C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 198 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Originally Posted by marzecmike
Seems like the aero 22" blades are longer than the original crud factory put in. I mean it wipes 22" however the body extends quite a bit. I will be playing around with it again and try to adjust the passenger side. This is really frustrating. If I can't get it to work right I will sell the aero arms and blades on ebay and put original arms on and adjust to work with bosh icon or rainx latitude blades.
The passenger side is a linkage for both aero and non-aero. The arm/strut lengths are the same if I remember correctly.

Sorry and no offense, but I'm still of the opinion that those of you with problems simply aren't putting them in correctly.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
oel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 coupe, 335i
Seems like the aero 22" blades are longer than the original crud factory put in. I mean it wipes 22" however the body extends quite a bit. I will be playing around with it again and try to adjust the passenger side. This is really frustrating. If I can't get it to work right I will sell the aero arms and blades on ebay and put original arms on and adjust to work with bosh icon or rainx latitude blades.
i "played" with mine for hours, and they are still sitting in my garage.
Let me know if you can some how get it to work.

As for putting them on incorrectly, there isn't multiple ways to fit the arm on the car. I don't understand how I can put it in incorrectly when there are only 2 holes to line up and then adjust how high or low you want it to sit.
I am going to meet up with slammer111 to compare my wiper arms with his....some day.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
i have a set of Aero Wipers for SALE!! came of a 2006 C230
Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 AM

2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by oel
i "played" with mine for hours, and they are still sitting in my garage.
Let me know if you can some how get it to work.

As for putting them on incorrectly, there isn't multiple ways to fit the arm on the car. I don't understand how I can put it in incorrectly when there are only 2 holes to line up and then adjust how high or low you want it to sit.
I am going to meet up with slammer111 to compare my wiper arms with his....some day.
You are right, there isn't much room to play with, the only thing we adjust is how high or low they should sit. I am pretty good in figuring things out, and this time I'm stuck. Perhaps the mechanism under the plastic moulding needs to be adjusted (if possible), I mean shifted somehow towards driver side, hmm. Anyways I will see a dealer today, hopefully those tech guys will know something, but since I'm in Florida, there could be bunch of dumbasses, I know people in parts dept. are, without vin# they are incapable of figuring out or finding anything even if it's something simple. I'll keep this post updated once I know something more.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Met up with OEL today. His wiper arms are identical to mine.

Just a hunch, I have a panoramic sunroof while he doesn't. He noticed his windshield trim is slightly different from mine as a result. Do you have the panorama?

Last edited by slammer111; 03-23-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 AM

2003 C230 Coupe
Also when I looked at 2005 C230 coupe parked next to mine, I noticed that the blade was slightly more away from the side of the windshield than on mine so it is something beyond just the arm adjustment. His blades were the same exact ones. I forgot to look at some other details, but I will again at the dealer. Could there be variation in the way arm is manufactured? Part #'s on arms from 2004 c230 coupe are the same as the ones from 2005 c230 or 2006 c230 so they have to be the right ones. I'm not crazy about it but in free time I do play with this hopefully I will figure this out, cause if not I'm going back to originals and use Bosch Icons.

Unless someone already figured this out? Slammer111 must have been lucky to get it working right the first time.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM

2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by slammer111
Met up with OEL today. His wiper arms are identical to mine.

Just a hunch, I have a panoramic sunroof while he doesn't. He noticed his windshield trim is slightly different from mine as a result. Do you have the panorama?

I have a panorama sunroof, and yet it still hits the windshield trim, so that's strange. We'll see what we can figure out. I'm working on it too.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dood, I'm not the only one who pulled this off.

Match the part #s. If the part # is the same, the arm must be the same.

I offered to take OEL's aeros home and test-fit them into my own car, but he didn't want to for some reason. Said he'd rather sell them. *shrug* Guess he doesn't want them that badly.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM

2001 C240
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
i have a set of Aero Wipers for SALE!! came of a 2006 C230
PM sent
Old 03-24-2009, 02:00 PM

2003 C230 Coupe
Ok, the dealer was useless, they wouldn't even touch this stuff knowing it was modified from original cause they would feel responsible if they messed it up even more. However I got new set of wipers that were shorter (same wiping area, shorter body) seems like redesigned or something like that, so those plastics at the end were not extending so much and wiper does not touch the windows trim anymore. I'm still going to play around a bit cause at one point I thought I got it set with the old ones, but for now it works great.

Dealer is telling me the part #'s are different for the arms then the ones I use but I have two sets one from 2006 c230 sedan and one from 2004 coupe and they're identical. I think they're full of crap, the part #'s on their computers somehow correspond to pn's on the arms, or something like that. I just left from there cause they were messing with my head alot.

