C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

BLK, Sportcoupe and new B Class all on W204/W205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
BLK, Sportcoupe and new B Class all on W204/W205?

Interesting article at Autobild suggesting that with the demise of the A Class, the current B Class may spawn a "BLK" Coupe, or the next B CLass, BLK and SportCoupe will all be on the C Class chassis. Its implied that MB might want a C Class based B and BLK because of the larger engines these cars could use, over the relatively small 2.0L Turbo that's all the B Class can handle.

The illustration isn't much, its obviously a bash of recent design cues. Still, its an interesting read. I like the idea of the BLK if its C Class based...not so much if its just an understeering FWD turd based on the current A/B Class.

http://www.autobild.de/heftarchiv/vo...BPmKxjXg%3D%3D
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 749 Likes on 730 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
BLK coupe's rear looks like civic...
thumbs up to CL203!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 SS
It does look a little to "Civic" for me.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:53 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
I think its aiiiite
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 199 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
How do you know the A-class is disappearing?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
The hatch looks fairly nice, though I'm sure that's the one that they wouldn't bring to the US anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Its toast!

Originally Posted by slammer111
How do you know the A-class is disappearing?
UK Link- July 3rd. More confirmation that it will be a RWD car. I likey.
http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...?news_id=16282

"With the demise of its small A-Class, Mercedes-Benz is debating how it wants to compete in the small car market. "- Leftlane news, yesterday.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
i'll take my A-Class and my C-Coupe !
thanks !
Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM

'13 250 Coupe
Sorry just not my cup of soup.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I'd actually consider a BLK if it was safe, seated four people comfortably, and if it handled well. I'm keeping a keen eye on the BMW 1 series.

I probably wouldn't go for something so small, since the BMW 3 series coupe is already perfect in size; but if it drives better than the bigger models without compromising on safety I'd consider it.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by patrick_y
I'd actually consider a BLK if it was safe, seated four people comfortably, and if it handled well. I'm keeping a keen eye on the BMW 1 series.

I probably wouldn't go for something so small, since the BMW 3 series coupe is already perfect in size; but if it drives better than the bigger models without compromising on safety I'd consider it.
Think so? 3 series Coupe is too big, and way to fat nowdays. New one doesn't interest me in the least...styling looks like they sent it to Toyota, who let it cook in the Solara styling oven too long.

I feel a bit burned by MBUSA's pathetic support for its Coupe, that would weigh on my choice of buying the "BLK" car if it came out. It has to be RWD, manual transmission, 4 seats, and fun to drive.

Ive been watching the 1 series Coupe...odd that this thing has been in the oven since before I bought my C-Coupe...I even still have some jpegs around somewhere of the concept car. Looked good back then as a roadster concept...not so sure I like the Dodge Neon proportioning of the 1 series Coupe, especially on the roofline. A friend who's an M3 owner made the same comment, so I know its not just me. Still, the twin turbo engine, and the fact that BMW doesn't have the identity crisis that MB has developed...well, that might do it.

What I really want is the SKY Turbo...but no backseat means its not likely to end up in the garage.

Anyone here going to C-Drive?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Outland
Think so? 3 series Coupe is too big, and way to fat nowdays. New one doesn't interest me in the least...styling looks like they sent it to Toyota, who let it cook in the Solara styling oven too long.

I feel a bit burned by MBUSA's pathetic support for its Coupe, that would weigh on my choice of buying the "BLK" car if it came out. It has to be RWD, manual transmission, 4 seats, and fun to drive.

Ive been watching the 1 series Coupe...odd that this thing has been in the oven since before I bought my C-Coupe...I even still have some jpegs around somewhere of the concept car. Looked good back then as a roadster concept...not so sure I like the Dodge Neon proportioning of the 1 series Coupe, especially on the roofline. A friend who's an M3 owner made the same comment, so I know its not just me. Still, the twin turbo engine, and the fact that BMW doesn't have the identity crisis that MB has developed...well, that might do it.

What I really want is the SKY Turbo...but no backseat means its not likely to end up in the garage.

Anyone here going to C-Drive?
The 3 series coupe is big enough now that it's no longer EPA rated as sub-compact. This means that the rear seats are comfortable enough to hold adults and the trunk is big too. I think the 3 series coupe is perfect in size right now. However, in my opinion the E46 3 series coupe still posseses a much more beautiful rear.

I've been very fortunate to have test driven the 2007 BMW 3 series coupe and I must say without any reservation, it is among one of the best handling cars I've driven. It is a joy to drive. There are a few faults with the braking, steering precision goes away during left/right weight transitioning, and the radio requires one to actually read the owner's manual in order to be used. I would honestly say that this car is among the most fun to drive cars I've ever driven. It's available in manual and it already comes with xenon lights, sport suspension, moonroof, and fold down rear seats standard. In your case Outland, you don't have to add a single option.

For those who think that the BMW 3 series is becoming too fat and heavy, you have the BMW 1 series to consider. I would also consider such a vehicle as long as there's no compromise on safety or handling. I am paying very close attention to this BMW 1 series.

The only thing BMW is missing that all other cars have right now are paddle shifters. Additionally, BMW's paddle shifters aren't + on the right and - on the left, they go both ways except for the SMG versions from M Motorsports. You have to see them to understand what I mean. This needs to be rectified.

Going back to Mercedes, I would consider the BLK, but I would have to do some extensive test driving. It has to handle well and the car needs to be super practical. Making a car that'll look better than the BMW 1 series won't be difficult, let's just see if they can make it as fun to drive. Lastly, there can be no compromise on safety.

If I were acquiring a vehicle today, I would have no hesitation to acquire the BMW 328i coupe. It's perfect in nearly every respect. It's just missing one thing; paddle shifters. I can live with the terrible styling of the rear (I think the front looks decent).

Saturn SKY is a great car. Driven the Pontiac Solstice in manual. It's great. I think the styling is visually more engaging than the Miata. Handling is very good as well.

Last edited by patrick_y; 07-23-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by patrick_y

I've been very fortunate to have test driven the 2007 BMW 3 series coupe and I must say without any reservation, it is among one of the best handling cars I've driven. ~ In your case Outland, you don't have to add a single option.
I haven't driven one. I'm rather put off by the styling. Nice to here that it handles good, and that at least one manufacturer still understands real men drive manual transmission cars .

I am paying very close attention to this BMW 1 series.
Same here. Too bad about the roofline though. Its almost like BMW thought, hey, we gotta ugly this thing up a bit, or too many people will pick this over the 3 series coupe.

The only thing BMW is missing that all other cars have right now are paddle shifters.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Flappy paddles!!! SMG is too much like a motorcycle transmission.

Going back to Mercedes, I would consider the BLK, but I would have to do some extensive test driving. It has to handle well and the car needs to be super practical. Making a car that'll look better than the BMW 1 series won't be difficult, let's just see if they can make it as fun to drive. Lastly, there can be no compromise on safety.
It'll have every last bit of safety crap MB can load aboard, to be sure.

Saturn SKY is a great car. Driven the Pontiac Solstice in manual. It's great. I think the styling is visually more engaging than the Miata. Handling is very good as well.
I love the SKY. Loved it when it was just the Lightning V/X Concept car. Really amazed that they actually built it, and even more amazed that its such an incredible car.