do give it backin three years...?
Old 06-16-2002, 07:01 PM

2002 Paprika C230K/C7/C4/C2/6spd/Chip(?)
Hey man, no offense, but did the accident mess up your language and spelling skills, too? Looks like english isn't your first language, as demonstrated here and in this post : Say What? .
Old 06-16-2002, 07:22 PM

c240
hope yer joking...
hehe but yah im a bad speller
Old 06-16-2002, 07:42 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Originally posted by NJPaprika230
Hey man, no offense, but did the accident mess up your language and spelling skills, too? Looks like english isn't your first language, as demonstrated here and in this post : Say What? .
So what? Does that make him a worse person? English is not my first language either, but I post here anyway. I post here simply because I think this is the best resource for MB related info I've found sofar. If people having trouble understanding me, well, then they are free to ask me to clarify what I'm trying to say. But I don't think my lousy english is reasson enough to bash me (or anyone else). I thought this was a MB forum, and not a english grammar/spelling forum.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:09 PM

2002 Paprika C230K/C7/C4/C2/6spd/Chip(?)
Hey, I wasn't directly attacking him about english not being his first language. I used the wrong words, sorry. But I see this kind of stuff everywhere. People think just because they're posting on some board somewhere, that they can get lazy and not spell correctly, not use punctuation, not make complete sentences, etc. Come on, are you trying to tell me you LIKE reading a post that says "hay, kan any 1 hep me? mah kar got a buzump blah blah blah"? Hey, I come here to learn and contribute, too. But I don't want to work at decoding some cryptic post. Personally, if you're asking for help, and I saw your post was all encrypted with 'Net shorthand, I wouldn't want to help you. Take the time to post something that looks and reads halfway intelligent. I personally think it's a reflection on the poster if their message is written at a second grade level. Hell, even a second grader could spell better. Just one of my pet peeves. Sorry if I offended anyone who does not have english as a first language. That was not my intention, and was a poor choice of words for me to use.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:38 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
reading posts with words misspelled is different than to decipher codes. e n 1 agre?
Old 06-16-2002, 11:50 PM

c240
thx dts lets not make this a big issue
my english is pretty good when i speak it but i hate typing stuff
and my format needs to be more precise and easy plus i am a lil lazy to structure it properly.. next time ill try my best to do that..
n e wayz not a big deal lets get back to MB shall we?
Old 06-17-2002, 03:56 AM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Sure! Thats what this forum is meant for after all!