C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Another hairbrained Idea for my C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Desert Silver Mercedes Benz C240
Another hairbrained Idea for my C240

I've been contemplating buying a new car and each time I can't think of what I would want. Then it hit me why don't i just save the money up and do an engine conversion! And no not to another whimpy MB motor.....LS1 or LS2 coupled to a T-56 Tranny, Custom driveshaft and upgraded rear with LSD!

Yeah I know it wouldnt be easy and would probably be alot of fab work, but hey how many people can say they have 500+ Hp in their C240!!!!

I think there is more than enough room under the hood for it! What do you guys think?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

Sacriledge

Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 PM

2009 C300, 2009 B200
It won't be a C240 after you swapped engine :|
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Onizuka
It won't be a C240 after you swapped engine :|
Thats only a MINOR technicality plus if the manufacturer can do it......so can I!!!
I think it would ultimately make the C240 better, and more fun. If you can do it to RX-7, 240/280Z, and a whole slew of other cars, why not this one?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch

Sacriledge

MB aren't sacred, they are nice.....no where close to sacred. So you're
Old 11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
dude......no!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
dude......no!
Dude.........YES!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by RedlineTA
MB aren't sacred, they are nice.....no where close to sacred. So you're
It takes one to know one.

Thats only a MINOR technicality plus if the manufacturer can do it......so can I!!!
I think it would ultimately make the C240 better, and more fun. If you can do it to RX-7, 240/280Z, and a whole slew of other cars, why not this one?
Does your diet consist of

because you are definitely in the fast lane on this one.

P.S.
Don't ask if you suspect you won't like the answer.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Dude...who are you. You come in here with a handful of posts so no established credibility in the forums. You have nothing in your signature or profile indicating any credentials to qualify you to perform the type of job you are talking about. You breakout this idea that you know a group of mercedes enthusiests are going to disapprove of and then you insult the car. What kind of response did you expect?

I think it is a senseless idea and will cost more to pull off than it's worth. Futhermore, I don't beleive that you possess the talent or skill to do it.

What do you think about that?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

It takes one to know one.

Does your diet consist of

because you are definitely in the fast lane on this one.

P.S.
Don't ask if you suspect you won't like the answer.
I didn't expect a rush of applause for thinking outside the box on this one.So I don't really care if you like it or not. I was wondering what OPEN minded people would think. They have done it to BMW 3-Series which are comparable to the C-Class, so I don't see why the C-Class is any different. And motor conversion doesn't make it rice.

Rice are automobiles with cosmetic modifications that don't change the performance of the vehicle at all. Where as a MOTOR conversion changes the performance of the vehicle completely. Many people have done this, including Mercedes Benz race teams (albeit with their own engines).
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
WELLLLLLLLLLLL!

Aside from all the hostility floatin round, considering the possible release of the C63 stackin a crazy 502hp, why th hell not?!

This can be his project... Kinda like Tokyo Drift... swamp out a JDM Motor into a '69 Stallion... I agree... Sacralidge. but ehh, its somethin different. I think it would be kick *** to hear that thing fire up. oooooo goose bumps. haha.

I say go for it! [Partially because, who am I to tell him what he does iwth his car/money] Kinda like the few that float around here with intentions of slappin a Turbo Kit on their C's. We all know it costs an imense amount of money, but let em do it. Enjoy your OWN C's. We're all enthused about cars, thats obvious [thats why we're on this forum]

enjoy and try to control the hositility people.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I didn't expect a rush of applause for thinking outside the box on this one.So I don't really care if you like it or not. I was wondering what OPEN minded people would think. They have done it to BMW 3-Series which are comparable to the C-Class, so I don't see why the C-Class is any different. And motor conversion doesn't make it rice.

Rice are automobiles with cosmetic modifications that don't change the performance of the vehicle at all. Where as a MOTOR conversion changes the performance of the vehicle completely. Many people have done this, including Mercedes Benz race teams (albeit with their own engines).
Great, go spend daddy's money. Its obvious you haven't thought this through: SPACE, STRESSES, WEIGHT, ETC.

