C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

who drove two car ? compare please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
who drove two car ? compare please.

this forum only 2006 year include, before that my question asked sorry for that

here, anyone who drove W203 Sedan/Salooon and SportCoupe ?

if there are, could you tell us diffrence,handling,comfort ,adv(+), cons(-)between two cars (it can be test drive )

we learn what lost and what win

thx
Old 10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 C230!!
Originally Posted by ismeto
this forum only 2006 year include, before that my question asked sorry for that

here, anyone who drove W203 Sedan/Salooon and SportCoupe ?

if there are, could you tell us diffrence,handling,comfort ,adv(+), cons(-)between two cars (it can be test drive )

we learn what lost and what win

thx

Last edited by drexappeal; 10-31-2006 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Blake P has had both cars (sorry to bring it up, B.). Sedan first, coupe currently. So has Buellwinkle.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by arcwelder

Old 10-31-2006, 05:31 PM

sorry all

I had to ask this question before buying

but really wonder

I try to arrange a test drive but no available time and coming W204 soon test drive with W203 not make a sense.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:32 PM

1976 Volvo 244 DL, 1998 Volvo S90
English please
Old 10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe he asked if people have driven the sedan and coupe and what the comparison is.

I've owned both the C230 coupe and sport sedan. The Coupe has 1" more rear leg room but the rear feels more cramped because of the lower roof line and some tall people may hit their heads. The seats are much harder and less comfortable on the coupe than the sedan. Handling is better on the sport sedan but I lowered my coupe and installed AMG sways so it's comperable. Resale value is comperable, the coupe is cheaper by about $4k so it sells for about $4-6K less for a used one. The coupe has a nice hatch area with fold down split rear seats that makes it useful for transporting larger objects, the sedan has a folding rear option but most don't have this and it's not the same. The coupe had a panorama roof option, the sedan has a traditional moonroof option. The 2004.5 and newer sport sedans have blue tint windows and nicer staggered wheels, the coupe does not. The 2005 and newer sport sedans have the AMG body kit standard, the coupe does not. The coupe is much rarer, sedan much more common. The nice compromise is the C320 wagon, more cargo area and comfort of the sedan and very rare.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
The Coupe and Sedan handle in a very similar fashion, when riding on the same suspension tuning. The Coupe has always felt a little more nimble, and considerably firmer than the sedan. That said, you can't compare different years for a few combinations. The 'direct control' suspension geometry and tuning changes that arrived in 05 are simply fantastic. An earlier sport model car(any coupe, or the sport trim sedans) do NOT handle as good as the later 'direct control' cars.

I prefer the Coupe over the sedan, hands down. I like the styling better, I like the flexibility of the hatch, I like the pano roof, and I like the sportier disposition. I agree with Buellwinkles comments about the seat comfort in the sedan vs. the coupe, but the coupe is actually bigger inside. What really makes a difference for me is ingress, egress and ability to stretch out. The seats don't go back as far in the sedan, and when they are far back, the B pillar is in your way when you get out of the car. The longer doors on the coupe have no such problems, and the extra leg room means I can move the seat back so far, I have to streatch my legs straight out to fully depress the clutch. I'm not that tall at 6 feet, but I do like to be able to stretch my legs in a car. The sedan feels cramped to me.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:35 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
It's apparent he has a tough time with english or is using a translator, I think you all get the general idea of what he's trying to say. No need to bother him about it. Sorry that's all I had to say.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Outland
The Coupe and Sedan handle in a very similar fashion, when riding on the same suspension tuning. The Coupe has always felt a little more nimble, and considerably firmer than the sedan. That said, you can't compare different years for a few combinations. The 'direct control' suspension geometry and tuning changes that arrived in 05 are simply fantastic. An earlier sport model car(any coupe, or the sport trim sedans) do NOT handle as good as the later 'direct control' cars.

I prefer the Coupe over the sedan, hands down. I like the styling better, I like the flexibility of the hatch, I like the pano roof, and I like the sportier disposition. I agree with Buellwinkles comments about the seat comfort in the sedan vs. the coupe, but the coupe is actually bigger inside. What really makes a difference for me is ingress, egress and ability to stretch out. The seats don't go back as far in the sedan, and when they are far back, the B pillar is in your way when you get out of the car. The longer doors on the coupe have no such problems, and the extra leg room means I can move the seat back so far, I have to streatch my legs straight out to fully depress the clutch. I'm not that tall at 6 feet, but I do like to be able to stretch my legs in a car. The sedan feels cramped to me.

Thank you Outland for your reply. You know well both cars (But I do not understand you drive Sedan too) . exactly knowing Direct Control System added after 2005 Model year is good. Because most of owner do not know too much about their cars. for example 2001 W203 did not get 5 stars from EURO NCAP after little change and 2002 model year has 5 stars.This subject do not end. you have pre-facelift coupe but you know it.I searched deeply before buying and maybe I could buy cheaply coupe before 2005 year but I saw two cars are not same.for example E class has Direct Control buillt only after 2007 model year.