C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Comand issue is finally solved...important read (summary for the lazy as well)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:56 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Comand issue is finally solved...important read (summary for the lazy as well)

Some of you know that I bought a Euro Comand from this so-called Ecko_One/"JON" recently claming he is friend with Tom_Incredibles. It turns out that this Comand unit was originally from LorinserCclass's car which the CD-rom appears to be dying or should I just say DEAD (it worked 1 out of 20 times after I installed it) and there is no such person as "JON" Here's the original thread https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/114723-fs-c-clk-euro-comand-navigation.html

Tom claims that this Comand belong to his friend, yet his so-called friend convienently went on vacation when I told him I would go pick-up the Comand in Irvine because that's where he claims he lives. This so-called friend "JON" tells me to go pick up the unit at Tom's house which is fine. So everything was fine until I installed it and tried to used the NAV and guess what!!! he/JON claim he doesn't have the NAV CD, yet I found a "burned" version of NAV CD inside the CD-rom. I immediately tried it and it didn't work, so the next day I got a 2001 Comand NAV cd which suppose to work and it doesn't. Finally, it read this one time after many tries.

I was suspicious of the situation at that point and decide to check the "PREV. DEST. VIA MEMORY" on the Comand Unit. Guess what it shows!!! TOM_INCREDIBLES' house address and a San Diego address which I later found out from a source (name I'll keep to myself) that it is where TOM goes to school. I called Tom right away and at first he even tries to avoid my calls and guess what? I have different numbers and he picked up sounding surprised. At this point, I pretty much know there is no "JON" but I didn't tell him as I think "two can play this game." BUT he is sure committed to act as if there is a JON and said he has to ask his friend to give me partial refund to fix the unit or full refund right away. I now have nothing to lose. If I can fix it then I'll let him slide, if i can't fix it then I'm gonna return it, and if i can't fix it and he don't refund my money, I was already prepared to take aggressive actions because I know where he lives. In the end I finally got it fixed.

To add on to this story, my source tells me Tom said he FORGOT to mention that the CD-rom might be broken when he was explaining to me how to install the Comand. YET, in our phone conversation when I revealed to him that I found the CD-rom not working he acted as if he didn't know.

Summary:
1. Tom_Incredibles makes up a name to sell his broken Comand
2. I bought it like an idiot
3. fix it or refund
4. found a way to fix the CD-rom
5. Tom avoided an angry man with a broken Comand

Just so everyone else know not to deal with this guy incase he tries to sell anything on this forum again here is his name & address

Thomas Goy
5526 N. Robinhood Ave
Temple City CA 91780

his past record also included selling Ronnie0738 a set of Carlsson coilover with missing parts and telling ppl that it is a gen 2 version instead of gen 1.

Last edited by FrankW; 08-22-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Thanks Frank......

Look out for mr. Tom_not so incredible after all
Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
he most likely won't care, but just want to rant. lol
Old 08-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Talking Person to avoid

Nicely done!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Tishers
Nicely done!
thx
Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 c320
yeah i bought my exhaust from him a while ago. it wasnt too bad of a deal considering he was in la and i was in san diego. he went out of his way to get it off his car and onto mine. i thought he was a pretty good guy. he was trying to sell that command to me at the same time.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
Ranting has always helped to releave some steam . Hope it worked for you...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The True OG Modded out W203
Originally Posted by dac086
yeah i bought my exhaust from him a while ago. it wasnt too bad of a deal considering he was in la and i was in san diego. he went out of his way to get it off his car and onto mine. i thought he was a pretty good guy. he was trying to sell that command to me at the same time.

Yup honestly when I dealt w/Tom he went WAY out of his way to help me out too. If he DID make up a name to sell his comand then I think it is wrong of course and I would consider him an *******. BUT before you go posting his address on a public forum(this does seem out of Tom's character) make sure you really tried to iron out the problems. Tom does have friends w/C Classes so it is probable that his addy SHOULD be there. I know you are angry right now but I cannot imagine of Tom being 'that' kind of person and also he does not go to SD for school, he is/was going to Pasadena so I am sure their is definitely a misunderstanding. How much did he charge you? Let me know how things go actually I am now curious.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:52 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
Yup honestly when I dealt w/Tom he went WAY out of his way to help me out too. If he DID make up a name to sell his comand then I think it is wrong of course and I would consider him an *******. BUT before you go posting his address on a public forum(this does seem out of Tom's character) make sure you really tried to iron out the problems. Tom does have friends w/C Classes so it is probable that his addy SHOULD be there. I know you are angry right now but I cannot imagine of Tom being 'that' kind of person and also he does not go to SD for school, he is/was going to Pasadena so I am sure their is definitely a misunderstanding. How much did he charge you? Let me know how things go actually I am now curious.
Last Destination shows up according to the last input that was recorded in order.

it showed:

Tom's house
Tom's house
location in San Diego
location in San Diego
Tom's house
some city called Santee

PLUS Tom's address is saved in there as the HOME address. I'm pretty sure if anyone used/bought the NAV after Tom they would've changed the HOME address and go somewhere besides TOM's house.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by FrankW
Last Destination shows up according to the last input that was recorded in order.

it showed:

Tom's house
Tom's house
location in San Diego
location in San Diego
Tom's house
some city called Santee
SANTEE is north-east of San Diego, approx 20 miles N-NE of downtown San Diego.

It just about a straight shot EAST from where I live in MIRAMAR.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com