C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just got back from driving to Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' BMW E92 Coupe
Just got back from driving to Florida

So I spent alittle more than a week at my house down in Palm Beach FL. Took the ride down in the C230k. Did a total of about 2,800 miles which included all the driving around I did by my house. Very comfortable ride, and once you really learn the proper shifting and downshifting points, this car really moves. I was pretty impressed. Very happy I went with the 6spd manual b/c i remember test driving the auto and the damn thing would take forever to get going on the freeway. I wound up averaging alittle under 31 mpg on the way there and back. had the cruise control set mostly to 85 mph but did get her up to 120 a couple times. it's a nicer more comfortable ride than with the 330, but definitely more fun in the 330. suspension is abit soft in this car so i think i might do some upgrades in that area. All in all, i still think this car is a great bargain for it's price. Also I have to add, for anyone who does long trips, definitely invest in a colgan bra. not only does my front end still look like new, but it saved my *** on the jersey turnpike on the way home. slammed into a blown out tire at about 75 mph and it was loud. thought for sure i either cracked my front bumper or scratched it up pretty good. when i pulled into the next rest stop, i noticed the mesh grill in front of the intercooler was bent in and a gash on the bra, but nothing on the bumper which i was extremely relieved about. best $100 investment. takes a while to get it on the first time, but after that, i literally takes about 5 minutes and even less to take it off. later fellas
Old 06-10-2005, 10:50 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
Welcome Home. You missed some great weather, but I'm sure you had better. Im also heading down to Miami in about 2 weeks, where can I find this bra? Are you willing to sell it?
Old 06-11-2005, 01:54 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by TwofourT
Welcome Home. You missed some great weather, but I'm sure you had better. Im also heading down to Miami in about 2 weeks, where can I find this bra? Are you willing to sell it?
weather was on and off. it's rain season down there so we saw some heavy rainfall but did have some beautiful days as well. as for selling the bra, sorry bro. i start working winters down in florida this october so i will need the bra. got it from colgan directly. don't remember the website but just search and it should come up. came in about a week or a week and a half. i also got the mirror covers for another $30. let me know if you have any questions and have a safe trip
Old 06-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Kompressor sedan
You have just convinced me to invest in one of these. I will be traveling from the Bay Area down to LA in a month. I am officially **** about my new C230 and will not take this trip w/o a cover on my hood. So colgan is the way to go? I checked their site and it seems pretty reasonable. Anyone else reccommend this cover? Is seems more practical for 1 trip rather than buying that clear cover that sticks to your car ( forgot what its called). Glad to hear it worked for you. Was the side mirror covers worth it?
Old 06-11-2005, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by TwofourT
Here's where you can find it : http://www.colgancustom.com/ . I 've had one on my Maxima for 5 years and over 100k ( its about due for replacement )
of driving on New Jersey roads and its saved my front end and radiator more times than I can count.It's an outstanding investment.Do yourself a favor and let it lay out in the sun for a hour or two before you install it and it will go on alot easier.BTW - it will fit like a glove.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:24 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by Kojack
Was the side mirror covers worth it?
side mirror covers i'm not sure about. there were alot of dead bugs on them, but i'm not sure about rock chips and all. you can probably swing it w/o them.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:25 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Do yourself a favor and let it lay out in the sun for a hour or two before you install it and it will go on alot easier.BTW - it will fit like a glove.
that's what it said in the instructions and that's what i did. first time there's some pulling and tugging, but after it's been on the car for the first time, it definitely does fit like a glove
Old 06-11-2005, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Bra

WTF Colgan does not list the C43?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by StapleGun
WTF Colgan does not list the C43?
I called about this - since our cars were made in limited production and we have the AMG front dam it wasn't economically feasible for them to produce such a small quantity for our cars.I have flirted with the idea of trying a C230 bra to see if it will fit.It might be like Pam Anderson squeezing into a 34C bra.