C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MBenzNL march/april california trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
SwedeMercedes, I sent you a PM several hours ago. Read your PMs, carefully.

UH OH
Old 03-20-2006, 12:15 AM

2006 MB C230, Black on Black
Thanks MB-BOB....

We all know this for sure, every dog knows its name.

Thanks MB-BOB.

Swede
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by SwedeMercedes
We all know this for sure, every dog knows its name.

Thanks MB-BOB.

Swede
I was hoping for something consiliatory, but since that is not forthcoming, and you seek to insult me as well, you are suspended for two weeks.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I was kind of bored and did some cursory research on my Tax Analysts' OneDisc Software regarding whether or not Steve should pay tax. look at sections 871 and 881 in the code and tell me if his business exactly "qualifies" as taxable income. (disclaimer, this is not meant as legal advice nor am I taking representation, this is merely conjectural and one should seek competent counsel for advice.) but, in my view, he doesn't really need to pay taxes at all b/c his services aren't a fixed source of income (although you could argue that it is).

and besides, even if he does have to pay taxes, I pay enough taxes as it is, that I don't mind getting discounts on quality items. there are plenty of large tax cheats/evaders in the US for you to be more concerned about rather than Steve who is making an honest living.
OK, I've used Steve too, and even put in my blue colored trim this weekend (looks great, btw! ) - he and Wanda are great to deal with. But, as far as the taxes, him coming here to the US and working here on customers' cars does give him US nexus, and he "should" pay US taxes on it; he'd then get a foreign tax credit in his homeland. Technically, this doesn't make what he does an "honest living" if he doesn't pay US tax on it. Does it keep me up at nights? Not really. He also hasn't said what he does either way, so there's no real reason to jump the gun, either.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
good work Bob.. ...and NONE TOO SOON.....arrgghhh....its very easy for a guy like that to ruin it for everyone.

I wish there was a guy like Steve around to help me with Lexus!!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
PS: Infamous Steve still will NOT answer if he pays our taxes they way you do. Why won't he....simply because he does NOT pay any taxes on his wares or labor. He lets you do it for him.
eventhough I do not owe you any explanation - I DO pay tax in the US (california incase you want to sort it out before or after you trash me some more) as that makes selling parts to MB dealers in the US easier and I pay EVEN MORE tax in the netherlands - I can only WISH for a US-like tax system!!!...Since I know that the netherlands will NEVER EVER get a tax system like the US has, (NL) business will most probably be stopped soon.

what a waste

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 03-21-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
eventhough I do not owe you any explanation - I DO pay tax in the US (california incase you want to sort it out before or after you trash me some more) as that makes selling parts to MB dealers in the US easier and I pay EVEN MORE tax in the netherlands - I can only WISH for a US-like tax system!!!...Since I know that the netherlands will NEVER EVER get a tax system like the US has, (NL) business will most probably be stopped soon.

what a waste

greetingz,
Steve, if that's the case, then your prices are a steal for us!

Man, I always thought your prices were very reasonable and I'm not surprised of the outcome that happened with that member, but keep doing what you're doing. And I've also gained a bigger appreciation for what you do with the information you shared above (even though I didn't feel you needed to prove anything because of how much you've provided with your services).

If it weren't for you,Wanda and the rest of the crew, I don't think I would ever have the great OEM stuff I already have (as well as the ones I plan to purchase from you in the future).

Glad that person didn't keep you from posting on here.

BTW...If you ever get Euro-Impact strips readily available in my color (you know the one), please pm me (as you usually do with 904 color coded stuff).

Last edited by drexappeal; 03-21-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
It's unfortunate that people have even given this guy the attention he was so desparately seeking with all of his childish claims about Steve. It's obvious his arguments have no merit whatsoever and he is simply another character looking for attention. Until the mods smartened up and suspended him, he was having the time of his life. We would all be better off ignoring such characters, as they are likely to go away when they realize nobody is listening.

MB-Bob, I think a full ban on this user would be much more beneficial to all, including him.

Drex, check your email.

Last edited by Blake P; 03-21-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
ditto.
btw, what's the difference from ban and full ban?

