C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by slkfans
The BUY IT NOW option will be effective tomorrow on ebay....this will rectify all the inconvenience....sorry guys !
If we buy them through your auction, who do we contact if there was a problem with the sprintbooster. Just asking because I read over at the crossfire forum people had had some problems with them. I want one but I want to make sure there is a warranty or something to that effect.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by pugguy2001
If we buy them through your auction, who do we contact if there was a problem with the sprintbooster. Just asking because I read over at the crossfire forum people had had some problems with them. I want one but I want to make sure there is a warranty or something to that effect.
pugguy2001,

No worries, you can send it back and have it replaced should there be any problems...
Old 09-01-2006, 01:03 AM

2016 C63s AMG
pugguy2001,

No worries, you can send it back and have it replaced should there be any problems...
Ok great. How can I "BUY ONE NOW" If i go through Ebay I would just use pay pal, right?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:31 AM

Item is for sale on ebay with the Buy it now option

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260027158413
Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
slkfans- I paid for mine, please send manual transmission!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:58 PM

2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
Angry

Item is for sale on ebay with the Buy it now option

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260027158413
Buy it now price is $400.00 why?
Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sickwitit
Buy it now price is $400.00 why?

$400 is based on our local currency. Please select the BUY NOW button in the item description for International buyers which offers the product in US dollars $250.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
Sprint Booster - Are you kidding me?

I'm sorry to start a new thread here. But I find that I needa speak up before you guys misunderstood the "real" function of this Sprint Booster.

- Sprint Booster was fairly well documented in a few Asian car magazine 4-5 months ago.

- Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine output. If you go back to the basic consideration, you'll realize what the engine needs in order to increase your power output. Don't be fooled by this Sprint Booster.

- Sprint Booster is a device that intercept your "electronic" throttle signals when you accelerate. Example: If you are accelerating from 0 km/h, Sprint Booster will intercept your throttle input and fool the ECU that you're gunning it with full throttle. Hence, the WOT mode is there. In results, your car "feels" faster. However, I do NOT believe that you can NOT achieve the same results with a heavy right foot on the pedal.

- You will not feel the difference if you're in full throttle mode on the highway when you're rolling because the Sprint Booster is simply a device that fools your throttle to be wide open or open the throttle at a higher rate.

- So, why so many people feel that Sprint Booster works for them? Answer: You won't WOT (Wide open throttle) at every green lights right? Sprint Booster is more like a device that fools your engine to Wide Open Throttle whenever you press on the gas pedal.

- Why didn't Mercedes put this "monster" device into their products? Answer: Because our "electronic" throttle pedals went throught hundreds and thousands of calculations with different sensors input in order to calculation the right amount of air and fuel in the engine. MB has their own " safety net" to protect the engine from blowing up. Do you guys know that?

In conclusion:
1) Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine power output.
2) Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine torque output.
3) Sprint Booster will causes decreased gas mileage.
4) Sprint Booster will void your factory warranty.
5) You can achieve the same results with a heavy right foot on the gas pedal at every intersection signal lights.
6) Sprint Booster is going around for USD $300 installed (including Labor) in Taiwan.

*I'm too tired tonight, I'll come back to chip in more when it's needed. So, just treat my thread as a headsup. Seriously, no offend to the product manufacturer.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Well said.

I think there are too many stupid "quick mods" out there trying to lure MB owners in thinking there are cheap solutions towards attaining better performance.

IMO, if people want higher performance, then they should consider paying extra for a larger displacement model, or get with a reliable tuning company to make the enhancements professionally.

Just my $0.02.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Dear lord. It amazes me how confused people are about this product. Its sole purpose is to give you a more aggressive and responsive throttle. It is common knowledge that this thing does not give you more hp or torque. I've done plenty of mods to my car, and I still say that this is the best mod I've done so far. The throttle finally responds the way I want it to.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by bwco
- Why didn't Mercedes put this "monster" device into their products? Answer: Because our "electronic" throttle pedals went throught hundreds and thousands of calculations with different sensors input in order to calculation the right amount of air and fuel in the engine. MB has their own " safety net" to protect the engine from blowing up. Do you guys know that?
LOL. Well you started out sounding like you knew what you were talking about, and then you reveal that you actually don't. The device only changes the throttle angle signal sent to the computer. The sprint booster does not change the AFR map.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
what makes you think it will void your warranty, its a plug in device that goes in the obd2 port and is removeable.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:59 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Evidently, they still don't know what this product is about...sigh.

In conclusion:
(Thank you, we all knew that already, next)

(Ditto)

(Er, where did that claim come from?)

(It's a plug in/plug out 5 min effort)

5) You can achieve the same results with a heavy right foot on the gas pedal at every intersection signal lights.
(No, you can't. I used to think so too. But for lower powered E Class like the base E200K, there seems to have a flat spot before the Kompressor kicks in as the eThrottle hesitates 1/2 a sec as I press my right foot. The SB seems to remove this and the throttle opening is more immediate. Without the SB, I have to use a more heavy right foot, but ended up with more of "all or nothing
effect when it comes to acceleration - not so good for city driving.)

6) Sprint Booster is going around for USD $300 installed (including Labor) in Taiwan.
(It's SGD$440 with install, which is USD260)
Old 09-02-2006, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
The decreased gas mileage makes sense...if you are goin WOT EVERY stop light...there is going to be more consumption in gas no?
Old 09-03-2006, 12:09 AM

E200K W211 (M271)
Possible. But really, it's not "WOT" every time you step on the pedal! The car will be undrivable then!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 AM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by jgsx
LOL. Well you started out sounding like you knew what you were talking about, and then you reveal that you actually don't. The device only changes the throttle angle signal sent to the computer. The sprint booster does not change the AFR map.

