C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Please choose your exterior colour (closest match). Thank you!
Brilliant Silver or Iridium Silver Metallic
19.29%
Black (flat)
17.14%
Metallic Black; Black Opal, Obsidian Black, Diamond Black
15.00%
Alabaster White (flat)
10.00%
Grey/Gray Metallics; Granite Grey, Steel Grey
2.86%
Midnight Blue (flat)
1.43%
Blue Metallic; Orion Blue, Capri Blue
10.00%
Red; Bordeaux Red, Magma Red
7.14%
Pewter
12.14%
Desert Silver
2.86%
Everest Green
0%
Exotic Colours; Lime green, Paprika, and all others
2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

What colour did you get your C Class in?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
2003 black/charcoal with aluminum trim
Old 06-26-2006, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by mick1
my car salesman told me people should buy silver for german cars, red for italian cars, and green for british cars. He said those were the colors for the racing cars from those countries
Yup, that's true. French cars should be blue! Japanese cars should be white!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CixYW...racing%20green

If the link does not work, go to www.youtube.com and Search "Top Gear British Racing Green" for a 7 minute video regarding the history of British Racing Green.

Personally, I don't really follow this rule, I buy what I like it in. And for me, every single car company has its own "deemed colour".

BMW = Blue
Rolls Royce = White (in the US or in Middle East, dark blue if you are in UK)
Mercedes = Black (government colour)
Maserati = Red, just kidding, I actually think blue is the official Maserati colour
Ferrari = Rosso Corsa
Lamborghini = Yellow Pearl
Jaguar = Jaguar Racing Green or British Racing Green

There's always an exception to the rule, when I was looking at acquiring a BMW, I looked at a silver and a black one; and the Maserati, black.

Last edited by patrick_y; 06-26-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
Car: 05 C230K SS
Colour: alabaster white/ash interior
Comments: i wanted to go back to white because my previous car was black. white is much easier to maintain
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
Car: 05 SS
Color: Mars Red

Comments: I wanted this color because of its uniqueness, almost everyone here in the bayarea who owned a Mercedes went with a conservative color, and when they came out with Mars Red, I just couldn’t resist.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:03 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
I absolutely HAVE to have a color that stands out. Even if I am looking at an exotic, the normal colors you see them in don't do it for me. Depending on who I end up marrying of course, I could see myself having a Ferrari painted pearly pink for my wife :P
Old 06-26-2006, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
I absolutely HAVE to have a color that stands out. Even if I am looking at an exotic, the normal colors you see them in don't do it for me. Depending on who I end up marrying of course, I could see myself having a Ferrari painted pearly pink for my wife :P
I'm not sure that Ferrari would be willing to do a pink car. They are very strict when it comes to red and yellow colours.

On the ordering manual if you wish to provide a colour upon sample, they say "the chomatic areas between red and yellow are institutional Ferrari colours and therefore cannot be modified". This may include the areas between red and white.

A friend of mine was recently joking that he wanted a Rolls Royce in yellow. I told him that'd be nuts and to put his money where his mouth is. He's agreed. Still, I don't have the heart to hold him to his word, that's why I haven't asked my local dealership if they'd do that. However, in my friend's neighborhood, there is a pinkish Rolls Royce, stock from the factory. An older model, the Silver Spur.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by patrick_y
I'm not sure that Ferrari would be willing to do a pink car. They are very strict when it comes to red and yellow colours.
aww who cares if the factory won't do it? There are PLENTY of shops that would be more than happy to make it any color I want as long as they get paid!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels

On the ordering manual if you wish to provide a colour upon sample, they say "the chomatic areas between red and yellow are institutional Ferrari colours and therefore cannot be modified". This may include the areas between red and white.

A friend of mine was recently joking that he wanted a Rolls Royce in yellow. I told him that'd be nuts and to put his money where his mouth is. He's agreed. Still, I don't have the heart to hold him to his word, that's why I haven't asked my local dealership if they'd do that. However, in my friend's neighborhood, there is a pinkish Rolls Royce, stock from the factory. An older model, the Silver Spur.
Hmm....as boring as this sounds, I don't like colours that stand out. I choose class and tasteful appointments/mods/colours on a car over senseless, distasteful bling and attention anyday. When I'm driving in a nice car, I'm the one that has to look at the colour and enjoy it on the car. Who gives a crap about standing out? If you wanna stand out, get an Oscar-Mayer Weiner-Mobile made, and make it your daily.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by rlee02135
Car:2004 C230K SS
Color: Black
Comments: I hate when it rains on it, but after a good wash and wax the paint looks amazing
(this pic is just after i wash and dry with a microfiber cloth)
Rlee you really ought to debadge or get a new "K" for your Kompressor!

