C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Which one should I keep?
Stick with the clear sidemarkers...
49.50%
Smoked...
36.63%
Stick with the original ambers.
13.86%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 04-12-2002, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Acura
Bulb type with lenses?

Great to know that the clear lenses fit--thanks to those who do the research. Does anyone know the answer to the question about the "look silver-flash amber" bulbs? If so--what size are they? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Mine are on the way! Not to find those tricked out platinum bulbs that light up amber.
Old 04-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
OK, this will get you rocket racers laughing at me... Is it possible to dye the factory bulbs amber? Does anyone sell an kit you can buy to make your own amber bulbs from clears?

What I'm thinking of (and this is the RR part) is dying the rear half of the bulb amber and leaving the front half clear (looking down at the bulb from above).

I don't know why cars this expensive don't have white cornering lamps. My thought is that the rear half of the clear assembly will glow amber (as required) while the front half could be made to glow white, maybe providing some light for turning.

Be gentle with me guys... It's been years since I felt the urge to do stuff this crazy.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by MB-BOB
OK, this will get you rocket racers laughing at me... Is it possible to dye the factory bulbs amber? Does anyone sell an kit you can buy to make your own amber bulbs from clears?

What I'm thinking of (and this is the RR part) is dying the rear half of the bulb amber and leaving the front half clear (looking down at the bulb from above).

I don't know why cars this expensive don't have white cornering lamps. My thought is that the rear half of the clear assembly will glow amber (as required) while the front half could be made to glow white, maybe providing some light for turning.

Be gentle with me guys... It's been years since I felt the urge to do stuff this crazy.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA You wanna do what? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You need a J.C. Whitney catalog. They used to carry light bulb tints. In lieu of that, may I suggest a pair of J.C.'s premium chromed farm implement lamps bolted to each fender.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I thought you two old codgers were supposed to stick together, you know, like the geezers in the balcony of "The Muppet Show"?

I just hope that the forum is now not as boring to MB-BOB as it used to be.

BTW: my shifter boot is going under the knife on Tuesday. CST has decided to accept my silliness, and more smurfs will have to be skinned for my interior. Then Renntech spoiler on Friday will complete my "all show and no go" mods for the immediate future.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

this is not exactly dying but i think it could maybe answer your question. i had a golf cart with headlights so of course i wanted xenons for it but they had none out for it so what i did was take the bulbs out and bought blue permanent marker and colored the whole bulb i put it back in and let it dry 24 hours then the next day i put it on and it looked like it was a xenon bulb well the best it could look on a golf cart but since i liked that idea so much inside my coupe i took out the bulbs inside the car u know the lights that go on inside when u open the door at night well anyway i took them out and only put a cupple blue lines on it so now when the lights go on inside it had a bluish tint. it actually looks good. well that my opinon. so what u can do if u want is buy orange or amber permanent marker and color the whole bulb and put it in a let it dry for 24 hours or dont drive at night. and then it will show up amber threw the clear lens. i ordered the clear lenses for my coupe and when they get here i might try coloring the bulbs amber and if it does not work u can always buy new ones but it will work. i am probally going to give that a try or just leave the clear bulbs in there so it can match the xenon lights better. but now that i think of it i will try coloring them. well this is just someting i thought of i know it is a kinda ghetto way of doin it but it works good. u migth wanna test out the amber permanent marker in a flash light bulb and then put it in the fash light so u see the color. good luck
Old 04-12-2002, 07:19 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
I just ordered mine pair from the web site. Even I don't have my car back from the shop yet...
Old 04-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by Lynn
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA You wanna do what? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Well, I expected the RAZZ, but not from my hometown buddy!

(leaving now to surf for a J.C. Whitney website...)
Old 04-12-2002, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by tommy
I thought you two old codgers were supposed to stick together, you know, like the geezers in the balcony of "The Muppet Show"?
Old 04-12-2002, 11:24 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i hated those two old muppets
Old 04-13-2002, 12:55 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C320
sedan

so do these clear corner lenses fit the sedans as well?
Old 04-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by greg230
i hated those two old muppets
Hey greg230, you talking about these two old muppets?

Looks like Statler and Waldorf have some new jobs helping out Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones...

Hey, Lynn, which one do you wanna be? (Statler is on the right.)
Old 04-14-2002, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
ROFL!!!
Old 04-14-2002, 03:01 PM

C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
Dont buy pre painted lenses from Evosport...

Its been more than month since I ordered my pre painted side lenses from evosport, and I have emailed about 20 times getting different responses, and I havent got my damn lenses yet.

In my oppinion, look for another options...
Old 04-14-2002, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think I'll be Statler.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:54 AM

C32 AMG

This is probably what you are looking for. Check out the DIADEM Designer Bulbs. "Shimmering surface but burns amber". The add is on the left side column. Theses are bulbs for turn signals.

http://www.autowerksexpress.com/

B
Old 04-15-2002, 07:59 PM

1995 Acura
This is probably a dumb question, but.....

What size are these bulbs? The folks at the website where you can order the lenses say it's a "194/168" size. Is that what these irridescent bulbs mentioned above are? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
this sucks

This sucks i ordered my clear lenses last week from that site and they said they were being shipped out on thursday and i called today and they said there on back order so it wont be in for at least a week and then it takes a while to ship out. i wanted them this week to i did not want to wait but i guess its beacuse all of u guys who ordered them to thats holdling it up. lol
Old 04-16-2002, 01:09 AM

C Class Coupe 02'
Question Lights on side mirros

Anybody know how i can change the lights on the side mirror so they are white as well? thanks for the info about the clear panel lights, guess the place is getting lots of business from all of you.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Re: Lights on side mirros

Originally posted by JKDBENZ
Anybody know how i can change the lights on the side mirror so they are white as well? thanks for the info about the clear panel lights, guess the place is getting lots of business from all of you.
Although I wouldn't advocate doing this, I believe JoReL replaced his amber turn repeaters with white bulbs. You might write a Personal Message to JoReL. I'm not wild about seeing the procedure outlined here.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:00 PM

C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
I want to see it too...

If you find any info, please post it..
Old 04-16-2002, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Re: Re: Lights on side mirros

Although I wouldn't advocate doing this, I believe JoReL replaced his amber turn repeaters with white bulbs. You might write a Personal Message to JoReL. I'm not wild about seeing the procedure outlined here.
Awwww...you hurted my feelings MB-BOB...I never replaced my side mirror bulbs. It's too hard to do. Its not only bulbs your replacing, its the whole LED lens. Thats also hard to find and hard to remove. Well good luck with the lights JKD. You'll need it.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
I called Autodynamics this morning... They said they were out of stock (first shipment sold out instantly), but they were expecting another shipment today of 200 sets. I asked if I ordered today, would my order be filled with this shipment, and they said yes. Of course, I don't know whether to believe them, but I'll order them today and wait patiently.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I called Autodynamics this morning... They said they were out of stock (first shipment sold out instantly), but they were expecting another shipment today of 200 sets. I asked if I ordered today, would my order be filled with this shipment, and they said yes. Of course, I don't know whether to believe them, but I'll order them today and wait patiently.
i called 3 times today and they said there still out of stock and it might be weeks till they get them in. so i dont know what to believe now.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:15 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C320
w 203 sedan

do these still fit the sedans? sorry i might have missed the answer..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sidemarkers