C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Acura RSX is way better

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: Acura RSX is way better

Originally posted by Zerostatic
I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just a car fan and I just couldn't believe some of the statements being said about the RSX type S when compared to the C230. Bottomline the Acura RSX type S is the better car. There are no if's and's or but's about that. It's almost a fact. You guys can make any responses you want, and I'll try and counter. By the way I don't own an RSX type S.
You guys trying to use quality as a pro for your cars obviously haven't been in the ****pit of the RSX. It's downright beautiful, and is probably the best interior of any car out right now that cost under 40 g's. The steering wheel is great, and tell me those recaro seats aren't awesome.
It's manual transmission belongs in exotic super cars. When I drove it it felt like I was slicing butter with a sharp knife or something. It is very precises.
It's faster. I don't think I have to elaborate on that, you guys must already know that it is faster then the merc.
Long term reliability must again go to the Acura considering it's high rankings in long term reliability polls.
It get's better gas mileage.
A lot of you guys act like your warrenty is way better but the basic warrenty coverage and the powertrain are covered by the same 4 years/50,000 miles. In fact on body corrosion the RSX is covered forever and teh merc is only covered for 50,000 miles.
Looks wise, I will have to say The Benz, even though the C230 isn't beautiful at least it looks distinctive. The RSX is a bit bland. But that can be corrected with the OEM bodykit which is dealer installed option.
Another advantage the benz has is that it's rear wheel drive. Rear wheel drive is a neccesity when it comes to sports cars. But these aren't sports cars, they're sporty cars, so it's not a huge disadvantage on the RSX's side.
Another thing you guys seem to really like is your panorama sunroof. I guess that's another advantage for the C230.
Value-wise is where the RSX really makes a killing It comes optioned out with all the goodies (in dash Bose 6 CD player, moonroof, leather recaro seats) for under 24,000 g's.
The main thing the C230 has going for it is that it's a mercedes. Which I'll admit is worth a lot. If I was still in highschool I'd go with the benz, because everyone was concerned with image in highschool. But now, I can't understand how grown people will spend more money for a lesser product just because of the brand.

the rsx does not come with recaro seats they might look like it but there not. the RSX type R does might come with them but not the type S. and are u joking about the rsx Bose system it sucks ***** man. even the magazines said it. i heard it in person and a standard c230k system sounds alot better than the crappy bose they put in the rsx. and of course the car is faster its alot lighter 2. i am not even going to mention all the other things the c230k is better with.

BOTTOM LINE THE C230K IS A BETTER CAR THEN THE RSX-Type S !!!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Like I said before, I was not trolling.
Then crawl back under your bridge. Your opinion is not only short sited and unknowing, it's incorrect. Good Bye!
Old 06-17-2002, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor
So wrong,
You need to drive the cars (a little more than a test drive) to understand,
each one is a completely different experience.
I traded a RSX-S for my c230, and I couldnt be happier. No compairson, the Benz is the superior car... not street rod, racecar, or dyno exerciser, but a real car that you absolutely love to drive every day in all sorts of conditions. I havent been this happy since I bought my first car, and no mechanical problems of any kind so far,knock on wood . The RSX was nice, to be sure, but it never did much for me , no wow factor of any kind, it was. well plain and boring (even with it being quicker than the Benz).
Old 06-17-2002, 11:44 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
everyday when i got out of work, and got into my integra to drive home, it was nothing more than a means to get to my house. A nicely appointed civic, with a cd player and leather to trick me into thinking other wise.

The benz makes me look forward to the drive home, its fun. When the seat moves back when i open the door, its like the car is inviting me back in. The endless run of red lights is just another chance for me to look up through my sunroof and admire the sky, or watch people watch m car.

For the integra, and the RSX a red light is another race with a ford windstar off the line.... Better drop the clutch at 3500 if i dont want to get shipped.

simply put, i love my benz. its the first great purchase of my young life. Maybe people feel that way about their RSXs too.... but then again, thats maybe why everyone should STFU about this dumb topic
Old 06-18-2002, 08:48 AM

Re: Re: Acura RSX is way better

Originally posted by dasMafia

to all you benzophiles, I hope you forgive my former (and future) indiscretions re: choice in automobiles... BUT you will be happy to know that my father-in-law is trading his acura TL for an E430 sport.... and I encouraged it heartily without mentioning the E39 5er!
Oh dasMafia it is so nice to see that you are becoming more agreeable.
Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by timk
I traded a RSX-S for my c230, and I couldnt be happier. No compairson, the Benz is the superior car... not street rod, racecar, or dyno exerciser, but a real car that you absolutely love to drive every day in all sorts of conditions.
That can be fixed. A C230 can be a competent street rod, racecar and dyno excerciser. Don't sell us short!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Almost a Member!

