C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Crashed my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please check your e-mail / PM..

hope it could help you!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Any updates?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
im afraid not...
my car is still at Busters towing yard. my insurance company's specialty cars inspection unit is still full! i have been w/o a car and busing the last 2 weeks while my baby is rusting away in the rain and cold.

i hope to have it to the bodyshop by mid next week (fingers crossed). i hope there arent any engine damage. i really want her back. there arent any cars out there i want + there is no way i would get enough back to buy another c55/ i miss the car more than i ever thought i would. of course public transit doesnt help.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I'd call the insurance company with sweetness and nice and ask for them to toss you a rental, at least until they have a chance to look at it. I don't think it is any fault of yours that their adjusters are backlogged.

I like public transit in many places. Tokyo, Berlin, and London have great transit systems, but Vancouver is one town I always rent a car.

I hope you get an answer soon.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
no news from cop side??
Old 02-23-2007, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by Moviela
I'd call the insurance company with sweetness and nice and ask for them to toss you a rental, at least until they have a chance to look at it. I don't think it is any fault of yours that their adjusters are backlogged.

I like public transit in many places. Tokyo, Berlin, and London have great transit systems, but Vancouver is one town I always rent a car.

I hope you get an answer soon.

i didnt get replacement car insurance so i am not entitled to a rental car from the insurance company. only way i can get a car is through the bodyshop =\
Old 02-23-2007, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
no news from cop side??

i finally got the police report but it only has so much info on it. basically has a list of everyone involved and thats it! the insurance company has to investigate now and god knows how long that will take. i am not expecting my car back for up to 3 months. as for who will be at fault, well, that could take even longer.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:28 PM

W209 CLK
Good luck to you... ICBC will drag their feet everytime.

I'm guessing you're not a Roadstar member?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:45 PM

Nov 04 W203
Sorry to hear of your accident..In the UK,luxury cars like mercs,porche's etc go through an Accident Exchange Company..they sort all the legal,insurance for both sides and provide you with a loan car identical or close enough ..So sometimes it is cheaper for the insurance co to write it off even if the damage is not as severe bec the cost of the loan car for that duration of repair will actually be more than the cost of a new C55 or similar..Had a friend with a CL500 which said would take about 3 months . So the insurance company just got him a brand new one..and sent to a scrap yard..

Another cool thing is also having write off cover..When i got mine,there was an extra poilicy which covered my car in a writeoff..insurance will pay value of car at that time..this extra insurance would cover the balance right down to the last cent..so you can take that money and go buy another merc..or cross the road and buy a BMW just to **** them off..HA HA..
Old 03-10-2007, 03:40 PM

E500 , G55 , GS300
Good Luck Dealing with ICBC
God Bless you bro
Old 03-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Nov 04 W203
Seeing a Standard C-class damaged is one thing, but for it to happen to a C55 is completely different..Your car is perfection..some of us just dream of owning a C55..we do the mods and so on but it is still not a C55 underneath..The joy that car must bring to you and to see it now must be the worse feeling..A car is never just a car..each of our rides says something about each of us..The faster they sort this out, that baby of yours can be fixed and returned..
I did a testdrive of a C55 last year..and it was the most amazing ride of my life..that was only half hr..you have it for always..WE all are with you in wishing you speedy recovery and minimal repairs and for it to be more cosmetic rather than strctural..That C55 soul needs awakening fast.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by blueserenity777
Seeing a Standard C-class damaged is one thing, but for it to happen to a C55 is completely different..Your car is perfection..some of us just dream of owning a C55..we do the mods and so on but it is still not a C55 underneath..The joy that car must bring to you and to see it now must be the worse feeling..A car is never just a car..each of our rides says something about each of us..The faster they sort this out, that baby of yours can be fixed and returned..
I did a testdrive of a C55 last year..and it was the most amazing ride of my life..that was only half hr..you have it for always..WE all are with you in wishing you speedy recovery and minimal repairs and for it to be more cosmetic rather than strctural..That C55 soul needs awakening fast.
well said, the C55 is just too perfect, hope your car can get fixed soon!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Here is an update:

- insurance estimated the damages at 20k CND
- bodyshop says it will be close to or exceed 30k CDN
- it would have taken 45-50k CND worth of damages to write the car off
- the frame is a mess but since most of the front are bolted on parts it will all be good as new once all the parts are replaced
- the engine appears to have minimal damage but that will be determined once the car gets taken a part
- it's been at the bodyshop for close to 2 weeks now but they wont be able to start work on it for another week
- parts + engine testing and complete repair will likely be done by June at the earliest