Originally Posted by Blake P
It's unfortunate that people have even given this guy the attention he was so desparately seeking with all of his childish claims about Steve. It's obvious his arguments have no merit whatsoever and he is simply another character looking for attention. Until the mods smartened up and suspended him, he was having the time of his life. We would all be better off ignoring such characters, as they are likely to go away when they realize nobody is listening.

MB-Bob, I think a full ban on this user would be much more beneficial to all, including him.

Drex, check your email.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by mj50
ditto.
btw, what's the difference from ban and full ban?
MB-Bob slapped him on the wrist with a two week suspension, rather than banning him completely.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
SwedeMercedes
Banned

Vehicle I drive: 2006 MB C230, Black on Black

The point has been made....
Just look at the hassle "14cue" is having now with his BI-X lights. Lets see how Steve handles this issue? The entire labor and both lights should be repalced.
As for everything else, I am not going to bring it up any more as life has more to it than that.

14cue

Vehicle I drive: '05 Metalic Blk C230SSK

I talked to Steve, MB wont do anything about it, i would just be wasting more of my time. Steve has been so helpful thoughout this ordeal and to no ones surprise he is still helping me out!!! He said he will send me a replacement light first then i would swap it out and send him back the defected light. i need to figure out the install then i will go ahead and do what i have to do to get this fixed. it'll be a process and possibily more headache but i NEED this done.

Moviela,

i'll try that, thanks for the advice. i wish i was as calm and collected as you are. :P

Yes ..The Point has been Made....Steve Replaced The Light in Question...
Old 03-21-2006, 07:17 PM

04 C230K-ss
um ok im going to bring this back on topic- steve, Im interested in the navi unit for my 2004 w203 however do I need a new cd magazine since the units you sell are the D2B unit? I would like to know what other parts i must order for the navi. unit along with the unit itself- thanks and hope to hear from you soon
Old 03-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by TheBossman
um ok im going to bring this back on topic- steve, Im interested in the navi unit for my 2004 w203 however do I need a new cd magazine since the units you sell are the D2B unit? I would like to know what other parts i must order for the navi. unit along with the unit itself- thanks and hope to hear from you soon
What does the CD magazine have to do with D2B? Did you ask the bosslady? (j/k)
Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 PM

04 C230K-ss
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
What does the CD magazine have to do with D2B? Did you ask the bosslady? (j/k)
um...please keep pointless posts to a minumum. Im asking a question- maybe I should ask your bosslady instead? Dude it said there was a CD magazine for the D2B navi units so I wanted to know if that meant I had to get the magazine for the D2B as well- please stay out of responding unless you can actually be helpful
Old 03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
um...please keep pointless posts to a minumum. Im asking a question- maybe I should ask your bosslady instead? Dude it said there was a CD magazine for the D2B navi units so I wanted to know if that meant I had to get the magazine for the D2B as well- please stay out of responding unless you can actually be helpful
Then please educate us; prefer a pic of the nav unit cd cartridge/magazine that you are talking about and/or a thread link where that is mentioned. Otherwise STFF or consult your memory, aka bosslady.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Wasn't this question answered HERE?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:44 PM

04 C230K-ss
Then please educate us; prefer a pic of the nav unit cd cartridge/magazine that you are talking about and/or a thread link where that is mentioned. Otherwise STFF or consult your memory, aka bosslady.
Ok your talking to a fellow member this way and your a super moderator?.. Like I mentioned before, I was going off the very list that Steve posted on this thread- here it is for reference, no pics sry boss but Im asking a ******* question off what I am reading. Now go back to being a neutral and helpful member and especially if you represent this forum by being a supermoderator.