There are like 10 different replies that I want to make to certain people right now, but I figure it's not worth wasting my time. I probably shouldn't have posted the original post in the first place, but that's just how I feel. I read all your replies, and though I actually think more of the C230 than I previously had, I still think the RSX is a better car. I guess that's why we have so many different choices when it comes to cars. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Please no more replies, just let this thread fade into nonexistence.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
If you really feel that way, go to your initial post, hit edit, and delete it out.

It'll save some bandwith.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:27 PM

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster (hardtop current ly attached)
Re: Re: Re: Acura RSX is way better

Originally posted by viper

Oh dasMafia it is so nice to see that you are becoming more agreeable.
Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.
don't worry, I'm still good ol' das.... I'm buying my wife a 325 touring for her birthday...
Old 06-18-2002, 02:04 PM

2002 C230, 1996 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
There are like 10 different replies that I want to make to certain people right now, but I figure it's not worth wasting my time. I probably shouldn't have posted the original post in the first place, but that's just how I feel. I read all your replies, and though I actually think more of the C230 than I previously had, I still think the RSX is a better car. I guess that's why we have so many different choices when it comes to cars. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Please no more replies, just let this thread fade into nonexistence.
Actually, Zerostatic, don't think that we don't value your opinion. We do, and that's why we have read and responded to your original post. That's what makes the world go around...people's opinions, likes and dislikes, etc. But remember, people often get very passionate about the cars they choose to own. It reflects on who a person is to the whole world. You need to keep in mind that you were allowed to express your opinion for others to read, and now you need to allow us to express ours to you.

I like this sort of debate. It opens doors for everyone to discuss different cars and why they are better/inferior, and stimulates conversation that goes beyond the norm that is generally posted here about defects, paint, detailing, body kits, etc. While that is informative, it gets boring sometimes without some genuine conversation about exactly WHY we all love our C230s.

When another car is mentioned, most times we all talk about it, compare it to our 230s, and all remember why we chose the Benz. Because we think it's the best car for the money. We realize you don't think it is and that's fine. You don't have to take your ball and go home mad, but at the end of the day you won't change our minds and we won't change yours. That's life and that's OK. If every person on the planet drove a C230, I wouldn't want one anyway. I like to be different and as soon as 230s pop up on every street corner like Dodge Neons or Ford Focuses, I'm trading mine!:p
Old 06-18-2002, 02:36 PM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by MsMercedes

Actually, Zerostatic, don't think that we don't value your opinion. We do, and that's why we have read and responded to your original post. That's what makes the world go around...people's opinions, likes and dislikes, etc. But remember, people often get very passionate about the cars they choose to own. It reflects on who a person is to the whole world. You need to keep in mind that you were allowed to express your opinion for others to read, and now you need to allow us to express ours to you.

I like this sort of debate. It opens doors for everyone to discuss different cars and why they are better/inferior, and stimulates conversation that goes beyond the norm that is generally posted here about defects, paint, detailing, body kits, etc. While that is informative, it gets boring sometimes without some genuine conversation about exactly WHY we all love our C230s.

When another car is mentioned, most times we all talk about it, compare it to our 230s, and all remember why we chose the Benz. Because we think it's the best car for the money. We realize you don't think it is and that's fine. You don't have to take your ball and go home mad, but at the end of the day you won't change our minds and we won't change yours. That's life and that's OK. If every person on the planet drove a C230, I wouldn't want one anyway. I like to be different and as soon as 230s pop up on every street corner like Dodge Neons or Ford Focuses, I'm trading mine!:p
For realz. Once in a while it's good to hear opposing views so we don't get too biased. It also makes the forum much more fun.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car

You guys can make any responses you want, and I'll try and counter.
Not to add fuel to the fire here, but there have been some posts with opinions as to why the MB is a better car, and a better value than the RSX. There have even been some posts to counter the facts that you stated. So far you have not countered with anything other than to complain about people not agreeing with you. If you fail to make any intelligent responses, then your original post was exactly what you said it would not be.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
larry bird or magic johnson...wait..what? not a sports forum...not the eighties? ...aww...
Old 06-18-2002, 03:53 PM

