C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203/CL203 City Light Thread (LED, HID, bulbs) - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper
Damn tommy that is pretty bad. But not as bad as what i was thinking. Its definitely going to cost you since side mirrors are damaged and repainting. Is he willing to pay full amount to get it repaired since he admited it?

What is that gray substance sitting on your fenders?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by kompressorc230
Damn tommy that is pretty bad. But not as bad as what i was thinking. Its definitely going to cost you since side mirrors are damaged and repainting. Is he willing to pay full amount to get it repaired since he admited it?

What is that gray substance sitting on your fenders?
i don't know, but i hope his insurance will pay me a lot! and now that i got some feedback from Mike, it seems my car has a slight chance to be considered total loss. i don't know what to do, but wait for my claim person to send someone out to check out the damages.

and the gray thing is grease or something; i think i popped his wheel cap or something.. that *******!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:46 AM

2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
if its a write off will they pay for all your mods??? show them all your recipts if u can!!! pictures help as well..... i know it worked when my siR was stolen

GL bra...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:15 AM

a w203 cÖuper
Hey daiso, you might want to reconsider on resizing you sig. I think its quite big. Just a suggestion.

Total loss??? It doesn't look that bad. Looks like some electrical work on the side mirror and cosmetics. I had an accident last year as well and it was on the driver side. SUV hit me on my left side and damaged my door inside/out. I even saw my mirror fly across me when i got hit. Tried to pick it back up but it was on the freeway . Why did they consider it as a total loss btw?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
ouch tommy,

I'm guestimating the damage to be around $3000 or less including labor. no way it's total loss. rim looks like they just need to be washed and polished. front fender doesn't look dented from the pic other than those nasty stuff on it.

Call your insurance agent first and forward all the info you got from the guy that hits you and have the insurance agent contact his insurance company and they will contact you. and then it's waiting game. They will most likely ask you to take the car to a body shop that they recommend, but be sure to stand your ground and take it to the body shop you want. Riverside MB has a body shop of their own I think...not sure OR you can ask Riverside MB where they recommend their customers to take the car to. Their insurance comp will send an adjuster or whatever to the bodyshop to check on the damage and then it's basically cat and mouse (fix this and not that...fix that and not this ****)

why the hell do you look like a chick in the reflection? rofl...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
that's no where near a total loss.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
damn Tommy... just read what happened, this sucks bro..... Hope everything works out for ya....
Old 10-07-2008, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
i don't know, but i hope his insurance will pay me a lot! and now that i got some feedback from Mike, it seems my car has a slight chance to be considered total loss. i don't know what to do, but wait for my claim person to send someone out to check out the damages.

and the gray thing is grease or something; i think i popped his wheel cap or something.. that *******!
judging from the pics, it doesn't look as bad as you described. It looks like the gash in the rear door looks deep enough to the point where it probably needs to be replaced. I say probably new rear door, side skirt and side mirror. The fender looks like it can just be repainted. I think it'll be higher then $3k. I say it'll probably closer to $5-6k. You can even make the case to get the whole car repainted because if you paint one side its going to look off. Given that one side will have fresh paint and the other side has had 7yrs to fade from the sun.

I would definately have them fix at a oem dealership..no shops. If you decide to trade in your car in the future they might use a paint tester to see if its been repainted. I would rather have oems work on it so you know its oem quality paint and not run the risk of losing value on your trade in.

No, not all dealerships check this, but I know some do. The porsche dealership checked the paint on my friends BMW 330ci to see if it was repainted when he was trading it in for his 911.

Edmunds lists the current market price for a 2001 c320 as $14k retail. Usually if you have damage up to 50% or more on the current market value of the car, you could get hit with a salvage title.

Just make sure if they do decide to fix it, it will keep a clean title record or it will destroy your resale value.

So clean title or totaled..either one.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
wow that sucks, wish you good luck and hope to see it back in action soon
Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM

2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
Originally Posted by kompressorc230
Hey daiso, you might want to reconsider on resizing you sig. I think its quite big. Just a suggestion.

