C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C200K ECU + Pulley mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY04 C200K 5AT
C200K ECU + Pulley mods

Am new to this forum but just thought that I'd share my recent modding experience with you all. Just got the following installed onto my '04 C200K (M271), in various steps:

Step 1:
- MKB stage 1 ECU reprogramming.
- Claimed 28bhp increase. 20Nm torque increase. (resulting in 191bhp & 260Nm).

Step 2:
- AMG C32 front brake kit (calipers, discs, pads, sensor)

Step 3:
- Larger crank pulley
- Reduced water pump pulley (to clear larger crank pulley)
- New belt
- Fuel pressure regulator (up from stock 4bar to 5bar when manifold pressure drops).
- K&N replacement filter in stock housing.
- Claimed 25bhp increase, 40Nm increase (resulting in 216bhp & 300Nm).

Initial thoughts (based on my butt dyno, real dyno to be done in a couple weeks time when I get the time).

Step 1:
- Throttle response improved greatly at low RPM. Shows a lot less of the hesitancy for the engine to rev from idle to 2,000rpm. This was a big gripe I had with the car that was finally banished!
- Most of the additional power is developed between 3,000-5,500rpm... this spot feels a lot sweeter. And you can feel the car pulling noticeably harder than stock.

Step 2:
- Just decent stopping power. Installed with Step 3 in mind.

Step 3:
- What can I say? Major improvements throughout the rev range - just more power at every rev point. Power comes on much much earlier. Throttle response much livelier than before.
- I've never really been able to provoke the traction light to come on in bone dry roads, but after this mod, you can easily break traction when powering through corners.
- Fuel consumption has gone down the toilet though - but then, there's no such thing as free power.

I can't wait to get the car onto a dyno to see exactly what power I've got now. Overall, I am happy with the power gains. However, I did see a particularly tasty high-flow intercooler at the workshop just before I left.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by jrustrick
Am new to this forum but just thought that I'd share my recent modding experience with you all. Just got the following installed onto my '04 C200K (M271), in various steps:

Step 1:
- MKB stage 1 ECU reprogramming.
- Claimed 28bhp increase. 20Nm torque increase. (resulting in 191bhp & 260Nm).

Step 2:
- AMG C32 front brake kit (calipers, discs, pads, sensor)

Step 3:
- Larger crank pulley
- Reduced water pump pulley (to clear larger crank pulley)
- New belt
- Fuel pressure regulator (up from stock 4bar to 5bar when manifold pressure drops).
- K&N replacement filter in stock housing.
- Claimed 25bhp increase, 40Nm increase (resulting in 216bhp & 300Nm).

Initial thoughts (based on my butt dyno, real dyno to be done in a couple weeks time when I get the time).

Step 1:
- Throttle response improved greatly at low RPM. Shows a lot less of the hesitancy for the engine to rev from idle to 2,000rpm. This was a big gripe I had with the car that was finally banished!
- Most of the additional power is developed between 3,000-5,500rpm... this spot feels a lot sweeter. And you can feel the car pulling noticeably harder than stock.

Step 2:
- Just decent stopping power. Installed with Step 3 in mind.

Step 3:
- What can I say? Major improvements throughout the rev range - just more power at every rev point. Power comes on much much earlier. Throttle response much livelier than before.
- I've never really been able to provoke the traction light to come on in bone dry roads, but after this mod, you can easily break traction when powering through corners.
- Fuel consumption has gone down the toilet though - but then, there's no such thing as free power.

I can't wait to get the car onto a dyno to see exactly what power I've got now. Overall, I am happy with the power gains. However, I did see a particularly tasty high-flow intercooler at the workshop just before I left.

Interesting! Post that dyno!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 AM

Woow, Please post your dyno result.
Am also thinking of these Mod.....Klemann, but am waiting for the warranty period to wear off before I start meddling with it. Mine is a standard C200K Sports edition

Any reliability problem with day to day driving ( hate to send car in for repairs). Maybe u want to take a look at the Klemann header.....

Happy Chinese New Year
Old 01-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by 168
Woow, Please post your dyno result.
Am also thinking of these Mod.....Klemann, but am waiting for the warranty period to wear off before I start meddling with it. Mine is a standard C200K Sports edition

Any reliability problem with day to day driving ( hate to send car in for repairs). Maybe u want to take a look at the Klemann header.....

Happy Chinese New Year
I've just had it for 3 days now. Took a long drive on open roads. After 350km of highway drive, the following are what I observed:
- 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration has significantly improved.
- engine note harder edged. Not as quiet and refined as a merc should be.
- acceleration from 100-200km/h significantly improved.
- pulls to an indicated 240km/h and still feels like there's urge but sadly there wasn't enough road.

Fuel consumption took a big hit. At least 2L/100km more on average, and worse if you're driving WOT all the time. But I guess this is the price for performance.

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you also.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:58 AM

C230 WZ - Six Speed
Thanks for the awesome post! Can you show some pics?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:55 AM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
I've just had it for 3 days now. Took a long drive on open roads. After 350km of highway drive, the following are what I observed:
- 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration has significantly improved.
- engine note harder edged. Not as quiet and refined as a merc should be.
- acceleration from 100-200km/h significantly improved.
- pulls to an indicated 240km/h and still feels like there's urge but sadly there wasn't enough road.

Fuel consumption took a big hit. At least 2L/100km more on average, and worse if you're driving WOT all the time. But I guess this is the price for performance.

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you also.
where did u hit 240kmh? malaysia i hope
Old 01-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Almost a Member!

MY04 C200K 5AT
Originally Posted by gianfranc
where did u hit 240kmh? malaysia i hope

*wink wink* let's just say that it was an open road with no other cars in sight...

On a separate note, does anyone know what the variance between speedo and actual speed is? From experience with past cars, I tend to find that speedo's over-read quite a fair bit at the more extreme end of performance. Will need to dig up that handheld GPS to really get a good guage of how quickly I am travelling...
Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 AM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
*wink wink* let's just say that it was an open road with no other cars in sight...
:v :v

if you don't mind, could you pm me the location and time you did this? i wouldnt mind trying out my max speed as well.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180K
Originally Posted by gianfranc
:v :v

if you don't mind, could you pm me the location and time you did this? i wouldnt mind trying out my max speed as well.
Me too...please pm me... Need a place to "exercise" my wheels... Have never gone beyond 100km/h since I got my ticket a few months back :p
Old 09-16-2011, 11:43 AM

C200K W204
Sorry for re-living an old thread! BUT MALAYSIA C200K UNITE! LOL!