C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Newly install Bi-X has finger prints on lense (wtf!!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by 14cue
hehe, no worries Drex!
all good.

i'm going to start a new thread tomorrow or wheni have time. i've had it with MB service, they messed up my rims when taking off the wheel, pictures to follow...
Glad there is a solution to your "fingerprint" lense. Wow, you're certainly not have much luck these days.....now your wheels????
Old 03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
no luck at all dude, NONE!

the damage isnt that bad but considering they were servicing my car and were careless enought to chip it thats messedup! if i dont fix it now it'll only chip away further, i've had the car for over a year now and they have no scratch on them. you guys can be the judge when i upload the photos.

fingers crossed for the new lamp and installation.

NO_WUR_E, i like your rims, i wanted to get the amg style ones for a long time, but cant afford it, are those real or replicas? i want 18's so bad, i like ot keep my car simple.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
no luck at all dude, NONE!

the damage isnt that bad but considering they were servicing my car and were careless enought to chip it thats messedup! if i dont fix it now it'll only chip away further, i've had the car for over a year now and they have no scratch on them. you guys can be the judge when i upload the photos.

fingers crossed for the new lamp and installation.

NO_WUR_E, i like your rims, i wanted to get the amg style ones for a long time, but cant afford it, are those real or replicas? i want 18's so bad, i like ot keep my car simple.
if the repair doesn't meet par, have them replace it! there should be no exceptions.

to answer your q, they are authentic amg rims. i got lucky on getting a new car take offs. maybe you can persuade blake p to sell his rims outside of the bay area.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
if the repair doesn't meet par, have them replace it! there should be no exceptions.

to answer your q, they are authentic amg rims. i got lucky on getting a new car take offs. maybe you can persuade blake p to sell his rims outside of the bay area.
right on, yeah, i'm **** about the rims, they have to be mint, is blake selling his? i'll PM him.

thanks for the headsup brutha.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
I hate to bring up an old post but i just wanted to let everyone know that Steve sent me a replacement lamp and i had it swap out last week, so the defective lamp is now gone!

I wanted to thank everyone here and esp. Wanda and Steve for being the coolest cats around. thanks guys!

i think i'll be ordering euro side strips and an extra set of OEM BIX bulbs from them this week.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
I hate to bring up an old post but i just wanted to let everyone know that Steve sent me a replacement lamp and i had it swap out last week, so the defective lamp is now gone!

I wanted to thank everyone here and esp. Wanda and Steve for being the coolest cats around. thanks guys!

i think i'll be ordering euro side strips and an extra set of OEM BIX bulbs from them this week.
Just another reason that proves doing business with MBenzNL is the best experience! Great news and glad it's taken care of.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
no problem - I am sorry that you had to go through all that bad luck!

greetingz,
Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes

You're really lucky, since you're buying your stuffs from Steve, you get the best warranty and customer service in the world.

For those who buy stuff from elsewhere (ebay, forum...) and have to deal w/ it on your own, you will have to DIY. Well, at least it's all possible.

1. Remove the metal clips and all bulbs & ballast
2. Turn on the oven to 250 degree.
3. Wait til the oven is fully warm up, put your light in there for 10 min
4. Take it out, and slowly ply the front open
5. Clean the lens w/ alcohol & very soft pad (the same one used to clean reading glass). Wear glove while you're doing this, and do not touch any other part of the ligth
6. Put the front back to the light, press as hard as possible
7. Put the light back to oven (assume it's still on at 250). Leave it in there for 7 min
8. Take out the light, press the front in. You might want to use sillicon-2 to seal the light one round.
9. Snap the metal clips back. Leave it light that for at least 12 hours.

Put light back in the car. I've helped other people to do this w/ success.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
props for having the courage to do that bro. I could never do that, bit when it comes to that much heat and when it comes to I oven I will only stick food in there! good on ya for giving ppl a hand

take pics next time and post, it'll def. help ppl out. at least ease the mind a bit