Total loss??? It doesn't look that bad. Looks like some electrical work on the side mirror and cosmetics. I had an accident last year as well and it was on the driver side. SUV hit me on my left side and damaged my door inside/out. I even saw my mirror fly across me when i got hit. Tried to pick it back up but it was on the freeway . Why did they consider it as a total loss btw?
your right.... not a total loss and sig is gone
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
thanks for all the input guys. i'm hoping its not going to be considered total, especially since the 01 w203s are worth total **** right now. but i'm hoping to get at least a good sum to repair it and hopefully, just hopefully i can get a whole new paintjob.. that would rock *****! hopefully they'll cover the refinishing of my rim, but i don't think they'll cover since it' aftermarket.

just one question dudes; their insurance company is going to front me the money right, and not mine? let mee know and TIA
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM

2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
in canada in would be your insurance companys money but your rate wont go up... states might be different.... if the other guy takes the blame you "should" have no problems.... just b*tch at them cuz if ur rims are scuffed they will pay its not your fault
Old 10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks for all the input guys. i'm hoping its not going to be considered total, especially since the 01 w203s are worth total **** right now. but i'm hoping to get at least a good sum to repair it and hopefully, just hopefully i can get a whole new paintjob.. that would rock *****! hopefully they'll cover the refinishing of my rim, but i don't think they'll cover since it' aftermarket.

just one question dudes; their insurance company is going to front me the money right, and not mine? let mee know and TIA
depends on your insurance company. if its ruled 100% his fault (it should be since he admitted guilt) your insurance company can front you the money and collect it from there insurance company later. Some will wait until the other insurance company pays up.

If you have the receipts for the rims, then they should cover it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
depends on your insurance company. if its ruled 100% his fault (it should be since he admitted guilt) your insurance company can front you the money and collect it from there insurance company later. Some will wait until the other insurance company pays up.

damn.. no receipt,
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o

damn.. no receipt. bought it off lancemb in person. um what bout other parts? will i be able to use paypal history or ebay history as receipts?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM

2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
damn.. no receipt. bought it off lancemb in person. um what bout other parts? will i be able to use paypal history or ebay history as receipts?
Cant hurt.... it is still proof of purchase
Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you can probably get away with the ebay purchases, not sure about paypal. But its totally up to your insurance provider, no real standard here other then internal corporate policy.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
that place looks awfully familiar...
looking good tommy!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by daiso'
Cant hurt.... it is still proof of purchase
you can probably get away with the ebay purchases, not sure about paypal. But its totally up to your insurance provider, no real standard here other then internal corporate policy.
goddamn, but won't they have to pay up for refinishing my wheel? i mean, it is his fault, so his insurance will have to cough it up right?
Originally Posted by MJ50
that place looks awfully familiar...
looking good tommy!
lol, it was thanks to you and roland mannn! where you been mj?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

goddamn, but won't they have to pay up for refinishing my wheel? i mean, it is his fault, so his insurance will have to cough it up right?

lol, it was thanks to you and roland mannn! where you been mj?
its all up to the insurance company..what did the adjuster say?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
its all up to the insurance company..what did the adjuster say?
he called me today to set up an appointment, but i was at the bank opening a account. called him back and left him a VM. just waiting now.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
Sorry to hear about your car. All that work to get hit by a stupid driver. Sounds like the same situation as C24owner with his car when that beast of a girl hit him, haha!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:04 AM

2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
just complain until you get what you want eventually they know they have to pay for it....
Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Question Their insurance called me...

and they told me they accept the liability, along with giving me money for the rental that i would need. what should i do now? they told me to go to their collision shop for an estimate, and then we'll see from there. they also said they would write a check for me, covering their supposed "cost" for the damage, and then if i need more they would send it to the body shop. what should i do guys? should i still go to the mercedes dealership to have them checked out? and also go to my own personal shops to get quotes? let me know guys, i'm lost.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

and they told me they accept the liability, along with giving me money for the rental that i would need. what should i do now? they told me to go to their collision shop for an estimate, and then we'll see from there. they also said they would write a check for me, covering their supposed "cost" for the damage, and then if i need more they would send it to the body shop. what should i do guys? should i still go to the mercedes dealership to have them checked out? and also go to my own personal shops to get quotes? let me know guys, i'm lost.
well...they don't need to accept liability when the guy already admitted liability. Since the guy admitted liability, his insurance is 100% liable..period.

They know its a mercedes and its going to be expensive to fix. They also know your young, so they think they can buy you off quick...so it'll be cheaper for them. Just wait for your adjusters report.

Getting more money out of insurance company once you already signed the claim is difficult.

Just make sure the estimates your adjuster and the other insurance match at least. OEM dealerships tend to be the most expensive. Since its not coming out of your pocket Tommy, i would just have the dealership fix it. Also make sure you talk to the dealership about some of the aspects i spoke to you on the phone about when there making the quote.

Don't sign anything until your comfortable with the amount or the way its going to be fixed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 City Light Thread (LED, HID, bulbs) - All you want to know