C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: exhaust for sound,looks & finish
remus
20.00%
supersprint
80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
was a new thread necessary?
did you search the forum?

'01 C240 w/heavy modifications
a heavily modified car with no exhaust?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by kevblah

while I agree that you should search the forum, you don't have very many choices for exhaust. eisenmann and/or remus are two I can name off the top of my head. I'm merging this thread with the main exhaust thread.

a heavily modified car with no exhaust is not an oximoron as you're attempting to imply kev.

from the looks of it, he has a pretty good amount of mods. dropped, reiger kit, brabus wheels, C32 brakes, bix's, I would say that those are considered more "heavy" mods rather than $5 light bulbs.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by sim_benz
Hey all, I currently have some tips on the stock exhaust system of my C240, and was wondering what options I have modding it. I would like it to be louder, right now its...um...lacking, lets say, a nice throaty sound, but performance is also a concern. I have heard that if I do a real exhaust modification I would need to change the air intake system to compensate. Right now I am running K&N filters.

I dont know too much about modifying the car, so any information would help.

Thanks
there are tons of exhausts out there.....

Remus, Eisenmann, Brabus, Carlsson, Lorinser, MKB, Kleemann, Weltsteiner....
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Hey all, I currently have some tips on the stock exhaust system of my C240, and was wondering what options I have modding it. I would like it to be louder, right now its...um...lacking, lets say, a nice throaty sound, but performance is also a concern. I have heard that if I do a real exhaust modification I would need to change the air intake system to compensate. Right now I am running K&N filters.

I dont know too much about modifying the car, so any information would help.

Thanks
Have any pics of those tips?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 c240, 65 MG Midget...5.0L V8
Originally Posted by Mike T.
Why would you need 4 exhaust pipe outlets, one for each cylinder? This is MAJOR overkill, and looks Rube if you'll pardon the expression, cuz everyone knows the car has no more than two pipes coming back from the engine. At that cylinder-to-pipe ratio, a CL 600 should have twelve exhaust pipes. Think about it...wow, that would be cool, right?

So what's the deal - "my car pollutes more than your car - LOOK AT ME, it has more exhaust pipes than yours"? In other words, to be what the French call a "frîmeur" or a "Jacky" ?

My advice, take it or leave it: save your money and spend it on something that is functional, not something that makes your car look ridiculous.
they don't use an exhaust outlet per cyl, they use a pipe /outlet per cyl bank, ie 2 in v engines and 1 on inline engines, they then split them into two TIPS after the muffler. there are two reasons they do that:
1) looks which most people go for
2) if its engineered right the smaller diameter of the tips acctually accelerates the exhaust flow lowering the pressure, thereby creating a vaccum which drws more exhaust into the system , but i don't think this really applies to any of the street exhaust systems, just too many restrictions for it to work efficiently..... so its looks
Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 AM

mine: '01 C240 w/heavy modifications dad's: '05 997 Carrera S
Supersprint

Hey, i was wondering if anyone out there has installed the supersprint exhaust system (muffler with round tips, not full or anything) on their car, and if so, how did it go and how does it sound?

I have the AMG rear apron, so i can fit straight tips coming right out on the left side, and i want it to sound a bit throatier, louder and deeper. I read this thread and someone recommended the supersprint system. Performance is a concern, i want it to add, however i really also want it to sound better.

Anyone with experience in this area, please private message me and tell me what your experience has been (if you know a good system, how the supersprint is, etc.)

Thanks
-Sim
Old 04-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by nlpamg
...I would say that those are considered more "heavy" mods rather than $5 light bulbs.
OUCH. You think?!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:25 AM

i admit i did prematurely post, not having searched, and im sorry. Thank you nlpamg for moving the thread, setting me straight as it were

But DAYUM kevblah!! you have added some seriously sort-of-modified-ish LOOKING lights to your car. im impressed man...and *gasp* a WHITE LISCENSE PLATE LIGHT!!! wow, two words man...HIGH ROLLER! Thanks for posting that in ur mods list, its truly a significant mod that someone should take into account when they see you bash a guy who is asking for advice and genuinely admitting he needs some outside help. I know I saw that you had changed out your liscense-plate light, and just said "Man, thanks for criticizing, you truly are the C-class modification KING!!! I justly needed that to set me straight from someone vastly superior to myself, i mean LOOK at his liscense-plate light!"

Thanks again to nlpamg for moving my bad/unnecessary thread here, where it belongs, and sorry for not searching the forums first, im still kinda new at this.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...(I'm) a guy who is asking for advice and genuinely admitting he needs some outside help...
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a bunch of dedicated gearheads who are quite willing to help. Please pardon the immature reception you've received thus far.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Hey, i was wondering if anyone out there has installed the supersprint exhaust system (muffler with round tips, not full or anything) on their car, and if so, how did it go and how does it sound?

I have the AMG rear apron, so i can fit straight tips coming right out on the left side, and i want it to sound a bit throatier, louder and deeper. I read this thread and someone recommended the supersprint system. Performance is a concern, i want it to add, however i really also want it to sound better.

Anyone with experience in this area, please private message me and tell me what your experience has been (if you know a good system, how the supersprint is, etc.)

