C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Thank you MB for a car that can turn!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Thumbs up Thank you MB for a car that can turn!

So I'm on my way to drop something off at a friends house before school today and some guy tried to go through me in an intersection (4 way stop). I honked and the guy started chasing me!!! I was like wtf, you got to be kidding me! So now I dont know what this guy is going to do as he is flying towards my car so I nail it and keep on the gas through a sweeping turn. I go through the turn so fast that the guy isnt in sight. Then I come up an about 5 cars at a stop sign so I slow down. This guy comes flying up and moves along side of me. I slam on the brakes and the guy flies past me. I get behind him and make a left and gun it. Went through a few s turns and I'm safe. The guy was in a van, now while that really shouldnt be a contest even to the C230, you cant get up any speed in this area so your only option is to speed through the turns. Some people are crazy. After the adreniline wore off I was amazed, that was some good driving right there. Double clutching, heel-toe action, threshold breaking, and all on slightly damp roads, ESP light flashing the entire time. I really want to get on a track now, just to see how good a stock C230 will do.

Last edited by Capt Nemo o2; 11-29-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
u better change ur license plate before that guy found out where u live and rape u.... u should do a donut spinning to a van so he can roll over....
Old 11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
u better change ur license plate before that guy found out where u live and rape u.... u should do a donut spinning to a van so he can roll over....

nice kill.!!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
dude, shut up. not funny at all.

Nemo, that's ****ing crazy man, there are a ****load of crazies out there... Glad that you got away safely.

Check this out, https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/127905-attacked-assaulted-injured-my-cls55-trashed.html

This happened to a fellow member out here in LA. It's a good thing you got away.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off, thats just stupid. Second, I sleep with a Mosberg 12 ga. and a DoubleStar AR-15 and about 1000 rounds all at the foot of my bed. I am also on the top floor and my parents room is next to mine with an always loaded PPKS and Barretta 22 and and AR-7. If the guy gets in, he aint getting out!

nlpamg... I saw that, I actually just read that last night. Thats f'ing nuts, thats probably a big part of why I didnt stick around!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
dude, shut up. not funny at all.

Nemo, that's ****ing crazy man, there are a ****load of crazies out there... Glad that you got away safely.

Check this out, https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127905

This happened to a fellow member out here in LA. It's a good thing you got away.
OMG, Phil. That's nuts. I couldn't figure out where this happened in all the posts, but the guy is located in Encino, so if this happened in that part of the valley...I'm always around that area.

- Sorry to stray off topic, Nemo

Yeah, the cornering on this car is not bad at all...now imagine what it could do with an upgraded suspension!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by drexappeal
OMG, Phil. That's nuts. I couldn't figure out where this happened in all the posts, but the guy is located in Encino, so if this happened in that part of the valley...I'm always around that area.
yeah, I'm pretty sure it happened on Ventura by Jerry's. My dad's old office was in the building right across from Jerry's so it's really crazy.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
yeah, I'm pretty sure it happened on Ventura by Jerry's. My dad's old office was in the building right across from Jerry's so it's really crazy.
Are you kidding me? I drive by that place all the time. Good thing I hate going places on Black Friday cuz people are all out shopping! This happened on Black Friday, right? His thread says 11/25, but not sure if that's when it actually happened.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
yeah something happened to me with this guy and his saturn L200, I was under the BQE (park ave) in brooklyn, he kept trying to "pass" me but in his case, theres no such word lolsss

but w/e like frank said, thankgod ur safe lol
Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 PM

2005 White C230 SS

Some how I don't find this reply worths any point....
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
i heard my cousin said there was a time her friend was driving a car and he doesn't let a guy cut lane in front of him, so then that driver get **** and keep following him, the stupid thing is he drive back home with that **** driver followed.... both of them get out of the car and the **** driver stab him in the back.... iono if it is true or not... but still anything could happened in America.....

my friend with the Celica has been follow by some crazy driver too, he call the cop and when the cop is around that driver leaves my friend alone...

Last edited by KIRA; 11-29-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
i heard my cousin said there was a time her friend was driving a car and he doesn't let a guy cut lane in front of him, so then that driver get **** and keep following him, the stupid thing is he drive back home with that **** driver followed.... both of them get out of the car and the **** driver stab him in the back.... iono if it is true or not... but still anything could happened in America.....

my friend with the Celica has been follow by some crazy driver too, he call the cop and when the cop is around that driver leaves my friend alone...

Yeah, I got followed before, just drive around in circles, they'll get the point
Old 11-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
i got chased once... someone cut me off, therefore automatically my car was tailing his... he got pissed off, started cussin me out when he got side by side with my at a red light... so i started driving fast and liek weaving... he was on my butt like there was no tomorrow... no exaggeration, he was so close i couldnt see his head lights through the rear view mirror and we were going 60... and like a dummy, i would tap my brakes... then he chases me all the way to school, where just before i take a last second turn, in an attempt to ditch him, but he follows, almost causing an accident... then on the the 2 lane road, he gets on the other side, and starts flickin me off, etc, etc... i just wished he followed me a bit more, so the school resource officer (who happens to love me ), could of done something... but the guy just turned left when i turned right... that was scary... i drove a rav4 back then...

i wonder what would have happened if i drove the benz at the time...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i heard my cousin said there was a time her friend was driving a car and he doesn't let a guy cut lane in from of him, so then that driver get **** and follow him, the stupid thing is he drive back home with that **** driver followed.... both of them get out of the car and the **** driver stab him in the back.... iono if it is true or not... but still anything could happened in America.....