Cheers.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Extracted from the huge facelift upgrades tome I have for ROW. I hope you can make sense of this because it is all that they say regarding the Aero wiper upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
W203faceliftprint 13.pdf (9.3 KB, 581 views)
File Type: pdf
W203faceliftprint 14.pdf (51.1 KB, 1224 views)

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 03-24-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 AM

2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by slammer111
Dood, I'm not the only one who pulled this off.

Match the part #s. If the part # is the same, the arm must be the same.

I offered to take OEL's aeros home and test-fit them into my own car, but he didn't want to for some reason. Said he'd rather sell them. *shrug* Guess he doesn't want them that badly.

OK, I figured it all out. I compared my '06 sedan aero arms with '04 c230 coupe aero arms.

Slammer111 is right about part#'s but not all the way. The arms list more than one part# meaning the individual arm could be any of the part#'s, which means it could be different length as well (strange for MB to do that). Both arms have same exact part#'s listed yet they are different length.
The arms from sedan, at least some of them I guess are not suitable, as they are longer. More specifically the passenger arm, the driver arm is nearly identical.

The passenger arm from '06 sedan was longer about 1.5cm, causing wiper to hit the window trim, I used shorter blade to just barely go around this problem, but I didn't like this solution.

The driver arm from the '06 sedan is almost identical, I looked very carefuly and noticed it's about 3mm shorter, which means nothing really and cannot tell difference overall.

I attached some photos so check them out. Hopefully this will solve some of the problems and help you look for the right part. I suggest looking for aero arms from coupe if that's what you have, more specifically one from '04 since '05 had facelift and don't know if it's the same.

Cheers,
Mike.

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread-passenger.jpg

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread-passenger_pn.jpg

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread-driver.jpg

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread-final1.jpg

Aero Wiper Retrofit Discussion Thread-final2.jpg
Old 03-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Huh! Good post - so they are different - My car came with Aero wipers new in 2003 so I've never had to check. SA build
Old 11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
With inclement weather on its way, fitting fresh wipers seemed appropriate.
Installed OE 203 820 00 45 (24”) and 203 820 01 45 (22”) arm & blade assemblies. >$35 OTD.

The curvature in the passenger side piece (to avoid fouling the windscreen’s pillar/cowl trim),
and the nifty airfoil on the driver’s side work much better than McPart replacement blades in the PO’s arms.

Never thought much of Italy’s Valeo as an OEM supplier. Their wipers, however, can be recommended.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, I figured it all out. I compared my '06 sedan aero arms with '04 c230 coupe aero arms.

Slammer111 is right about part#'s but not all the way. The arms list more than one part# meaning the individual arm could be any of the part#'s, which means it could be different length as well (strange for MB to do that). Both arms have same exact part#'s listed yet they are different length.
The arms from sedan, at least some of them I guess are not suitable, as they are longer. More specifically the passenger arm, the driver arm is nearly identical.

Cheers,
Mike.
Oh wow, I stand corrected. To those of you new to MB.. this is MB for you.

Interesting enough, my wiper arms came off a sedan, and work on my coupe with 22" blades. Yes, it comes very close to the edge of the windshield (as in the blade almost dips into the groove) but I just figured that was just a part of the design.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 PM

2015 ML 250
Guys - I am having shudder issues with the left arm (driver side) it was replaced a little over a year ago. according to MB the spring was not properly placing the arm on the windshield (not the right pressure)

Raining season started here, and the issue resurfaced.

I do see some heavy aid rain deposits on the windshield, which I am going to attempt having it buffed out today.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Two suggestions, aside from cleaning the windshield. There, acid rain won't attack glass, so something like domestic Windex should do the trick, though there are 'streak free' automotive equivalents.

First, take your wipers off the car and wash the blades using soap and water and a soft brush, making sure to remove any deposits on the rubber. Second, dry the cleaned blades and apply a thin film of some silicone-laden rubber protectant like Armorall (one of the few good uses for it that I've found). This procedure should stop chatter and reduce or eliminate streaking.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM

2015 ML 250
Thanks Lars,

Will surely give that a shot.

On another note: I have always use the original MB blades. A while back you would not be able to switch left to right or vice-versa; you could force them - but they would just leave huge streaks (On my first replacement not realizing that I forced them and when they left the streak of soap) I quickly realized that they had sides. They new blades, the ones with the MB emblem to the right in gray, you are able to do so.

I tried a few minutes ago and they left no streaks.

I am also giving that a try and seeing what comes of that.

A bit weird.