Thanks
-Sim
yes, Oggle did it before he sold his car. I heard it in person. I like it better than the Eisenmann a lot. deeper and not as ridiculous as the Eisenmann in noise.

performance wise, you really don't gain much from any of the mufflers. 5hp at most ...

nice looking car btw
Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone new a place to get exhaust for less than factory, like a website, or even a physical place in Southern California ('tis where im at).

Also, anyone know anthing about sponsorship/help with cost?

And one last thing, what should instal cost on a new muffler?

-Sim
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 PM

hello again,

Ive ordered my eisenmann race 83MM and it should be here by the end of the week, but i just got a smog-check notification...i was wondering, will I get **** if i get it smogged with the eisenmann on it? i mean, im not changing the Cat, so the emissions shouldnt change, but im wondering about the noise, will they bug me about it? im sure its within legal limits of noise, but i was wondering if anyone had any problems in california with smoging aftermarket exhausts.

Thanks,
Sim
Old 05-20-2007, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
hello again,

Ive ordered my eisenmann race 83MM and it should be here by the end of the week, but i just got a smog-check notification...i was wondering, will I get **** if i get it smogged with the eisenmann on it? i mean, im not changing the Cat, so the emissions shouldnt change, but im wondering about the noise, will they bug me about it? im sure its within legal limits of noise, but i was wondering if anyone had any problems in california with smoging aftermarket exhausts.

Thanks,
Sim
shouldnt be a problem

edit: legal db range for exhaust is under 95db. eisenamann shows a diagram that was tested with a BMW. db range at its highest was 87/88db. your fine, should you run factory piping. alterting to diff dimmension pipe/resonator delete may change the db range. for mine, i simply cut the stock muffler off and replaced it with eisenman race 83mm. sounds jsut right.

Last edited by BadAssC230k; 05-20-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:57 PM

thanks, yeah i plan to install the muffler direct, w/o changing anything else.

from what I understand the '01 C240's dont have resonators...just engine>>>headers>>>Cat>>>muffler>>>tips out

someone correct me if Im wrong, please

and if i am, give me advice on whether I should take off the resonator and how much of a hassle itd be. (also any experiences with resonator deletion)
Old 06-22-2007, 12:16 AM

05 C230K SS 6MT, 00 Audi TT 180Q 5MT
resonator and muffler delete

was thinking about doing this mod and putting the dual 07 amg tips on, but im kinda worried what the c230k will sound like because it is a 4 cylinder. ive got no problem with it being louder or muscle car esque, similar to the eisenmann race, just dont want it to sound like a civic with a ricer muffler. i did this on a 1.8t audi tt and it sounded great. anyone here done this yet?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by benzboi3
was thinking about doing this mod and putting the dual 07 amg tips on, but im kinda worried what the c230k will sound like because it is a 4 cylinder. ive got no problem with it being louder or muscle car esque, similar to the eisenmann race, just dont want it to sound like a civic with a ricer muffler. i did this on a 1.8t audi tt and it sounded great. anyone here done this yet?
a muffler AND a resonator delete? like straight pipe all the way through onto dual tips?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
should sound a few notes deeper. nothing to worry about. wont sound like a ricer.

EDIT: if you delete res&muff, your gonna lose back pressure/low end tq.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 AM

a muffler AND a resonator delete? like straight pipe all the way through onto dual tips?

yes, like a full straight pipe after the cats...what are your thoughts? no question it is going to be very loud, its just the tone of the loudness im really concerned about...i really like the tone of the eisenmann race with the resonator delete and achieve a sound like that or a little louder would make me a happy camper...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
yes, like a full straight pipe after the cats...what are your thoughts? no question it is going to be very loud, its just the tone of the loudness im really concerned about...i really like the tone of the eisenmann race with the resonator delete and achieve a sound like that or a little louder would make me a happy camper...
wellll, its gonna look awfull weird without a muffler at all....and not the best way to go if u want to achieve sound like eisenmann race, i recommend a magnaflow like the one i have with a resonator delete.....sounds pretty similar to the race i think....loud too!!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
should sound a few notes deeper. nothing to worry about. wont sound like a ricer.

EDIT: if you delete res&muff, your gonna lose back pressure/low end tq.
didnt think about that, i wonder if the loss would be negligible though...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:27 AM

wellll, its gonna look awfull weird without a muffler at all....and not the best way to go if u want to achieve sound like eisenmann race, i recommend a magnaflow like the one i have with a resonator delete.....sounds pretty similar to the race i think....loud too!!
intresting, ill have to look into the magnaflow..you have any sound clips by any chance?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I dont think you'll have any backpressure, and you'd probably loose alot of low end and high end torque, and end up loosing alota power.

best to do is secondary cat and resonator delete.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
intresting, ill have to look into the magnaflow..you have any sound clips by any chance?
this sound clip isnt probably going to help cuz the actual exhaust sounds like 2-3x louder in real life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qvs8y2bedE
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 AM

this sound clip isnt probably going to help cuz the actual exhaust sounds like 2-3x louder in real life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qvs8y2bedE
sounds pretty nice, although youre id probably have to hear it in person to do it justice...thanks for linking!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by advans
I dont think you'll have any backpressure, and you'd probably loose alot of low end and high end torque, and end up loosing alota power.

best to do is secondary cat and resonator delete.
advans whats up? this is ttuner333 (dino) from euro.techniks, im sellin the TT because i just got myself into a w203, havent told em anything yet tho...shhh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know