C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Garage door doesn't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG 2006
Question Garage door doesn't work

I can’t program garage door opener on my c230.
I have a Genie garage opener (chain glide). I have followed instructions on the owner’s manual step by step and I can’t make it to work. Following is what I have done:
Step 1. Erased memory by pressing left and right button at the same time for 20 sec…until the amber light starts to flash fast. (Check)
Step2. Programming button/s on the mirror: By pointing garage door opener remote to the mirror (some 2 inches away); holding/pressing buttons on the mirror and remote down simultaneously until the lights starts to blinking fast. (Check)
Step3. Garage door opener motor; located and pressed learn button on the opener motor under the light bulb (doesn’t give you enough time some 30 sec). Pressed the pre-configured button on the mirror to program it with the genie headunit three times (holding it down for two sec each time). (Check)
I have repeated this process # of time but in vain.
Any ideas???
Thnx
Old 12-25-2007, 01:27 PM

arctic white / 07 w203 ss
i might be wrong or a programing retard...but i think some garages do not work.. i have a genie too not sure which model. me and my brother tried programing mine and my dads lexus gs350 to our garage and it was a no go. i just ended up carrying my remote with me haha.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
The job requires two people unless you have gorilla arms. After you have taught the mirror the remote command from the Genie remote control press and hold the mirror button and wait until the LED on the Genie operator (the motor box that lifts the door) blinks, THEN have an assistant push the button on the Genie operator. The blinking LED on the Genie operator tells you that there is a radio signal being received, but it is not encoded for operation of the door. If you push the button on the operator, it tells the receiver that the code being sent is from a transmitter that should be allowed to open the door.

This way a neighbor can have a Genie operated door, and your door does not fly up when he wants in his garage.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts
Had: 1987 300TD, Had: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, Have: 2014 E350 Sport, Have: 2019 S450
Check the web for Genie & download the manual for your model. Not all garage door openers are HomeLink-compatible.

When we moved into our present house, it was necessary to replace the control board in our opener, in order to be able to use the HomeLink units.

If it is compatible, then I found that following the instructions in the opener manual was easier (& Clearer) than in the Benz manual.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 c230
Originally Posted by dmatre
Check the web for Genie & download the manual for your model. Not all garage door openers are HomeLink-compatible.

When we moved into our present house, it was necessary to replace the control board in our opener, in order to be able to use the HomeLink units.

If it is compatible, then I found that following the instructions in the opener manual was easier (& Clearer) than in the Benz manual.
yep, rolling code openers are much more involved.

but most are do-able.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by Moviela
The job requires two people unless you have gorilla arms. After you have taught the mirror the remote command from the Genie remote control press and hold the mirror button and wait until the LED on the Genie operator (the motor box that lifts the door) blinks, THEN have an assistant push the button on the Genie operator. The blinking LED on the Genie operator tells you that there is a radio signal being received, but it is not encoded for operation of the door. If you push the button on the operator, it tells the receiver that the code being sent is from a transmitter that should be allowed to open the door.

This way a neighbor can have a Genie operated door, and your door does not fly up when he wants in his garage.
^^ What he said. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and I realized that it must be a rolling garage door. If you try those steps which are listed in the manual for the rolling garage door, then it should work.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM

2006 C230SS & 2009 E350
Originally Posted by Moviela

You are right. You need to do the next steps as stated on the manual. I have Genie garage opener and didn't work the first time, and you need to do the above to make it work.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:36 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i did mine. it works. just gotta do it fast enough.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 PM

C55 AMG 2006
Guys thanks for all your input… much appreciated!
After spending endless tries and hours of research I figure it out how to program / synchronize the homelink (mirror buttons). The culprit was the big button on the genie remote. For all of you with Genie GMI-3BL Intellicode Garage Door Opener Keychain Remote (see the picture) DO NOT use the big button on the remote unit, instead, use the smaller two buttons when synchronizing the mirror buttons. Once I tried the smaller buttons, it took two minutes to get it working.
Cheers
Attached Images