C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

SERVICE B and some warranty work.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White C230 Coupe, Leather, Evolution, Panorama, Heated seats, Bose, Factory Alarm
Post SERVICE B and some warranty work.

2002 C230K coupe Service updates.

I just took my car into the shop this morning for SERVICE B to be done on my car.
SERVICE B costs $372.73 Canadian (15800 KMs on my Odometer)
SERVICE A costed $204.53 ( done at 7900 KMs)

I also had my car set to the "Norway" settings so that the car will "chirp chirp chirp" while locking and "chirp" while unlocking. I am so glad its actually a "chirp" sound and not the HONK of the Horn. I should've had this done a LONG time ago. This was done for me for FREE!!!

Warranty work on several problems:

1) Suspension making a 'hollow' kind of noise as if there's something loose in the suspension.
Problem was determined to be caused by defective front struts.

2) A 'whining' noise can heard when I am travelling steadily at 80kph.
Problem is detemined to be a defective rear differential.

Solutions:
The front struts and a completely NEW rear differential is being ordered from Germany. They will be installed when it arrives in about 2-3 weeks.

I am absolutely HAPPY with the service. The service reps were great and I can't wait for the suspension and the differential to be fixed on my car. The noises were irritating the Hell out of me and I was afraid that the Service techs won't be able to hear it and to tell me that there's nothing wrong with me car.

While I was chatting with the service rep, he mention that the most common problem with the C230's are the faulty fuel sensors. It seems like some cars were fitted with an OLDER model fuel sensor that does not work properly on the C230K. The fix is to replace it with the new fuel sensor. Otherwise he said that the C230's have been very reliable.

Anyways... I will give another update when the front struts and the rear diff has been replaced.

Old 09-24-2002, 09:53 PM

White C230 Coupe, Leather, Evolution, Panorama, Heated seats, Bose, Factory Alarm
Post more info..

oh...
I saw the order papers for the Front Struts and the Rear Differential.

Front Struts cost $275.00

Rear Differential cost $3750.00

All in Canadian Dollars of course.

I wonder why they need to write down the price of the replacement parts but they were there on the order papers.

I'm glad these are being replaced under warranty.

Old 09-25-2002, 02:31 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
I thought Service A is done at 15000kms and Service B is done at 30000kms.
Why you wanna service your car that early??
Old 09-25-2002, 09:31 AM

The Glass is Half Full

Are all Canadains optimistic ?
A New Yorker would be pissed to buy a new Mercedes, and within the first year have a bad rear differential and bad struts ...doesn't say too much good about MB quality !
Old 09-25-2002, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Not to mention that a New Yorker would raise hell for having to PAY for a or b service!!! (well during the first 4 years anyhow)
Old 09-25-2002, 11:38 AM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
I thought all scheduled services are free under 4 yrs/50k miles...including oil changes. Am I wrong? Its a big reason why I bought the C coupe (delivery Friday). Any answer is appreciated.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:04 PM

American cars come with included service for the first 4 years or 50K miles. Our neighbors to the north do not get the service, but also don't get the American-sized price tag...
Old 10-23-2002, 10:41 PM

Unhappy Update on my warranty service..

My parts came in last week... and my appointment is today.

I took the car in for service at 7:30 AM prior to work.

Items replaced:

Front Struts
Rear Differential
and
Air Flow Mass Sensor (my engine light came on and this was determined to be the reason)

I recieved a call from the service rep at 4:00PM and he told me that the car is not fixed yet. They are still working on the differential and the car will be fixed tomorrow afternoon. I inquired about a loaner car since I need a vehicle to get to work. He said that they do NOT have any loaners available and I have to make other arrangements for transportation.

Luckily my manager allowed me to use one of our company's vehicle due to my predicament.

I am dissapointed that I could NOT get a loaner vehicle.

The dealership is Lone Star Mercedes in Calgary, Alberta.

ALSO

I hope that I don't have to bring my car back for the ESP/ABS problem in the future... the ESP/ABS light has come on twice but went away... and the service techs were unable to find a problem.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
Hey Yellow_Fly, sorry to hear about your problems. Hope they will get it Fixed for you quickly. I also have close to 13K on the car without any problems to report(knock on wood). That rear diff. noise you got,when did it start to happen and did they say if it was commen on these car's? Now you got me worried. Keep us posted on the work they did. thanks..