Driving an "Ompressor" is just silly!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
aww who cares if the factory won't do it? There are PLENTY of shops that would be more than happy to make it any color I want as long as they get paid!
Repainting a Ferrari is very difficult! They might be willing to do it, but they might charge you an arm and a leg for it!

Personally, I think I'd order mine in the classic Rosso Corsa. Protects the investment as well. Yes, it is boring because everybody has this colour. And some people with too much money don't realize that the car does not look good at night yet they still drive it around anyways.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Hmm....as boring as this sounds, I don't like colours that stand out. I choose class and tasteful appointments/mods/colours on a car over senseless, distasteful bling and attention anyday. When I'm driving in a nice car, I'm the one that has to look at the colour and enjoy it on the car. Who gives a crap about standing out? If you wanna stand out, get an Oscar-Mayer Weiner-Mobile made, and make it your daily.
I agree, I don't like colors that stand out too much. The Amythest colour is acceptable though.

Personally, I think the Paprika is too much. The Lime Green definitely looks good. I think that's a good color for a C230K Coupe. I'm not sure if I'd get one in that color but I have to admit, it definitely looks good.

One thing that I don't try to do is to make the car look like its owner is a rap music star. That's not the look I'm going for. I'm trying to go for the sophisticated look.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
hehe. you (b3d_sage) would trust some paint place to paint a $300k Ferrari ???

Not me !!!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

Not me !!!
I agree as well.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Well, I do try to keep it tasteful and make it work with the car. I'm not going to get an entirely chromed diablo or something (I think that's what 50 cent did, right?). I'm staunchly anti-ghettofication. But, come on, a pearly pink Ferrari for the wifey? Totally worth it. I'm surprised that you, the artsy fartsy one, are the guy that want's his car to look like everyone elses and that I, the boring economist who reads books about financial markets for fun, am the one that wants a really crazy car.

Not me !!!
Well not just ANYONE, obviously. BUT, there are some very high end shops out there that would be prepared to do such a thing right.

Repainting a Ferrari is very difficult! They might be willing to do it, but they might charge you an arm and a leg for it!

Personally, I think I'd order mine in the classic Rosso Corsa. Protects the investment as well.
Sure, it would be expensive... but it's already a Ferrari! You really think cost is a factor at this point? Besides, it'd be like a 10th anniversary present or something.

As for investment- as far as cars go, I consider money spent on cars to be totally gone. That, and I plan on building a collection of cars even if it means I rarely get to add a new one.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Black C200 Kompressor
C200 Kompressor 2003
Colour: Black
I can never get over how hard black is to maintain no matter how many blck cars I have owned! But when it looks it's best it is well worth it
Old 06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Car: 03 C240
Colour: Obsidian Black / Ash
Old 06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
Yes, I think amythest was in charcoal as well. Only the 2005s and newer came with black interiors. This is my understanding, I could be wrong.

yea i meant charcoal my bad
Old 06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Car: '04.5 C 230 K SS ('Cuz I couldn't afford a new C32)
Exterior Color: Midnight Blue (Favorite color in general)
Interior Color: Ash (Initially wanted charcoal, but glad I got Ash)
Comments: I got the Midnight Blue for several reasons. 1) I love the color Midnight Blue, 2) It's very rare (mostly Capri Blue cars out there), 3) I custom painted my MX-6 with the same color, so I thought I'd continue the trend, 4) Figured if I'm getting a Benz, might as well get exactly what I want (w/ exception to it not being a C32). The interior was a mistake on my order. I really wanted charcoal, but without realizing it, I had said Ash to the dealer, so when I was following up about a month after my order, I realized I ordered the Ash. It's a pain in the butt to clean, but I'm glad I chose the Ash because it goes really well with the color of my car.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Well, I do try to keep it tasteful and make it work with the car. I'm not going to get an entirely chromed diablo or something (I think that's what 50 cent did, right?). I'm staunchly anti-ghettofication. But, come on, a pearly pink Ferrari for the wifey? Totally worth it. I'm surprised that you, the artsy fartsy one, are the guy that want's his car to look like everyone elses and that I, the boring economist who reads books about financial markets for fun, am the one that wants a really crazy car.

