C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Busted Windshield By Some Stupid A$$ Kids: Please read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Busted Windshield By Some Stupid A$$ Kids: Please read

Listen to this room, I was visiting some friends in my C230, Around 9:30 i pulled out and some joe dirt looking kids threw a rock dead conter in my windsheild and busted it, I was so P.O i looked for the little *******s lol all threw the neiborhood and couldnt find them. But my question to the forum is doe's insurance cover windsheilds? I mean i know they do but do i have to pay a 250.00 deductible for some stupid joke? Or do i just pay out of pocket?

Please post a reply, Im going to call in the morning about a price tomorow
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
yes they do

mark
Old 07-01-2005, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I don't think it is a stupid joke. If you were in the car when the rock was thrown you could have been seriously injured. You should call the police.

You should have no trouble getting your insurance company to pay for a genuine windshield, installed by a dealer or other competent shop. The amount you need to pay depends on your policy. You should speak to your agent to find out how much you need to pay.

It sucks to be a crime victim. I hope they can catch the ********'s and make them pay for the glass.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Because the act was intentional, you should file a police report. Call you insurance company to find out your comprehesive deductive. Mine is $250. It won't raise your insurance premium either. To pay out of pocket will probably be more than $250 especially if you have the rain sensor. Have it repaired either by the dealer or a shop who knows how to do it correctly. Also, you have to get the original MB decal which goes on the bottom right corner.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:57 AM

C230K
Damn, those punks should pay! Sorry to hear the bad news GusGusZ.

Moviela's right, if you were in the vehicle you would've been seriously injured. Be thankful, in the meantime, take No_Wur_E's advice and file a police report, find out what your insurance company can do for you.

Good Luck!

-Isla
Old 07-01-2005, 01:59 PM

2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Lol, I searched the whole neiborhood and couldnt find them. I did file a report and the cops were pretty upset because my 2 y.o niece was in the back seat. It was 88' here last night i had all windows down and the sunroof. They could have hurt one of us or killed my niece. The rock was as big as a jumbo jaw breaker , They hit right under the rain sensor. I called about the windsheild 325.00 plus 125.00 for install, But its a special order windshield it will take up to two weeks . So im going to have to be driving live a crackhood car lol with my windsheild cracked like Ace Ventura lol. When i find the little punks im going make there face look like my windsheild''lol''
Old 07-01-2005, 02:08 PM

C230K
WTF!!!! Your 2 year old neice was in the car!!!!
I sure hope she's ok! Some kids can be traumatized by sh!+ like that!

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2005, 02:39 PM

2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Insurance...

I'm really sorry to hear about that, but I'm very glad you and your niece weren't hurt.

Your insurance covers it with your comprehensive deductible.

Lots of companies allow you to buy glass coverage that drops or eliminates the deductible for glass, for the cost of our windshields I think it's a bargain. Check with your company or agent.

That reminded me of an incident years and years ago (around 1976?), and I guess this is an FYI. I was driving my first car -- 1965 GTO -- and had a friend with me, we were in a semi-residential area doing the 25 mph limit. A high-rise Ford 4x4 came by in the opposite direction, probably doing close to the same limit. From the back some drunk jackals threw water balloons at the windshield. You may know that water doesn't compress (think about it, that's a 50mph water balloon), and it blew out 1/3 of the windshield, raining squares and shards of wet glass (since it's wet it sticks to everything, too) all over the interior. My friend and I were mostly uninjured, I cut my hands from the wet bits of glass stuck to the steering wheel after I got back in the car. (We stopped and yelled at them, as though they'd stop.) I don't know if they were just having fun and didn't think it would shatter the windshield; all I know is that if I'd had a gun with me, I'd be out of prison by now. I had the car for another 10 years after that and every time I worked on the interior I'd find more glass.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy and blessed 4th of July Holiday.

Greg
Old 07-01-2005, 02:41 PM

GusGus...

Ouch that hurts, but luckily your OKAY....

I must say your nicer than I if your just going to find those *****s and make them look at it.

I suggest, find those *****s and ......................................... yeah, you got the point.

i rember seeing on the news once, some kids dropped a pumpkin off an over pass, it went through a windsheild and killed the driver of the car instantly, he never knew what hit him. (seattle apprx 1993)

when i was a kid i tossed a few snow ***** at cars, was all fun...... then one day, some older teenagers, tought my @ss a lesson... awe, the good ol days before sue happy parents!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:17 PM

2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Yeh yeh what can ya do, My wife said its a payback for all the stunts i did when i was young. I called MB today and there going to put a rush on the windsheild, With it being the holiday the order wont go in until Tue's and it should be at MB by Fri the latest.So for now its in the garage but im going to go looking tonight for the little vandalizers, And i got a paintball gun waiting for there AZZ lol. There probally little 12-14 y.o's i cant do much to them but i sure will scare the hell out of them. Anywayz i'll post a reply if i find them , And let you guys know the damages i done to them lol '' '' But have a safe holiday everyone and dont forget to watch where you park , look for flying rocks...lol

GusGus
Old 07-01-2005, 04:34 PM

Go ELMER!

go huntin for dem wabbits! Wish you the best of luck, and go out Clint Eastwood style... YA FELLIN LUCKY, WELL DO YA..... PUNK

Make sure ya say... AND THIS IS FOR ROCK THROWING, as they go running home to mommy.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:44 PM

C 230K Coupé
I'm down for the hunt, i too have a paintball gun, muahaha i do enjoy good revenge... even if it's not for me
Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Insurance Claim or Criminal Activity

Does an insurance company make a distinction between an "accident" or an "on purpose". These kids sounded like vandals- junior crimimals.

One of my insurance companies wanted to go through a much longer exercise to fix some damage that was deliberately caused (some gangbangers threw the birdbath I had sitting in the yard through my sunroof). The police had to file paperwork stating that they had done everything to find the gangbanger criminals, etc...
Old 07-03-2005, 11:07 AM

2004 C320 coupe
Florida law prohibits your insurance company from charging a deductable for windshield replacement - I've had several replaced due to rock damage on various vehicles over the years, and have never been charged. Normal deductable applies for all other glass.