Originally Posted by MBenzNL
For the W203 we offer the following specials:
- refurbished eurospec D2B comand (for the 203s up to 2005): 1400USD incl 3 months warranty (normally 1600USD)
- new 2003 US spec D2B comand (for the 203s up to 2005): 1800USD incl 12 month warranty (normally 2000USD)
- new 2004 US spec D2B SAT-compatible comand (for the 203s up to 2005): 2000USD incl. 12 months warranty (normally 2200USD)

Furthermore we still offer the usual modifications (mail us for pricing):
- new D2B based CD changers for the 203s up to 2005
Old 03-21-2006, 07:47 PM

04 C230K-ss
Originally Posted by johncl
Wasn't this question answered HERE?
ok so it was partially. But im curious as to why it is a D2B cd magazine...I dont know if its something special or something that does need to be ugraded when going to a navi unit. You know there are so many threads on here and so many posts/ etc. that its hard to remember it all. thanks for STFF for me and reminding me of a minor reply you gave me
Old 03-21-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok your talking to a fellow member this way and your a super moderator?.. Like I mentioned before, I was going off the very list that Steve posted on this thread- here it is for reference, no pics sry boss but Im asking a ******* question off what I am reading. Now go back to being a neutral and helpful member and especially if you represent this forum by being a supermoderator.
I see where you are coming from now. All of the components in your car are D2B based. This includes the COMAND, CD Changer, phone, etc. If you want to have a changer with COMAND you will need a D2B changer like Steve sells. I also still have mine for sale with 3 magazines. HTH.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
1) Have another Starbuck's
2) Being a mod doesn't prevent me from posting as a member
3) Your post reference clearly identify's the word changer and how you got nav unit out of that escapes me
Old 03-21-2006, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you have a factory installed CD changer there is nothing that you need to upgrade. If you have a totally aftermarket system now you will need to replace the changer. I think you are confusing the issue with the magazine. The changer itself is D2B, the magazine is nothing special.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:03 PM

this is utterly confusing for no reason... i think common sense was lost somewhere in the technicalities. if you just look at the command, you see that it has a single slot for a disc, not a magazine. if you have a cd changer, then it has a magazine. it doesn't matter if it's d2b or most.

Last edited by potatobbq; 03-21-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Furthermore we still offer the usual modifications (mail us for pricing):
- new D2B based CD changers for the 203s up to 2005

it's for those who did not have factory CD changer installed.
bossman, you just need COMAND from Steve and all you need to do is get navi disc. that's it~
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Almost a Member!

for his BI-X lights. So I just stayed with the Xenon bulbs (2nd set as the first ones had a crooked end cap) and even the Mercedes service manager asked me if I got an HID kit! You can figure the rest out.
Steve's BI-X and other mods are way too high priced. He also slams people for doing their own stuff so he can keep his game of high dollars coming in. I am a capitalist at heart but I do NOT have to lower myself and step on other people to make my coin.

So all of you keep buying from Steve, he needs to make his boat payments! HahHah.
Somebody must have definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed geez....lets see when steve did the install on my car he had two people and they were working on the car for at elast 5 hours. So lets see average rate of service for 1 hr of labor at the stealership is $100 then that is 10 hours of labor combined and $1000 for the two of them, then lets factor in all of the parts parktronic sensors (i think steve said $70-80 a piece) X 10 = 800.

1800 for install and just sensors that doesn't include the updated dash speaker module, rear light assembly, front dash buttons and wiring assembly and misc other stuff all for a total price of 2400 (something like that).

Now i want to see you go down to the stealership and get the parktronic installed for that price, good luck on convincing your dealership to do install it. most places won't even touch that kind of installation.

So get your facts straight first before you start blasing people about something you didn't do your research on.

Rock on Steve
Old 03-21-2006, 08:46 PM

04 C230K-ss
1) Have another Starbuck's
2) Being a mod doesn't prevent me from posting as a member
3) Your post reference clearly identify's the word changer and how you got nav unit out of that escapes me
have another starbucks? Hey f*ck you man..get off from arguing behind the computer. I dont care if you post as a member, but if you are going to be a complete ******* ******* about a simple misunderstanding which other members understood then I would like to reconsider YOU to not being a supermoderator here on the forum representing the site and your purpose is to be staying a neutral part of a thread/topic/post etc. for when things get heated or if there is a misunderstanding. So do your job or get off from behind the computer and live life a little bit off the forum. Just because I identify the word as changer- I clearly posted up what I was referring to for your lack of compitence on my clarification for you to better understand or at least grasp what I was trying to convey to you. Go to a **** site and release some SUPERMOD stress/anger by hawking on those sites and come back with a clear relaxed state-of-being please. Now I also believe I asked Steve the question, not you....
cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBenzNL march/april california trip