While you are dreaming; maybe you can STFF the forum/web for someone that tried a horrendous engine mod on his C-class MB and afterwards wound up..................... And thats for you to find out.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Dude...who are you. You come in here with a handful of posts so no established credibility in the forums. You have nothing in your signature or profile indicating any credentials to qualify you to perform the type of job you are talking about. You breakout this idea that you know a group of mercedes enthusiests are going to disapprove of and then you insult the car. What kind of response did you expect?

I think it is a senseless idea and will cost more to pull off than it's worth. Futhermore, I don't beleive that you possess the talent or skill to do it.

What do you think about that?

Well here since you guys are soooo bent on info. My name is Charles and I go to the Rochester Institute of Technology for Mechanical Engineering. I am a second year there. I have come into owning a 2001 Mercedes Benz C240.

I didn't break out the idea to offend. And there is really no reason an enthusiast should be offended because as an enthusiast I find myself wanting to improve on whatever I was given from the factory. No car is perfect.

People said alot of ideas where senseless that proved to be very lucrative. Bill Gates's parents said that computers were worthless....look how that turned out. Also, I know I don't have all the necessary skills to do the complete job, thats why they have fabrication shops and etc. Also, I know it won't be cheap, but foraying into unknown territory never is cheap.

I see no reason for anyone to get offended because of a simple idea about a motor change. Thats like getting in an uproar if they decided to take the motor out of an SLR and cram it into a C320.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Great, go spend daddy's money. Its obvious you haven't thought this through: SPACE, STRESSES, WEIGHT, ETC.

While you are dreaming; maybe you can STFF the forum/web for someone that tried a horrendous engine mod on his C-class MB and afterwards wound up..................... And thats for you to find out.

A. This wouldn't be daddy's money, but thank you for that assumption

B. Those are things that will be examined before the build even started.

C. What happens happens....experience is the best teacher.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Your education does not qualify you for the task at hand. I have been around the custom car scene my entire life. I have seen amazing projects come out of virtually every kind of car imaginable. I am familiar with the people who build them and they all fall into a clique, all possessing similar traits. Those who can pull it off don't approach it the way you appear to be.

If you really think you can...step away from the computer, head to your garage, and come back when you have some progress. I will applaud a noble attempt as such a modification, but have a hard time entertaining a kid using his education in mechanical engineering and a comparison to Bill Gates as seriously contemplating such an idea..
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Your education does not qualify you for the task at hand. I have been around the custom car scene my entire life. I have seen amazing projects come out of virtually every kind of car imaginable. I am familiar with the people who build them and they all fall into a clique, all possessing similar traits. Those who can pull it off don't approach it the way you appear to be.

If you really think you can...step away from the computer, head to your garage, and come back when you have some progress. I will applaud a noble attempt as such a modification, but have a hard time entertaining a kid using his education in mechanical engineering and a comparison to Bill Gates as seriously contemplating such an idea..

Well I wasn't using my education as a justification for my attempt. And I have been contemplating such an idea seriously. Also, I resent the kid remark especially since a "kid" probably would've cussed this whole board out and left without discussing this civilly.

And though you say many of them have similar traits and approaches, you are unable to judge mine seeing as how you are insinuating my traits and approaches. The Bill Gates remark was the simplest comparison I could think of.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM

Mine 2005 C230 Kompressor, Dad's 2005 ML350
Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
WELLLLLLLLLLLL!

Aside from all the hostility floatin round, considering the possible release of the C63 stackin a crazy 502hp, why th hell not?!

This can be his project... Kinda like Tokyo Drift... swamp out a JDM Motor into a '69 Stallion... I agree... Sacralidge. but ehh, its somethin different. I think it would be kick *** to hear that thing fire up. oooooo goose bumps. haha.

