C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
This might help? Click downloads, then click the word here. Good Luck.
http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...d=10&Itemid=35
Let us know how everthing works out.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Got the sprint booster installed this morning before work! No one said anything about ripping out the gas pedal I never would have known there was a
bolt there behind the plastic cover holding it on to the floor with a wire connected to it. So the gas pedal is really weird, after you pull out the plastic cap there is a 10mm bolt, unbolt that and the whole gas pedal comes loose! It's kind of frightning at first because you think about what would happen if you can't get it screwed back together properly (no gas pedal, car is useless) but no worries as it isn't too difficult.
Anyway after an hour of searching for a 10mm ratchet (I found some 3/16ths, 9mm, 11mm, a 10mm wrench that would not fit in the area around the bolt) and pulling the plastic down from underneath the dashboard I got it.

The sprint booster is really a lot of fun! I noticed it right away, the car seemed jumpy when I hit the gas like the engine is ready to go right away. I even ended up taking a detour on my way to work to go over a long stretch of twisty roads and I had so much fun I was half an hour late haha! However I did notice my gas mileage was 2 or 3 mpg lower than normal on the drive to work because I kept it in a lower gear and wanted to keep accelerating! It really feels like a different engine is in the car.

One thing I didn't like, in stop and go traffic it's a little bit harder to control the car because the cars in front of you move a few feet and you press the gas pedal and the car wants to surge forward with energy but then the person in front of you stops.

thank you to slkfans who sent it to me from singapore in only 4 days after I used paypal to send the money! it really is worth it!

now i will have to go on some more twisty roads after work to have some more fun! lets hope i don't get a speeding ticket.

Originally Posted by pugguy2001
This might help? Click downloads, then click the word here. Good Luck.
http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...d=10&Itemid=35
Let us know how everthing works out.
thanks but no, that website is completely useless. they don't have any support or instructions whatsoever. it looks like some marketing department fools made that website, only to sell the product and nothing more.

Last edited by ctC230K; 09-13-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by ctC230K
Got the sprint booster installed this morning before work! No one said anything about ripping out the gas pedal I never would have known there was a
bolt there behind the plastic cover holding it on to the floor with a wire connected to it. So the gas pedal is really weird, after you pull out the plastic cap there is a 10mm bolt, unbolt that and the whole gas pedal comes loose! It's kind of frightning at first because you think about what would happen if you can't get it screwed back together properly (no gas pedal, car is useless) but no worries as it isn't too difficult.
Anyway after an hour of searching for a 10mm ratchet (I found some 3/16ths, 9mm, 11mm, a 10mm wrench that would not fit in the area around the bolt) and pulling the plastic down from underneath the dashboard I got it.

The sprint booster is really a lot of fun! I noticed it right away, the car seemed jumpy when I hit the gas like the engine is ready to go right away. I even ended up taking a detour on my way to work to go over a long stretch of twisty roads and I had so much fun I was half an hour late haha! However I did notice my gas mileage was 2 or 3 mpg lower than normal on the drive to work because I kept it in a lower gear and wanted to keep accelerating! It really feels like a different engine is in the car.

One thing I didn't like, in stop and go traffic it's a little bit harder to control the car because the cars in front of you move a few feet and you press the gas pedal and the car wants to surge forward with energy but then the person in front of you stops.

thank you to slkfans who sent it to me from singapore in only 4 days after I used paypal to send the money! it really is worth it!

now i will have to go on some more twisty roads after work to have some more fun! lets hope i don't get a speeding ticket.

thanks but no, that website is completely useless. they don't have any support or instructions whatsoever. it looks like some marketing department fools made that website, only to sell the product and nothing more.
Glad it worked out ok. Didnt you see the video where they removed the gas pedal?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Glad it worked out ok. Didnt you see the video where they removed the gas pedal?
i thought the video was just some marketing thing, i clicked the link before i read your post, and i just saw the website and thought i already saw everything there.
anyway, here are the pictures i took before the install:

Old 09-13-2006, 04:48 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
i dont get what your showing in your picture
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by AdamVax
i dont get what your showing in your picture
that is the sprint booster. i will post a picture of how to install later.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:55 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
oh ok cool
Old 09-13-2006, 06:16 PM

05 C230K SS
that is the sprint booster. i will post a picture of how to install later.
Unless the installation is different than the crossfire; save yourself some work, because this link does a good job of explaining how to install SB.

http://www.crossfireforum.org/galler...ry.php?cat=574

Last edited by yellowrama; 09-13-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Now it's clear that my statement in the sprintbooster thread is correct on how it works. lol...after seeing the pic

Last edited by FrankW; 09-13-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:53 PM

ctC230k,

You are welcome, glad that you enjoyed it.

Have fun !!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
so on the way home i was thinking "ok who took my c230 engine out and put in the v6 c280 engine???"
i drove the c280 a month ago and it felt just like my car does now. instant power.
and about the gas mileage, you actually could get better than average gas mileage, better than before sprint booster. all you do is get into the highest gear as soon as possible and you could do that sooner with than without the sprint booster because you reach higher revs sooner. but then its also fun to keep it in low gear and give it some gas so if you add the two factors together, you get average mpg= same as before sprint booster. haha.
Originally Posted by yellowrama
Unless the installation is different than the crossfire; save yourself some work, because this link does a good job of explaining how to install SB.

http://www.crossfireforum.org/galler...ry.php?cat=574
hey thanks. yes thats exactly what i did.