Well not just ANYONE, obviously. BUT, there are some very high end shops out there that would be prepared to do such a thing right.

Sure, it would be expensive... but it's already a Ferrari! You really think cost is a factor at this point? Besides, it'd be like a 10th anniversary present or something.

As for investment- as far as cars go, I consider money spent on cars to be totally gone. That, and I plan on building a collection of cars even if it means I rarely get to add a new one.
Ferraris are known to be very good investments. 360s are still selling very strong, the 2005 Spider models are still going for more than what the first owner paid for on the dotted line even though it has 2k miles on it.

I think you're looking for a Lamborghini, that depreciates a bit. And Lamborghini is more likely to paint your car in pink. They have a pastel blue, and I think I've seen a pastel pink before (not in person, in the brochure).
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Car: '04.5 C 230 K SS ('Cuz I couldn't afford a new C32)
Exterior Color: Midnight Blue (Favorite color in general)
Interior Color: Ash (Initially wanted charcoal, but glad I got Ash)
Comments: I got the Midnight Blue for several reasons. 1) I love the color Midnight Blue, 2) It's very rare (mostly Capri Blue cars out there), 3) I custom painted my MX-6 with the same color, so I thought I'd continue the trend, 4) Figured if I'm getting a Benz, might as well get exactly what I want (w/ exception to it not being a C32). The interior was a mistake on my order. I really wanted charcoal, but without realizing it, I had said Ash to the dealer, so when I was following up about a month after my order, I realized I ordered the Ash. It's a pain in the butt to clean, but I'm glad I chose the Ash because it goes really well with the color of my car.
Yes, midnight blue is rare on this side of the pond. In the UK and Europe in general, that colour is more popular than black.

Blue and gray go well together. It provides a very sophisticated look. Some people put blue with black together (seen lots of M3s in blue/black).
Old 06-26-2006, 06:30 PM

2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
Thumbs up

2001 C320 Black on Black
Comments: I can't say enough about the appearance of a clean blk car this is one of the reasons I chose blk, looked at some lighter colors but I could'nt resist blk .................................................. ......................................
Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 PM

Ferraris are known to be very good investments. 360s are still selling very strong, the 2005 Spider models are still going for more than what the first owner paid for on the dotted line even though it has 2k miles on it.

I think you're looking for a Lamborghini, that depreciates a bit. And Lamborghini is more likely to paint your car in pink. They have a pastel blue, and I think I've seen a pastel pink before (not in person, in the brochure).
For me, expensive cars are about living a childhood dream that I never thought would actually happen. When you look at it that way, none of the rest of it matters. It could be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a Maserati or anything else... I don't care what color the factory wants to paint it, I don't care if it's considered a good investment. It's about dreams, man.

That, and I think a girl would look much better in a Ferrari spyder.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
car: 02 C32
color: obsidian black
interior: charcoal / merlot red.

comments: why I got it? because they wanted $1600 special order fee for Tectite Grey, so I went for the next color I liked.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-26-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by FrankW
car: 02 C32
color: obsidian black
interior: charcoal / merlot red.

comments: why I got it? because they wanted $1600 special order fee for Tectite Grey, so I went for the next color I liked.
I remember back in 02 and 03, the dark grays were selling like hot cakes.

The tectite gray is somewhat controversial. It's very modern. Personally, I prefer the BMW 2003 3 series Steel Gray Metallic which is darker than the current Silver Gray Metallic. I prefer the Steel Gray Metallic over the Tectite Gray.

Getting on to your interior. I'm actually crazy about the two tone interiors offered on the W203 C32 (most crazy about the merlot) and the W210 E55 (I like the black/red). Any pictures available of the interior? It's a pity they don't offer this anymore on the current C55.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:55 AM
EKY

2006 Acura RL - Aspec rims/spoiler, JDM grille
Orion blue Since it's discontinued, I've had two offers in the past month from people offering to buy my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What colour did you get your C Class in?