C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Euro impact / bumper strips (All You Want To Know)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-24-2003, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
count me in!!!where are we at..hopefully we get more than 5..i'd like to pay $145

my car is obsidian blk!! 2001 c320!! thx!!
Attached Thumbnails Euro impact / bumper strips (All You Want To Know)-small.jpg  
Old 08-24-2003, 04:58 PM
Guest0001

Re: ???

Originally posted by kodoq
what's euro impact strip
u know that orange **** on the side of your car near the bumper?

well its a strip to cover it. it will make the car look cleaner
Old 08-24-2003, 05:05 PM

2003 C320, Black
how can i order?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:12 PM

C230 K
before I join, how hard is it to swap?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:39 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
thats kinda gay only 5 dollar discount?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by kimchiFLAVA
thats kinda gay only 5 dollar discount?
lol thats true
Old 08-24-2003, 07:18 PM

2001 C320
Originally posted by noblert10
lol thats true
yea it would be nice if it was cheaper..but hey beggers cant be choosers..but we can try to lower if we meet 10? how bout 130 shipped!!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Almost a Member!

join group buy

Harris is having a group buy for the eurostrips go and join the group buy
Old 08-25-2003, 01:37 AM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
lol for realz though

it should be at least $20 dollar discount for 5 or more

just for that i dont even feel like buying em anymore
the sales guy sounds like an idiot to me
Old 08-25-2003, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol for realz though

This is ridiculous!

If you dont feel like buying it anymore? Fine! Dont buy it. "The sales guy sounds like an idiot to me".....I hope you are referring to me. If you are, you owe me a BIG apology.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:09 AM

C230 K
hey hey hey answer the potential buyer first please.... Is it that hard to install or is it just snap off snap on or glue on glue off?
Old 08-25-2003, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nevide
hey hey hey answer the potential buyer first please.... Is it that hard to install or is it just snap off snap on or glue on glue off?
Sorry, I did answer your questions before, but it got erased because of the database problem yesterday.

All you have to do is to take out the amber cover first, then slide the strip out and strip the euro strip back in. I did make up a short instruction, if you follow that, it will be a 10 mins job.

I think there is a high chance that this group buy will not work out in the end.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:57 AM

C230Kompressor
lol for realz though

First of all, Harris is not an idiot. He's one of the sponsors who helps keep this board up, and also someone who spends a lot of his time answering questions here-whether you are buying (or bought) from him or not.

Second, a little exploration of the Group Buy is in order. When a company does a 'group buy', in most cases, they are not receiving much (if any) discount from their supplier. They do it becasue it allows them to move more product in a shorter amount of time. For this, they take a smaller profit on each individual order. If the margins are small, they cannot give a large discount becasue since their cost basis is the same, they could actually get to the point where they make less money (total) for selling more product (and doing more work)-and that makes no business sense.

If Harris wanted to make it 'look' better, he could always ask for more for 1-5 qty. and then give a bigger discount for 5+, but he didn't-he kept it resonable for everyone. As he said, he had some inquiries about them-he could have just sold them at full price, but he decided to offer a deal on them. Comments like the one above will surely make him reconsider trying to offer Members specials again...so sad.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
I am not sure what you people are complaining about? $5 is $5, who cares. It's still $5 less then you would have paid otherwise. Personally, I like the lights on the bumpers, but otherwise i'd try to find the best deal possible...do you really need to save hundreds on every purchase?

Erik
Old 08-26-2003, 01:01 PM

'02 C230K
Hi Harris, I'm in. I emailed you on this topic last week. Don't let the flames burn. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."N. eh?
Others may not know that these are shipped factory color specific. Easy DIY, and no PayPal, just usual plastic.
'02 coupe Alabaster White code:960
PM me for a deposit. Thanks for pursuing this.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:12 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
ok i apologize calling the salesman an idiot was a lil extreme
but still i really dont see the point in doing a group buy when you only save 5 dollars.

i mean honestly i really dont get the point of a group buy if you only save a measly 5 bucks

i understand the concept of group buying and well i still think it should be a bigger discount.

harris im sorry if i offended you i just spoke my opinion thats all
you have helped me out a couple times with questions i had
so i feel bad if i offended you

my apologies
Old 08-26-2003, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok i apologize calling the salesman an idiot was a lil extreme
but still i really dont see the point in doing a group buy when you only save 5 dollars.

i mean honestly i really dont get the point of a group buy if you only save a measly 5 bucks

i understand the concept of group buying and well i still think it should be a bigger discount.

harris im sorry if i offended you i just spoke my opinion thats all
you have helped me out a couple times with questions i had
so i feel bad if i offended you

my apologies
$5 can buy you a case of 12-pack Coke. If I am selling at $145 and others are selling at $150, who would you buy from? The problem is not about the $5. I am only trying to do you guys a favor, I am NOT overstocking these Euro strips, I DO NOT need to get rid of them. For every order that I received, I have to get the strips from Germany. They are all custom orders because there is the sedan, there is the coupe and different colors etc etc....