2002 C230
LOLOL I have 2 friends both have rsx's and it's ok if ur young but it's a ****ty motor, one of them has already blown the motor at like 5k miles. It's a piece of ****, alot of people have blownt heir rsx look on their forums. how cany u even compare an acura to a mercedes. not even in the same class.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wanna hear something else that's funny? was at the track watching this m3 (e36, mid 90's for those not familiar) slicing through the corners like mad...pretty cool. of course...all of the sudden, he mis-shifts..."pow!" aka madden style, something flys out of the back of his car...i think he blew his motor and that was one of the cylinders flying out back...

later...i was told the same guy tried to go back to the dealer for warranty...that was even funnier.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by steve s
i think he blew his motor and that was one of the cylinders flying out back...
ummm, no. not a piston flying out back... unless it was torn off the rod and thrown through the oil pan... which is not very likely.

and when you track ANY engine... **** happens.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
I don't see any reason to be picking on this guy for his opinions. For the most part, you get what you pay for. I do agree that the RSX Type S shifter is one of the nicest shifters in a lower priced car that I've ever used.

He's entitled to his opinion. Some people laugh at me when I tell them I payed $62k for the smallest MB sedan, a compact no less. Some people cannot justify these things. The C-coupe is a step down for Mercedes. The RSX is a step up for Acura. However, there is still a gap between them.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by JustinTRW
I don't see any reason to be picking on this guy for his opinions. For the most part, you get what you pay for. I do agree that the RSX Type S shifter is one of the nicest shifters in a lower priced car that I've ever used.

He's entitled to his opinion. Some people laugh at me when I tell them I payed $62k for the smallest MB sedan, a compact no less. Some people cannot justify these things. The C-coupe is a step down for Mercedes. The RSX is a step up for Acura. However, there is still a gap between them.
He is entitled to his opinion, I will give you that... but his post IS flame bait by all definitions AND after offering to debate all contenders on the various issues and merits of the cars, he has managed to address exactly ZERO of the issues presented.

add those two together, and he really is asking for it.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Is this thread going to die anytime soon? 60+ posts to counter a troll is a bit much.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by JustinTRW ... Some people laugh at me when I tell them I payed $62k for the smallest MB sedan, a compact no less.
In Europe it falls under the "large family sedan" class.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by JustinTRW The C-coupe is a step down for Mercedes.
Only price-wise and only for a typical US buyer. In Europe and many other markets you can buy a CLK200K, an E230 etc. , not to mention the A-Class, all of which are priced comparably (or even less) to the C Coupe.

Otherwise - from the tech. content point of view - the Coupe is no different than C-Class sedans and a step ahead of the current CLK (just wait for the C32 Coupe to arrive - will silence many a snob).

Last edited by vadim; 06-18-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by vadim
Only price-wise and only for a typical US buyer. In Europe and many other markets you can buy a CLK200K, an E230 etc. , not to mention the A-Class, all of which are priced comparably (or even less) to the C Coupe.
taxi drivers in france (and probably germany) drive quite a lot of mbs...c-class and e-class, both stick and auto...french have that stupid "unwritten" rule of not allowing passengers in the shotgun...oh well.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
He's entitled to his opinion.
Yeah, but why post it here? I could go to any public forum to read never ending flame-fests, where idiots like Zerostatic troll for agruments. This is an MB enthusiast forum. Why the hell do we need to "sign up" for this board if it isn't going to be a moderated safe-haven from the idiots of the world? Example- a movie "film" forum I subscribe to has a strict rule that the only way to watch a film is in its original aspect ratio (the shape of the frame), as the director intended, and any posts where newbies come in and try to argue for chopping up films to fit their square TV's screen are NOT allowed. If they continue, their subscription is suspended. It's like inviting a person from (insert political party here) to speak at a convention of the opposing political party. Not good. Should this not be a happy community of like minded people (in so far as our choice of vehicle) where we discuss the likes and dislikes of OUR MB's, vs. a place rife with arguments created by non-MB owners? I, for one, would like the moderators to take steps to stop people like Zerostatic from bringing his juvenile shenanigans to OUR little world
Old 06-19-2002, 10:20 AM

M3
Originally posted by Jim Banville
I, for one, would like the moderators to take steps to stop people like Zerostatic from bringing his juvenile shenanigans to OUR little world
But in your "little world", you'd never see the truth, you would never learn and you would never grow.

If someone always praised you for doing something wrong, would you ever learn to do it right?
Old 06-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Out Of Control!

I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just
strictly a Troll! lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average.

Quick Reply: Acura RSX is way better