Is it my bad english or your own problem in comprehension?
Did i ever mentioned that Sprint Booster will alter "any" sort of maps?

Yes, I know nothing. But I'm smart enough not to be sucked into buying one of the Sprint Booster.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 AM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by VBlaster_W211
Evidently, they still don't know what this product is about...sigh.

In conclusion:
(Thank you, we all knew that already, next)

(Ditto)

(Er, where did that claim come from?)

Err, so how do you think all that extra air goes to? Or that "extra power feeling" comes from?

(It's a plug in/plug out 5 min effort)
Try to keep that on your car, or simply plug in a star diagnosis. Wish you good luck man!

(No, you can't. I used to think so too. But for lower powered E Class like the base E200K, there seems to have a flat spot before the Kompressor kicks in as the eThrottle hesitates 1/2 a sec as I press my right foot. The SB seems to remove this and the throttle opening is more immediate. Without the SB, I have to use a more heavy right foot, but ended up with more of "all or nothing
effect when it comes to acceleration - not so good for city driving.)

So, why do you think your E200K is so slow? Or you simply think that mercedes engine hestiate for no reason?

(It's SGD$440 with install, which is USD260)
I'm talking about the price in Taiwan, I guess they don't spend singapore dollar in Taiwan eh! Also, it's "around USD $300" I'm not saying it IS exactly USD $300.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:38 AM

10' GLK
Guys, I'm not here to argue with your Sprint Booster Purchase. If you think the money you spent was well worth it. Please show us your dyno graph and related A/F data and all related sensor inputs.

I'm just trying to show everyone what I know and a headsup for everyone who hasn't purchase one yet. If you're a vendor for sprint booster, I'm here, more than welcome, to see all your performance proof. I still have $300 USD in my pocket waiting for your persuation. I'm your potential customer if you can prove to me with hard evidence. I don't believe in the "feel faster" or "senses" thing.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Guys, I'm not here to argue with your Sprint Booster Purchase. If you think the money you spent was well worth it. Please show us your dyno graph and related A/F data and all related sensor inputs.

I'm just trying to show everyone what I know and a headsup for everyone who hasn't purchase one yet. If you're a vendor for sprint booster, I'm here, more than welcome, to see all your performance proof. I still have $300 USD in my pocket waiting for your persuation. I'm your potential customer if you can prove to me with hard evidence. I don't believe in the "feel faster" or "senses" thing.

Funny how those people with spring booster didnt even have photos or install photos at first. They were just hawking it around for some quick cash.

"You try it and if you like it then you buy it "

Just another waste of money.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:12 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
lol almost 5 months past since the first sprint booster post and you guys are still arguing?

if someone buys it...it's their choice. if it works for them it works for them. there's no reason to tell them it's not worth the money.

personally I would do the ECU throttle reset once or twice a month and invest the same money for colder plugs such as the Denso Iridium and Magnecor ignition wires.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I think it was Henry Ford that said "Snake oil is still snake oil - no matter what label you put on it."

Next up: the "Tornado Vortex Generator"

Item:
Intake Fuel Saver/Power Adder

Alias:
Tornado Fuel Saver. Vortex Generator. Air Twister. Turbo Fan.

What it is:
An intake restriction.

What its supposed to do:
Create turbulence in the incoming airstream to allow for better fuel atomization. "Mixes the Fuel/Air like a tornado!!!!!!" This is "supposed" to theoretically allow the fuel to burn more completely in the combustion chamber.

What it actually does:
Creates a restriction in the intake stream, reducing the total power gain of the vehicle. Any turbulence or "vortex" caused by the devices is destroyed the second it reaches the throttle body plate. In some cases these devices can reduce power as much as 10%, while INCREASING fuel consumption.

These devices have been sold for years and are a complete and utter scam. Popular mechanics recently had an article on a variety of these devices and proved them all to be new age "snake oil".
Old 09-03-2006, 09:22 AM

E200K W211 (M271)
No one claims increased HP and Torque. We can rest it there. Stop asking for dyno charts.

And yes, I believe Merc somehow tuned E200K throttle response such that it hesitates for a while - more comfort biased acceleration coupled with a smallish cc engine based on SC.

I drive an E200K and an Integra (your RSX). The delay in throttle response in the E200K is evident and disconcerting, especially when trying to overtake in a split sec of opening in city traffic. It seems the E200K response to right foot seems to be flat for a while, then if I depress too much, a surge forward.

The Sprint Booster seems to make the response more immediate and linear. It probably sends signals that overcome the initial flat response when the accelerator is tapped. I can't get that from the ECU reset. I was sceptical of the Spring Booster too, but after I tried it, the driving experience is much better.

However, I don't think the effect will be as pronounced for E350 and upwards. The throttle response of the much better M272 V6 is already quite linear and smooth, having tried the E350 and CLS350. The lagginess is still there (to a smaller amount) on the E280.

There's no picture to show for install - it's done at the shop for less than 5 min. After install, you can't see it as it's behind the pedal.

Lastly, many of us are end users. We don't "hawk" the products. We just feel it's a suitable product for the likes of E200K.

Last edited by VBlaster_W211; 09-03-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Sprint booster significantly improves throttle response. That is all it does, and it is as simple as that. If you want a more responsive throttle, this is the product for you. I've already done ECU and plug mods. Those did help a LITTLE with throttle response, but they were mainly mods to produce more power. Sprintbooster gave me better throttle response in all conditions, feathering, part throttle, and WOT. There is absolutely no comparison the throttle reset method.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 PM

E200K W211 (M271)
Exactly what we're trying to say to those who have not tried at all or even attempt to understand the product.

Well said.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 PM

2005 C230 Sedan 6spd
Not all product is made for everyone, if you don't like it DON'T BUY IT~ It's as easy as that

It's not your money so just layback and no criticism is nessary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed