C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I Need Help With Trim Panel/Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' C230SS
Exclamation I Need Help With Trim Panel/Door Panel Removal

2006 (11/05 prod. date i think) c230 sport. my first post :-D
i've had this car since august now and miss having bass very very much. i dont believe i have the harmon kardon system, just stock HU - door spkrs. I finally found a hole in my fuse box on the driver side to shove a batt wire through but i need to know how to take the trim/door panels off to properly hide my wires(im guess you just tug on the trim a bit but i dont wanna rip any plastic rivets i dont see :-P). also is there a way to get through the wall on the passenger side that i didnt see? id rather start my cable and run in on the same side of the vehicle :-P
anyways ive got a old mtx class d amp - and a couple pioneer premiers that i wanna throw back there, im gonna just use the stock HU and tap in through a rear door speaker hopefully for my rca's, ive also already got an old level input box for that, so all i need is the help from you guys with the exp! im still a MB noob! please help! :-D Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
search- there's an extensive write-up with step by step pictures and instructions on here, about how to remove the door panels.

Last edited by bumpnzx3; 01-26-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
there is a stip about 1"wide x 3" long just behind the battery. it's made of plastic or hard rubber. there are several holes with plugs in them. pull one of those plugs out, lube the end of the wire and ram it through. i was able to get roughly a 3ga wire through there. also- there is a trough, for lack of a better word, that you can run all wires through that run along/under both door sills all the way to back of the car. pull the plastic door sill pieces off and pull the carpet back- you will see it.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
a quick 2 second search- brought these results. try using the search function- most questions you might have about things like this have already been discussed.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ve+door+panels
Old 01-26-2008, 06:09 PM

06' C230SS
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
a quick 2 second search- brought these results. try using the search function- most questions you might have about things like this have already been discussed.

Hey bud, I did a search this morning for "removing door panels" and didn't see anything relative enough to my vehicle. I appreciate you double checking my work! I was sure there was already a post somewhere, so sorry for the senseless thread! Once again, appreciate it a lot, I'm going out side now to look for these holes :-P
Old 01-26-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
it's going to take some force to pull the panels off- especially if it's the first time. good luck
Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 PM

06' C230SS
I haven't even tried lifting the trim yet, but thanks for the tip! I went out earlier and found that rubber oval shaped grommet you were speaking of... It looks like it has about 8 of 10 holes plugged up and ready to be used! Thanks a lot for that! Only problem is, I may have to go to a smaller guage cable, which won't be the end of the world :-P
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
You are in good hands with bumpn.

Let us know how it goes.

E
Old 01-27-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
don't believe all you read about the size of power wire needed for a stereo- especially if you aren't going to upgrade the alt. and/or battery. i would venture a guess that i have one of the higher powered stereo systems on the W203 board (Arc FD1200.1 and A/D/S/ P840) and I have no issues with the stock charging system, upgraded ground, and Knukonceptz Colosus 4ga power cable (3ga by industry standards). granted- my stereo wasn't meant to be an SPL beast- but i'm running more than enough power to prove you don't need Oga wire.

let me know if you have any other questions. i've had the entire interior out of the car for sound deadending, as well as the dash, then put it all back together without issues. chances are, i can help you out if you run into trouble.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM

06' C230SS
I was able to spend some time out front today working on the car! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to chat about it right now.. So a quick update! I spent the better half of an hour try to work my way through the rubber grommet on the passenger side we talked about, haha. Getting the battery out isn't too much fun at all either, quite a back breaking event if you're tight on room on the garage (group 47/49 batts are always heavy anyways :-P). So I decided to give up on the grommet idea after all, I spent time on it with a dremel and just didn't want to gauge it all the way for my wire. The only cable I have sitting around long enough is 2/0! Haha, I ended up mounting the fusible link on one of the torx bolts above the squirell cage(blowermotorcage) and just ran the wire straight down that way past the insulation(VERY easy!) You were right, the trim panels are TIGHT the first time! After I worked up the guts to pull hard enough, they all easily came off. I put in 2 12's with a 2 chan. bridged amp per sub. BUT- I'm using factory HU so I had to tap into speaker wire for the High-Input on my amps. Not a problem besides factory processor is very screwy at low hz's. And the next problem I ran in to was I could only find 1 High-Input cable for the amps, haha. So I could only get one amp to receive info from the source. I thought I could fix my problem by jumping the two amp's together with RCA's but that goes to show I have no idea, cause it def. didn't work! :-D So I've got both amps on, batt. capacitor mounted and wired, all wires hidden throughout install, 2 12's and two amps (1 for each sub). But I can only get sound out of one Any fixes!?!? :-D Thanks again! I'll hopefully have time in the morning to give a better update and not just rant and complain about problems I ran into. haha, anyways, see ya!