If you know my cost vs. how much I am selling, I am sure you will think I am the most stupid businessman on earth. I am only trying to help out. I am very unhappy that you have made such a comment on me. If you dont care about $5, WHY DO YOU CARE THAT YOUR CAR HAS AN AMBER SIDE MARKER ON YOUR BUMPER AND YOU ARE SPENDING $145 TO GET RID OF IT?????

Most likely this group buy will not go through. Way too much hassle to make a buck or two. In the end, people are thinking that I am making $145 of net profit. Its a mistake that I started this. Sorry guys.

If anyone still wants to buy the euro strips, you are more than welcome to send me an e-mail directly or you guys can buy from Steve, I dont care.

kimchiFLAVA: your apology is not accepted (at least for now).
Old 08-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Guest0001

Harris you got mail
Old 08-26-2003, 11:22 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
wutever

just my opinion, i cant believe you are taking this so seriously
sorry for stating my opinion

first off big woopdee do 5 dollars can't really take you that far nowadays your right bout the cans of coke but who cares...

you doing the forum a favour is a good thing and thats why i apologized but if you dont accept it then well..o well

i just stated my opinion that didnt seem like a deal i would want to rush out and get cuz well the point of a group buy is to pick up the same product at the same time and get a substantial discount to make it worth it to pick that mod over the ones on peoples lists.

for just 5 dollars discount i would rather just wait it out and buy it later if need be its only a 5 dollar loss

im sure other people on this forum feel the same way

now if you are not making much on it then well thats the breaks you gotta do what you gotta do and me as the potential buyer
i will state what i want to state

theres my 2 cents
hope theres no hard feelings
seems like whenever i say whats on my mind it makes ppl angry
Old 08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
you guys are gettin a great deal! you should thank harris not bash him!
Old 08-27-2003, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wutever...

just my opinion... blah blah blah

first off BLAH

BLAH BLAH apologized but if you dont accept it then well..o well

i just stated my opinion that didnt seem like a deal i would want to rush out and get cuz well the point of a group buy is to pick up the same product at the same time and get a substantial discount to make it worth it to pick that mod over the ones on peoples lists.

BLAH

now if you are not making much on it then well thats the breaks you gotta do what you gotta do and me as the potential buyer

theres my 2 cents
Don't you see where there is the possibility you had a question regarding the discount or an opinion and you possibly could have stated it in a way that would not have been so needlessly confrontational and insulting?

In regards to making people angry maybe it is not what you are saying but how you say it. Tact my boy, TACT.

Your reply above has me completely beside myself. Who are you to just expect to be able to act like a spoiled brat about your opinions and your statements here? We ain't your parents, we don't need to like, accept, or tolerate you. Your communication methods just set you as an outcast.

Harris does try to help us all out here and there was no reason to be so disrepectful. Try to realize that if you don't agree with a post, discount schedule, or someone else's efforts, you don't even need to reply. Harris posted the thread for people who are interested, if you're not interested, why respond?

Harris, I'm down for the Euro strips. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:39 PM

300E
hows the groupbuy going on?.
Harris, I am on your side.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
wutever

Well, you seem to be getting part of the message anyway.

Try saying what's on your mind to people within fist swinging distance...yeah, you'll get the point eventually.

Try some grammar, spelling, tact, and maybe even a little more internal monologue next time.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
wutever

just my opinion, i cant believe you are taking this so seriously
sorry for stating my opinion

first off big woopdee do 5 dollars can't really take you that far nowadays your right bout the cans of coke but who cares...

you doing the forum a favour is a good thing and thats why i apologized but if you dont accept it then well..o well

for just 5 dollars discount i would rather just wait it out and buy it later if need be its only a 5 dollar loss

theres my 2 cents
Do you even know what the cost is for this product? If not I think you should not open your mouth.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally posted by oggle
Do you even know what the cost is for this product? If not I think you should not open your mouth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Euro impact / bumper strips (All You Want To Know)