C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Crashed my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Thumbs down Crashed my C55

i'm still in shock it happened. the front of my car is gone! i was going North bound at about 50km/hr last night (9pm) when i was entering an intersection at a green light, all of a sudden i look to my left and i see a silver car headed straight for my driver side door. anyway, long story short i cranked the wheel to the right to avoid him hitting me and ended up smashing into an idle car waiting for the red to turn green going West.

all i know is i will be fighting like hell if they try to pin this on me. the thing that really got me going was this brand new silver ford fusion was a cop! he was undercover and was "clearing the intersection". he didnt have his sirens or lights on but thought it was safe to cut in on a red (i see this happen way too often but at least they had their sirens going!).

i will be without the car for some time. there was not damage within the car that i know of. the windshield is fine and i believe the damage only went 1/4 into the egine bay. however, the hood is completely gone. there was fluids all over the road. the engine would not start after. i looked at the front lip and it appeared to be fine but the engine is definitely a mess. i hit an old GM truck. i dont think i hit him at speeds exceeding 40km hr (it all happened so slow but so fast if that makes sense). his car stood quite high so i ended up going underneath him...it was too dark and my camera phone doesnt have flash so i dont have any pictures of the damage.

what happens now?...i have a meeting with my insurance on monday morning then once both sides have been cleared i will bring it to have it fixed. anyone here from vancouver know if mercedes is considered an ICBC certified shop? as far as i know i think mercedes only replaces and dont think they do repairs. this bites, i highly doubt it will be written off so when i get it back it will never be the same again.

what a nightmare.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by 14cue
i'm still in shock it happened. the front of my car is gone! i was going North bound at about 50km/hr last night (9pm) when i was entering an intersection at a green light, all of a sudden i look to my left and i see a silver car headed straight for my driver side door. anyway, long story short i cranked the wheel to the right to avoid him hitting me and ended up smashing into an idle car waiting for the red to turn green going West.

all i know is i will be fighting like hell if they try to pin this on me. the thing that really got me going was this brand new silver ford fusion was a cop! he was undercover and was "clearing the intersection". he didnt have his sirens or lights on but thought it was safe to cut in on a red (i see this happen way too often but at least they had their sirens going!).

i will be without the car for some time. there was not damage within the car that i know of. the windshield is fine and i believe the damage only went 1/4 into the egine bay. however, the hood is completely gone. there was fluids all over the road. the engine would not start after. i looked at the front lip and it appeared to be fine but the engine is definitely a mess. i hit an old GM truck. i dont think i hit him at speeds exceeding 40km hr (it all happened so slow but so fast if that makes sense). his car stood quite high so i ended up going underneath him...it was too dark and my camera phone doesnt have flash so i dont have any pictures of the damage.

what happens now?...i have a meeting with my insurance on monday morning then once both sides have been cleared i will bring it to have it fixed. anyone here from vancouver know if mercedes is considered an ICBC certified shop? as far as i know i think mercedes only replaces and dont think they do repairs. this bites, i highly doubt it will be written off so when i get it back it will never be the same again.

what a nightmare.
Man, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Did your airbags go off? How do you feel? If they go was running through the intersection, I can't see how they would put it on you. Only thing that sucks is it going on your insurance.

Sorry again. Hope you don't mind, but post pics.

Ed
Old 02-10-2007, 01:31 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Car wil be fixed. Be glad you are ok. Thats all that matters.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
ICBC (Insurance Corp of British Columbia) is pretty good, i don't think I would worry about the car getting fixed. it's going to get taken care of by a reputable shop and get fixed to your satisfaction. Trust me I have had about 1/2 dozen ICBC claims in my lifetime , two of which I was a student here in Florida.

I would worry about you getting the finger. Regardless you tried to avoid the cop, but you didn't hit him. Did he admit fault? Did he stop and stay for the police?

He caused the accident but you don't have proof he caused it. In the states, you would be at fault for hitting the old truck and you would have to pay to get both vehicles fixed.

I hope you and the VPD can work it out and if they pay to fix your car. Great.
Vancouver has really good body shops compared to MIA so fixing ur car shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
Glad you are ok and that is the main thing

Problem is that no matter how good the body shops are they never can get a finish as good as factory and there always seem to be a flaw (dust, sanding marks, orange peel, colour slightly off, non consistant reflection, and my killer - overspray).

The bigger problem lies when you want to sell the car which always makes it much harder. Nobody including I would buy a car that has been hit when there is another car on the market that has not. Unfortunately the seller must take the hit in our pocket books, unless it is a leased car. +1 for leasing

I am in the process of selling my 98 Acura CL and you would not believe the extreme careful checking each of the potential customers have been. Eventhough the car has never been hit or repainted (it is in pristine condition) they are still extremely suspect and search high and low.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Find out if there are cameras at that intersection. Very common now at busy intersections for big cities in the states. You can even look yourself and see if there are any attached to poles, lights, buildings. Were there any witnesses that stepped forward and said they saw the cop/other car enter the intersection against the red light? Glad you're OK, and the car can be either fixed or replaced.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Sorry to hear that you got in an accident. Glad you are alright. I hope they don't pin it on you. Tough situation, but hope for the best.

If the insurance fully covers it, I would check the pricing on body kits and such. Sometimes, it ends up being cheaper for them to get the aftermarket parts and/or the same price, so it can be a chance to upgrade.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Man, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Did your airbags go off? How do you feel? If they go was running through the intersection, I can't see how they would put it on you. Only thing that sucks is it going on your insurance.

Sorry again. Hope you don't mind, but post pics.

Ed
im going to try and get in to the towing lot today to snap some pictures.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by moosejaw

He caused the accident but you don't have proof he caused it. In the states, you would be at fault for hitting the old truck and you would have to pay to get both vehicles fixed.

there were no witnesses. no one bothered to stop and see if i was ok. the truck i hit didnt even know what happened. he knows he had a red and was waiting for it to turn green b/c he was idle. the cop that ran the red and caused the accident did stop and took down all my info. when i asked him why he went through a red with no lights on he said he was clearing the intersect and that was it. he didnt admit ot anything but there is no way in hell they're pinning this on me. but you never know with ICBC. it sucks b/c i was in shock and i wasnt thinking clearly.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by mleskovar
Find out if there are cameras at that intersection. Very common now at busy intersections for big cities in the states. You can even look yourself and see if there are any attached to poles, lights, buildings. Were there any witnesses that stepped forward and said they saw the cop/other car enter the intersection against the red light? Glad you're OK, and the car can be either fixed or replaced.
nope, no cameras. i know that intersection every well. i'm fine physically but this really hurt. like all of us, i love my car and it was such a sad sight watching it get pulled away.

Last edited by 14cue; 02-10-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Sorry to hear that you got in an accident. Glad you are alright. I hope they don't pin it on you. Tough situation, but hope for the best.

If the insurance fully covers it, I would check the pricing on body kits and such. Sometimes, it ends up being cheaper for them to get the aftermarket parts and/or the same price, so it can be a chance to upgrade.
i dont think i will put anything buut OEM on the car. there is a mercedes bodyshop in town. they're 'supposed' to be Mercedes but i dont know if they send off certian parts to be repaired by a 3rd party - i hope not!!!

i was in the process of getting Coilovers this weekend too but none of that matters anymore.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
i dont think i will put anything buut OEM on the car. there is a mercedes bodyshop in town. they're 'supposed' to be Mercedes but i dont know if they send off certian parts to be repaired by a 3rd party - i hope not!!!

i was in the process of getting Coilovers this weekend too but none of that matters anymore.
Either way, you're still alive and you can actually share your experience. That's something anybody can appreciate.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Terrence, I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. As others have said, the main thing is that you are alive and well. Engine damage can get quite expensive (especially AMG), so don't be surprised if the relatively minimal damage ends up getting your car totalled. Pretty much everyone who saw my car after the accident assumed it would be fixed, but once they added up the repair bill it was easily totalled. Take care bro.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
@drex,

thanks bro. def. the only thing the matters is my health.

@Blake,

thanks for the kind words bro. this bites but nothing i can do and i am not going to sit here and think about what if's. it's over and now it's time to move forward. i'll keep you posted with my insurance claim. i dont know what i want; a new car or a repair...i dont think i will be given enough to find the same car =\
Old 02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
@drex,
i dont think i will be given enough to find the same car =\
Sadly, that's generally the case. Just be patient cuz it won't likely be a quick process.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

@drex,

thanks bro. def. the only thing the matters is my health.

@Blake,

thanks for the kind words bro. this bites but nothing i can do and i am not going to sit here and think about what if's. it's over and now it's time to move forward. i'll keep you posted with my insurance claim. i dont know what i want; a new car or a repair...i dont think i will be given enough to find the same car =\
Yup. If there's one person that knows it, it's Blake. Man, I still flashback to when he posted the pics and remember feeling like it was completely surreal. All the work he had done to that sedan. Then again, he wouldn't have as nice a coupe as he does now!

See, good ended up coming out of it, even though it was unfortunate and bad timing back then.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
From what your story has told me (I don't know the policeman's story). I would honestly file a lawsuit against your local police force and city government. The police is supposed to protect and serve you. That day, the incompetent policeman nearly cost you your life as side impacts are very threatening.

I assumed that the police man driving the silver Ford is not denying his running of the red light.

I would sue the police and government department, you would likely be able to obtain many cars from your settlement.

Most importantly that everyone is alright, especially yourself and the trunk driver. What if the undercover policeman had forced you to run over a person! Make sure you mention that in court!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
damn man, that sucks! sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're ok.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Ugh, that sucks. Glad you're alright - the car can be replaced or repaired...

-j0hn
Old 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM

'14 CLA 45
sorry to hear that. thx for your help in my other thread. I hope it'll turn out all good for you.

btw - i hate them stupid cops too, although I have never been pulled over before
Old 02-10-2007, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Dammit I hate when I hear news about this kind of stuff. Terrence, let me know if there's anything we can do to help. Glad you're safe, but what BS with that undercover cop...
Old 02-10-2007, 05:12 PM

cclass05
damn that sucks i cant believe this happened to ur car i liked the picz but the car will still look good after fixed.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Wow, that sucks really bad. Sorry to hear. Hope everything goes well.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
sorry to hear that...
Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OMG, WTF?

Sorry to hear about the accident Terrence. Glad to hear you're okay. At least the cop stopped. Hopefully he's honest and admits what happened.

How's the front grille? If it's okay you can paint it after all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed my C55