I say go for it! [Partially because, who am I to tell him what he does iwth his car/money] Kinda like the few that float around here with intentions of slappin a Turbo Kit on their C's. We all know it costs an imense amount of money, but let em do it. Enjoy your OWN C's. We're all enthused about cars, thats obvious [thats why we're on this forum]

Ive gotta agree, an idea was tossed up in the air and thats what forums are for, discussing, I like the idea, who cares whether hell do it or not and what business of yours is it whos money he uses, he didnt insult benz, I love my car but its far from sacred. You guys need to take a chill pill. Redline, you know anyone with the last name Ibric, he should be in second year at RIT as well, and dont pay any mind to these old timers, if you actually did this they would be , but they want to squash a radical idea, and it is radical, but so was taking a c32amg motor and sticking it into a c-coupe on stick and someone on the forum did that, nobody questioned his funds and noone called him a ricer, because redline wants to use a big v8 instead of a benz built motor hes your, no your wrong
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
WELLLLLLLLLLLL!

Sorry I missed this post haha. But yeah to each his own, I can see how you can think its "Tokyo drift" but I don't intend on being an ******* and diving in and out of lanes with this thing. I see it as an interesting challenge and investment. Plus ANYONE can buy a C from the factory, but what you do to it makes it your own. I view a car as an expression of self.

Plus, it would be bad hearing the roar of a nasty V8 out of a C240.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by StillKickin

Ive gotta agree, an idea was tossed up in the air and thats what forums are for, discussing, I like the idea, who cares whether hell do it or not and what business of yours is it whos money he uses, he didnt insult benz, I love my car but its far from sacred. You guys need to take a chill pill. Redline, you know anyone with the last name Ibric, he should be in second year at RIT as well, and dont pay any mind to these old timers, if you actually did this they would be , but they want to squash a radical idea, and it is radical, but so was taking a c32amg motor and sticking it into a c-coupe on stick and someone on the forum did that, nobody questioned his funds and noone called him a ricer, because redline wants to use a big v8 instead of a benz built motor hes your, no your wrong
this is reminding me of a controlling govt. regime....big brother even

If you can do it, what's stopping you?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by StillKickin

Hmmmm i might actually know him, ill check my facebook haha. Also they aren't old timers at least any older than me.Brunelleschi is 26 which is only 6 yrs on me so he has no right to be calling me kid.

Also, money is meant to be spent. So me sitting on it wouldnt be any good, also me buying another car wouldn't make any sense because why can't I have the best of both worlds? I like luxury, but I also like raw power...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
The LSx family of motors are awesome in performance applications, its been proven in many swaps.

I just always thought MBZs are too nice of cars to swap domestic and cheaper engines into (don't get me wrong, I already said the LSx motors are great performance motors).

It would also require quite a bit of work I presume.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by newton22
The LSx family of motors are awesome in performance applications, its been proven in many swaps.

I just always thought MBZs are too nice of cars to swap domestic and cheaper engines into (don't get me wrong, I already said the LSx motors are great performance motors).

Haha, its all good. Interestingly enough both companies put about the same amount of money into engineering for their motors especially the high end motors. Just because MB projects the image that they cater to a certain class of driver doesn't mean that their motors are more valuable. But hey this is open to interpretation.

It would require a significant amount of work, but at the end the return would be insurmountable in my eyes. So I'll accept the risk of failure.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Mine 2005 C230 Kompressor, Dad's 2005 ML350
Originally Posted by newton22

A Motor is a motor, some are better at what they do some are worse, some end up in GMs and some in m-benz ...just cause a motor ends up in a cheaper car doesnt mean it cant to its job as well or better as the motor that ended up in the more expensive cars, alot of those american v8s are just plain bulletproof
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Well I wasn't using my education as a justification for my attempt. And I have been contemplating such an idea seriously. Also, I resent the kid remark especially since a "kid" probably would've cussed this whole board out and left without discussing this civilly.

And though you say many of them have similar traits and approaches, you are unable to judge mine seeing as how you are insinuating my traits and approaches. The Bill Gates remark was the simplest comparison I could think of.
I'm just razzing you anyway!

Honestly, I think you will find the job more work than it's worth...but hey...to eachhis own

Pics if you do it
Old 11-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm just razzing you anyway!

Honestly, I think you will find the job more work than it's worth...but hey...to eachhis own

Pics if you do it
If I do it, I'll definately post pictures up. I'll just have to figure out what to do about the MB electronics......:-/ oh well in due time. I plan on building the motor first this summer (the easy part) and doing alot of research.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another hairbrained Idea for my C240