I am currently driving my boss' Range Rover atm so it could be worse :P i will have top return his car in a week. The bodyshop is providing a rental car for me once that happens.

i have great lawyer and we will do everything it takes to justify this mess. my insurance company is still "investigating" to see who will be liable. there are not witness so i have to leave it up to the police dept. to tell the truth.

i will update this thread once i know more and of course pictures of my car when i get her back.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by blueserenity777
Well said. i had a c230 for just ovber a year before i had to have a AMG. after driving one i just had ot have it. it was worth the 30k lost for the C230 and i have no regrets. i just cant wait to have her back.

after looking for a new car in case they wrote her off i couldnt find one to match it. nothing in the same class compares. beside being a rare car i still think it's one of the sexier cars on the road.

other cars i was considering:

- IS 350
- BMW 335 Coupe
- Audi S4

*after test driving each one i knew i had to have the C55 back.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"One Man. One Engine."
Originally Posted by 14cue
Here is an update:

- insurance estimated the damages at 20k CND
- bodyshop says it will be close to or exceed 30k CDN
- it would have taken 45-50k CND worth of damages to write the car off
- the frame is a mess but since most of the front are bolted on parts it will all be good as new once all the parts are replaced
- the engine appears to have minimal damage but that will be determined once the car gets taken a part
- it's been at the bodyshop for close to 2 weeks now but they wont be able to start work on it for another week
- parts + engine testing and complete repair will likely be done by June at the earliest

I am currently driving my boss' Range Rover atm so it could be worse :P i will have top return his car in a week. The bodyshop is providing a rental car for me once that happens.

i have great lawyer and we will do everything it takes to justify this mess. my insurance company is still "investigating" to see who will be liable. there are not witness so i have to leave it up to the police dept. to tell the truth.

i will update this thread once i know more and of course pictures of my car when i get her back.
$30K...WOW
Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Nov 04 W203
My local MB dealership has a new General manager who is an AMG fanatic..so imagine going there once in awhile and see AMG's from C,E,S,CLS,CL are lined up by the entrance..it is too much to resist..good thing is I am married and the wife does the job of knocking a bit of sense..but a big part of me, just looks in the rear view mirror driving off the dealership, glancing at a C55..

Audi S4 is rubbish..go for the RS4..massive difference..

I do occasionally..ok..lots of time..do a drive by in the mornings just to get a glance..
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM

w211 e500
Sorry to hear that man.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Dude, I've been away from the board for awhile. Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you get your ride back soon!

Well said. i had a c230 for just ovber a year before i had to have a AMG. after driving one i just had ot have it. it was worth the 30k lost for the C230 and i have no regrets. i just cant wait to have her back.

after looking for a new car in case they wrote her off i couldnt find one to match it. nothing in the same class compares. beside being a rare car i still think it's one of the sexier cars on the road.

other cars i was considering:

- IS 350
- BMW 335 Coupe
- Audi S4

*after test driving each one i knew i had to have the C55 back.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Dude, I've been away from the board for awhile. Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you get your ride back soon!
thanks bro,

i'll get her back in late June or early July. in time for a few months of sunshine before winter hits again.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Talking

QUICK UPDATE:

after 3 months i finally have my car back! god i missed her! she is looking better than ever! i will post pictures very soon...on a down note, my electrical mods were all reset and gone! (DRL off, speed limiter off). i will need to make a trip to sunman to get these back or i can try and find a local shop to do it.

anyway, i thought i would update everyone...pictures to follow.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
QUICK UPDATE:

after 3 months i finally have my car back! god i missed her! she is looking better than ever! i will post pictures very soon...on a down note, my electrical mods were all reset and gone! (DRL off, speed limiter off). i will need to make a trip to sunman to get these back or i can try and find a local shop to do it.

congrads! good to hear you're back
Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome back!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
QUICK UPDATE:

congrats man! thats great news that u finally got it back.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"One Man. One Engine."
QUICK UPDATE:

Excellent. Perfect time for the meets.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
thanks bro,

i'll get her back in late June or early July. in time for a few months of sunshine before winter hits again.
did you spend a week with her on bed after you got her back??

btw, what her name?? can i have her number and date her out??

i wanna feeeeeel her 8

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed my C55