Now that at least isnt as stupid as the first post, that is highly possible. However I know never to lead a person chasing me anywhere near my home. Best bet is to go to a place in public, gas stations seem the best because there are cameras watching the cars, and plenty of people for witnesses.

If this happened on the parkway, he wouldnt stand a chance, he cant weave the traffic as well and he will never be able to take the off ramps at any speed close to mine. This happened in Hewlett Harbor, and luckily I know enough about the area to get away, I knew where there are turns he couldnt take quickly, and where there are stop signs and what not.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I) Where it all started!

II) Slam on the brakes and he flies past me. I sneak behind him and make the left. He hurries to catch up.

III) One of the nicest houses in the harbor. My personal favorite.

IV) At that point I knew he couldnt catch up and than went back about my business.

At II, I was supposed to go straight, no left turn during that time of day. But continuing past IV is a shortcut that bypasses all the traffic so it worked well (Thats the return trip home!).

Looks alot more curvey when you are actually driving it!

PS: at the open end of that canal is the home of the founder of snapple! Macy's Channel. Lots of expensive homes in that area, but not as much as the North Shore.

PSS:
File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 1.14 MB. Your file is 1.15 MB.
C'mon! You guys couldnt let that slide!!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
New Bitmap Image (4).bmp (977.8 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by Capt Nemo o2; 11-29-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Something similar happend to my friends Focus, except the adrenaline rush he got was ending up on the side of a freeway ditch stopped by a thick emergency telephone pole=\
Old 11-29-2005, 10:40 PM

C 230K Coupé
Samething kinda happend to me. I was driving in the West L.A. area and i pulled up to a stop sign. I had a of things on my mind and didn't really notice a lexus gs on the side (he was also very close to the curb, looked like he was parked). Anyways the point is that he was there first and I didn't notice. I went first anyways, next thing i know he starts honking (he's still at the stop sign, not like we almost got in an accident or anything). And i like raise my hand n try to apologize. Next thing i know the crazy *** drives by me on the side (there's only 1 lane), drives through a stop sign, and cuts of my car so i can't go. Now i don't know wtf he's about to do so i start backing up but there are cars behind me. Some skinny persian guy jumps out of the car and starts screaming and yelling. I try to apologize again but he just isn't listening. So i end up just rolling up the windows and closing the doors and letting him just stand there and yell. Eventually i get an opening and i just drive away. Honestly a lot of crazy people out there . I would've understood his reaction if i hit him and then tried to drive away, but simply getting a reaction like that for going first at a stop sign is just moronic.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Samething kinda happend to me. I was driving in the West L.A. area and i pulled up to a stop sign. I had a of things on my mind and didn't really notice a lexus gs on the side (he was also very close to the curb, looked like he was parked). Anyways the point is that he was there first and I didn't notice. I went first anyways, next thing i know he starts honking (he's still at the stop sign, not like we almost got in an accident or anything). And i like raise my hand n try to apologize. Next thing i know the crazy *** drives by me on the side (there's only 1 lane), drives through a stop sign, and cuts of my car so i can't go. Now i don't know wtf he's about to do so i start backing up but there are cars behind me. Some skinny persian guy jumps out of the car and starts screaming and yelling. I try to apologize again but he just isn't listening. So i end up just rolling up the windows and closing the doors and letting him just stand there and yell. Eventually i get an opening and i just drive away. Honestly a lot of crazy people out there . I would've understood his reaction if i hit him and then tried to drive away, but simply getting a reaction like that for going first at a stop sign is just moronic.

some people are crazy =T atleast you rolled up a window, and we got some good sound proofing, maybe we can start a new thread, "Thank you MB for a car thats sound proof"
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
it is difficult to heel-toe on the benz.....the gas and the brake are pretty far apart compared to a japanese car.

anyway, yeah watch out for those crazy drivers!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by white_w203
it is difficult to heel-toe on the benz.....the gas and the brake are pretty far apart compared to a japanese car.

hahah true... my maximas gas brake clutch was like.... compacted... clutchbrakegas
Old 11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by white_w203

I got big feet! I wear size 11 Etnies, which have a 12" x 4.5" foot print. So If I hold my foot at about a 30 degree angle with the toe on the brake and heel on the gas I can heel-toe it, but only with my Etnies, my driving shoes are too small, and my sketcher boots (12.5" x 5") are just way to big to even try! With the boots, I can almost hit all three pedals with one foot!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Capt Nemo o2
I got big feet! I wear size 11 Etnies, which have a 12" x 4.5" foot print. So If I hold my foot at about a 30 degree angle with the toe on the brake and heel on the gas I can heel-toe it, but only with my Etnies, my driving shoes are too small, and my sketcher boots (12.5" x 5") are just way to big to even try! With the boots, I can almost hit all three pedals with one foot!!!
haha, think size 11 is big? I wear a 14! you know what they say about big feet... big socks!

I can easily heel-toe it, but I tend to just drive on my toes and if it's a long drive drive barefoot.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Re3v1s for your sake I would put a baseball bat in the trunk or in the back seat. I always have something in my car that would allow me to defend against these crazy mothers..
Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 AM

C 230K Coupé
Yah i keep a lil pocket knife in my car now, just incase things get out hand. When this happend though it wasn't my car, was my dad's. Definitelly a bunch of maniacs out on the road...
I wear a size 8-9, and it took me a lot of time and practice but i've finally got the hang of it. It's a very awkward position but once you adjust to it it's pretty easy. The gas pedal is very sensitive so matching revs on the downshift isn't too difficult. Definitelly a lot of fun once you get it down.