Last edited by ctC230K; 09-13-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C230 Sedan 6spd
Sounds like fun, I can't wait till I get mine from the crossfire fourm group buy
Old 09-14-2006, 07:28 AM

2016 C63s AMG
so on the way home i was thinking "ok who took my c230 engine out and put in the v6 c280 engine???"
i drove the c280 a month ago and it felt just like my car does now. instant power.
and about the gas mileage, you actually could get better than average gas mileage, better than before sprint booster. all you do is get into the highest gear as soon as possible and you could do that sooner with than without the sprint booster because you reach higher revs sooner. but then its also fun to keep it in low gear and give it some gas so if you add the two factors together, you get average mpg= same as before sprint booster. haha.
Which one did you buy, auto or manual?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:25 AM

BMW 135i
i want a sprint boOoOster for my manual
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Which one did you buy, auto or manual?
manual, my car is 6 speed
Old 09-18-2006, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
guys i am getting better gas mileage now and this thing is so much fun. i can drive it like i stole it and still get good mileage. it's definatly got more pickup in every gear. i love it!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by 02ml320
would love to if no one objects that it's not an amg
of course just go over here https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/161850-amg-enthusiasts-meet-atlanta-nov-4th-5th-2006-a.html
and sign up if you haven't yet.
Registration: If you plan to attend (even if only for the photo shoot), you must request a registration packet (free) by e-mailing your request to AtlantaAMGmeet@hotmail.com. The registration packets will be forwarded by e-mail beginning September 18th.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:24 PM

w203
So i does work for manuals? do you think the car will learn this new device and will adjust for it and negate the effect? kind of like people same will reprogramming the ECU.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 PM

Kia Sedona
in case if someone still looking for the installation instructions

this is the installation instruction for sprint booster on a 01 cl600.
this is what it looks like:

imgp 1182 and imgp 1183 showed the gas paddle intact. you need to pop the round plug and remove the 10mm nut. you need to get the washer out with a magnet or a small tweezer. then just lift the whole assembly up and out.

imgp 1185 showed the gas paddle assembly out. note that the sprint booster is already installed.

imgp 1188 shows where you need to unplug and where sprint booster plugs into.

imgp 1193 shows the sprint booster installed. after this, just stuff every thing back and enjoy.

got my from slkfan. great service.
james

Last edited by V12toHybrid; 09-18-2006 at 10:28 PM. Reason: better pictures
Old 09-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Kia Sedona
this is the installation instruction for sprint booster on a 01 cl600.
this is what it looks like:

imgp 1182 and imgp 1183 showed the gas paddle intact. you need to pop the round plug and remove the 10mm nut. you need to get the washer out with a magnet or a small tweezer. then just lift the whole assembly up and out.

imgp 1185 showed the gas paddle assembly out. note that the sprint booster is already installed.

imgp 1188 shows where you need to unplug and where sprint booster plugs into.

imgp 1193 shows the sprint booster installed. after this, just stuff every thing back and enjoy.

got my from slkfan. great service.
james
Old 09-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Almost a Member!

C180K SS .
Originally Posted by slkfans
ctC230k,

You are welcome, glad that you enjoyed it.

Have fun !!!
slkfan ..
i live in Bkk .. driving a auto C180SS .. would it work on my car, already got K BOX.. ?

if it will work on my car , please kindly PM me if I can get it from you as well ..
Old 09-19-2006, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by jscavo
So i does work for manuals? do you think the car will learn this new device and will adjust for it and negate the effect? kind of like people same will reprogramming the ECU.
yes, my car is 6 speed manual and it works great. i have had it for a week now and so far it has not adjusted anything to negate the effect and i doubt it will because it is only modifying the signal coming from the gas pedal. if anything it might make the ecu faster since it sees that you typically like to floor it and will learn that and adapt timing.
sometimes if i am in 2nd or 3rd gear at around 3500-4000 rpm and i touch the gas the thing scares me its got so much response now, like i said i have to be careful i don't hit anything in front of me cause it goes alot quicker rofl!

Last edited by ctC230K; 09-19-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Sounds Like I'm Sold. Where do I get one for my C230 SC K ?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:30 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Slyder
Sounds Like I'm Sold. Where do I get one for my C230 SC K ?
Over here-http://www.slkfans.com/
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 PM
skr

'10 GLK350 4matic/ '05 BMW e46/'20 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
I just installed mine, and I have a few comments on my 2006 MB C230 ss install:

1. The pedal came off fairly easily, had to pull the bottom of the assembly up and out first (kind a like you are rotating it out).

2. Once the pedal was out I had an extremely hard time getting the connector off my pedal assembly. I ended up breaking the tab that holds it down on one side. This part alone took me about 15 minutes and a few grey hairs to complete.

3. Finally, putting the assembly back in place was a major pain as well. It very hard to get it in the right position, so that it would hook-up at the top, since that area is concealed.

Once everything was put back together, I took it out and can notice a difference in the way the car was behaving. It is definitely peppier. I had always noticed a lag when I tried to accelerate hard from a stand still, after I put the SB in the lag is still there, but not as bad as before. I was hoping to get rid of the lag altogether, however, the overall behavior of the car is improved. It is not so sluggish anymore, and it responds as it should have originally from the factory. I consider this not so much a high performance mod, but a correction of a design defect from the factory.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed