C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

OEM AMG Front Bumper on a 2002 C320 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
OEM AMG Front Bumper on a 2002 C320 Sedan

I'm currently looking at this item offered by rlee02135.
https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/181869-w203-body-kit-amg-front-rieger-rear.html
But, my car is still completely stock and I'm a little iffy on a few possible issues.
1.) My car is stock, so will just 1 AMG piece look weird w/o the skirts and rear? I'm afraid the bottom of the front bumper is going to be lower than the rest of the car, so when you look at it from the side, it'll be tacky)
2.) Anyone know the OEM dealer price of the mesh?
3.) Do I need a different type of fogs to fit this new bumper? If so, OEM price?
4.) Any any possible fitment/visual issues that I should be aware of?

I'm not doubting rlee02135's product, it's just I got my car a few weeks ago, this will be my first substantial mod and I don't want to mess it up.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
it will not look weird at all...
u need mesh and few extra parts... forgot what they called...
u need amg fogs... u can get them from www.MBenzNL.com
Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
Originally Posted by mj50
it will not look weird at all...
u need mesh and few extra parts... forgot what they called...
u need amg fogs... u can get them from www.MBenzNL.com
Hei mj,

What springs or suspension do you have on your W203? It looks nicely dropped..
Old 02-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by GPI
Hei mj,

What springs or suspension do you have on your W203? It looks nicely dropped..
TEIN Basic
Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by kevblah
I'm currently looking at this item offered by rlee02135.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=181869
But, my car is still completely stock and I'm a little iffy on a few possible issues.
1.) My car is stock, so will just 1 AMG piece look weird w/o the skirts and rear? I'm afraid the bottom of the front bumper is going to be lower than the rest of the car, so when you look at it from the side, it'll be tacky)
2.) Anyone know the OEM dealer price of the mesh?
3.) Do I need a different type of fogs to fit this new bumper? If so, OEM price?
4.) Any any possible fitment/visual issues that I should be aware of?

I'm not doubting rlee02135's product, it's just I got my car a few weeks ago, this will be my first substantial mod and I don't want to mess it up.
1) It won't look weird, better from the front; un-noticed from the back; okay from the side. But yes, the front will be 'slightly' lower.

2) Dealer price of the mesh is - $168 for the middle (1); $124 for the sides (2). I brought mine on eBay for $90 for all three (including shipping).

3) Yeah, you need AMG fog lights (difference is they are round, not square) - Formymercedes.com is easier than www.MBenzNL.com, just because it's local (U.S.) and you can call or order online ($350 for the pair of clear fog-lights).

4) Fitment issues -- you will need a reinforcement bar (goes behind the bumper) to support the AMG bumper and to install. I can give you the part number if I can find it... The price was $150 at my Mercedes-Benz Dealer.

Also a couple of questions to note (if you haven't brought the bumper yet), if your car has headlight washers, make sure you get an AMG bumper with the holes cut out already. Secondly, you'll need a bracket for your license plate (to mount on the bumper). And there are a few more little questions... oh, the waldings, can be reused from your current bumper, as well as the side markers (lights). Anyway, good luck!

Oh and the front bumper cover at the dealership costs $1,100. I THINK the C32 bumper (for some reason) is more expensive than the normal C-Class Sport's AMG bumper, I'm not sure why, but I believe when he pulled up the part number using a C32's VIN the price came up different. So it could be $1,300.

Lastly, it's worth noting, the rear bumper is much easier to install (nothing needed), whenever you get one.

Tee_Tz.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
i got the AMG license plate holder for sale

yo Tee you finish your car yet?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
i got the AMG license plate holder for sale

yo Tee you finish your car yet?
Nope, hopefully end of this week, I'ma have the pictures up as soon as it's done. I decided to do everything at once man -- '05 Center grille, AMG bodykit (all), door sills, spoiler, all that... Just need NAV!

THEN we can link up and do a photo shoot with our 320's; although yours is still out-classing me!

Tee_Tz.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by tee_tz
1) It won't look weird, better from the front; un-noticed from the back; okay from the side. But yes, the front will be 'slightly' lower.

2) Dealer price of the mesh is - $168 for the middle (1); $124 for the sides (2). I brought mine on eBay for $90 for all three (including shipping).

3) Yeah, you need AMG fog lights (difference is they are round, not square) - Formymercedes.com is easier than www.MBenzNL.com, just because it's local (U.S.) and you can call or order online ($350 for the pair of clear fog-lights).

4) Fitment issues -- you will need a reinforcement bar (goes behind the bumper) to support the AMG bumper and to install. I can give you the part number if I can find it... The price was $150 at my Mercedes-Benz Dealer.

Also a couple of questions to note (if you haven't brought the bumper yet), if your car has headlight washers, make sure you get an AMG bumper with the holes cut out already. Secondly, you'll need a bracket for your license plate (to mount on the bumper). And there are a few more little questions... oh, the waldings, can be reused from your current bumper, as well as the side markers (lights). Anyway, good luck!

Oh and the front bumper cover at the dealership costs $1,100. I THINK the C32 bumper (for some reason) is more expensive than the normal C-Class Sport's AMG bumper, I'm not sure why, but I believe when he pulled up the part number using a C32's VIN the price came up different. So it could be $1,300.

Lastly, it's worth noting, the rear bumper is much easier to install (nothing needed), whenever you get one.

Tee_Tz.
Thank you very much for all of that valuable information. So, let me compile a list of things I need in addition to the bumper:
Painting + Fitting at Body Shop
3 Pieces of Mesh
AMG Fogs
Reinforcement Bar
License Plate Bracket

So, with all of those things, my bumper should be complete, right? I just don't want to leave anything out in my evaluation.

Look on the first post of this topic, there's a link to a picture of the AMG bumper I'm looking at, it doesn't look like it's got the cutout hole for the headlamp washers...
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400

Look on the first post of this topic, there's a link to a picture of the AMG bumper I'm looking at, it doesn't look like it's got the cutout hole for the headlamp washers...
rlee's bumper DOES have the cutouts for the washers. I had to cut the holes for mine.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
Nope, hopefully end of this week, I'ma have the pictures up as soon as it's done. I decided to do everything at once man -- '05 Center grille, AMG bodykit (all), door sills, spoiler, all that... Just need NAV!

THEN we can link up and do a photo shoot with our 320's; although yours is still out-classing me!

Tee_Tz.
Nah my car is regular
i switch my coilovers last weekend i got KW-V2 suspension
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
rlee's bumper DOES have the cutouts for the washers. I had to cut the holes for mine.
thanks for clarifying that with me, i wasnt entirely sure
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
heres the mesh: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...87285829QQrdZ1
Old 02-27-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Lol, i had the same one on watch list, thanks though.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG

Thank you very much for all of that valuable information. So, let me compile a list of things I need in addition to the bumper:
Painting + Fitting at Body Shop
3 Pieces of Mesh
AMG Fogs
Reinforcement Bar
License Plate Bracket

So, with all of those things, my bumper should be complete, right? I just don't want to leave anything out in my evaluation.

But does your car even have headlight washers? If so they're useless to you, I was just pointing out what you'll need to do if you do have them and the bumper doesn't (but in this case the bumper does).

What's up with all the icons?

Tee_Tz.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
But does your car even have headlight washers? If so they're useless to you, I was just pointing out what you'll need to do if you do have them and the bumper doesn't (but in this case the bumper does).

What's up with all the icons?

Tee_Tz.
yeah, i forgot to add in that my car does have headlight washers, lol sorry. i thought they came standard on the 320