C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rims Stolen!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
wow. Hope they catch that punk.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Drop the Hammer

That is great news! I wish I could see the look on the F@#$head's face when the cops show up at his door.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
What are the odds of that?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
i hope thats the same person that stole them
and not some poor sap that bought them really cheap
thinking he was getting a super good deal
Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by kevblah
i hope thats the same person that stole them
and not some poor sap that bought them really cheap
thinking he was getting a super good deal
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by Hawaiiboy808
mahalo for all your comments and recommendations. as fate would have it, the owner of the wheel shop in Salt Lake City called me and said "There is a young man here trying to get your rims fitted to his benz. What should I do?" CALL THE COPS!!!!!! Holy crap, what are the odds of someone walking into the shop that set my car up??? Well, SLC finest did not show up but the owner was able to get his ID, LIC plate, and VIN. He also snapped some shots of the wheel that got damaged when my car was hit. I have an appointment set up with thd SLCPD to i.d. the wheels and hopefully I can get my rims back. stayed tuned....
wow that's low.. stealing someone else's rims from their benz to fit his benz, I bet his car is stolen too
Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 AM

'07 C230 SS
First off thats crazy a friend of mine had his rims on his S2000 stolen and left on bricks but i would have never thought that it would happen at a dealership thats is just absurd

Originally Posted by benz_addict
wow that's low.. stealing someone else's rims from their benz to fit his benz, I bet his car is stolen too
Yeah either the car is stolen too or more then likely some scumbag worker stole them and just sold them to someone and that guy is the one with them now.. either way i would be so pissed and i say get a lawyer cause if they can't find that paper then MB might have to be responsible and they have to have a camera at the dealership dont they?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM

08 Silver Lexus IS250 (manual),73 air cooled super beetle-- black 2004 230 ss is gone
Had the same thing happen to me--brand new car w/400 miles on it and wheels were stolen when it was at the dealer. Insurance co.paid me for the wheels,less my deductible. They then sued the dealer,who IS responsible.I was sent a check for my deductible. You have to make everyone aware this is grand theft due to the value of the wheels/tires Good luck
Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 PM

06 C230
UPDATE: MB of Lindon Utah still refuses to assume any responsibility. I have submitted an official letter to the BBB and have also contacted the local news station here. There is a news guy that does segments on businesses that don't take care of their customers and were waiting to here back from him. BBB has contacted me and they have sent my statement over to MB of Lindon to give them a chance to respond. They tracked the guy down that came into the shop with my rims and found him living right outside of Salt Lake City. His VIN number and temp plate were used to do this. The detective called me this morning and is trying to get the pictures of my rims while they were at the body shop. The body shop took pictures because they were damaged in an accident in january. All I'm waiting for now is for the cops to get the pictures from the body shop sot that they'll have them when they go knocking on his door. stay tuned.....
Old 02-26-2008, 06:15 PM

a w203 cÖuper
Dealerships are always full of bull****. Sorry to hear about this. Wheel locks! I need to get some :P
Old 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Wow that sucks. Hopefully you can find the guy who did it and kick his *** bad. On the side note, he's nice enough to put your car on something instead of leaving it on the ground tho.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Im not sure at all dealerships, but at ours, there is a large sign stating that we are not responsible for lost or stolen goods. And the paper you sign to allow them to work on the vehicle, states that as well as misc. other legal items.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Originally Posted by SLR199
Im not sure at all dealerships, but at ours, there is a large sign stating that we are not responsible for lost or stolen goods. And the paper you sign to allow them to work on the vehicle, states that as well as misc. other legal items.
My dealer has a huge ware house that they put all the cars in it so they don't get stolen that easily. I just saw a Ferrari 355 in it when I drop off my car there today and it was COOL.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by andy_meng1024
Wow that sucks. Hopefully you can find the guy who did it and kick his *** bad. On the side note, he's nice enough to put your car on something instead of leaving it on the ground tho.
They don't leave the car on blocks outta courtesy. It is easier to jack up the car, put the blocks under, then take the wheels off. Makes for only two jack points, and a stable vehicle should their bumbling unsettle the car.

I know wheel locks have been mentioned. If a thief has time and preparation, I don't think wheel locks will help. the thief simply takes a socket of similar size, pounds it on, and spins the lock off.

E
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
They don't leave the car on blocks outta courtesy. It is easier to jack up the car, put the blocks under, then take the wheels off. Makes for only two jack points, and a stable vehicle should their bumbling unsettle the car.
I know, he made it sound like the thiefs were just being nice!

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
I know wheel locks have been mentioned. If a thief has time and preparation, I don't think wheel locks will help. the thief simply takes a socket of similar size, pounds it on, and spins the lock off.
Agreed. I've seen it done before when I was at a shop and forgot to bring my key. After that, I've never bothered with wheel locks.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:28 PM

2005 A4 1.8TQ
Originally Posted by Blake P
Agreed. I've seen it done before when I was at a shop and forgot to bring my key. After that, I've never bothered with wheel locks.
Yup, it's a good deterrent if the thief just so happens to have a standard socket and is looking for something he can get quick, but if someone wants something bad enough... they'll get it.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
if wheel locks don't help then what can you do to avoid getting your rims stolen?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
if wheel locks don't help then what can you do to avoid getting your rims stolen?
Pray.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Keep her in a garage, or sleep lightly with a 9mm nearby.

Fact, is if the thief wants it, he will get it. Only think you can do, is make it take longer.

E
Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Originally Posted by Blake P
Pray.
Somehow I just keep laughing when I see your answer. BTW, I didn't want to make the guy seem nice; I'd be pissed if I were the owner of the car.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 PM

06 C230
Originally Posted by SLR199
i'm not aware of a sign hanging in the service area. i'll check next time i go in. and yes, they have a waiver to sign when you service your car. i was not given one. that's why i feel i have a valid reason to be a little upset because they are claiming that I signed a waiver when I didn't. I didn't take the car there, the body shop did. And the body shop didn't tell me I needed to go there nor did the dealership ask me to come there to sign the paper. So yes, i do feel that the dealer has some responsibility for making sure my car is cared for when in their possession. I don't expect someone to sit next to it 24/7 and make sure its okay but for crying out loud at least have a security camera or someone to come around every couple hours to check. sorry for the vent.......
Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 AM

2003 C240
I hope you get them back, but I would ask a lawyer for help, because I find it hard to believe that they can not be held responsible, either the shop or the dealership...
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by exanimas
Yup, it's a good deterrent if the thief just so happens to have a standard socket and is looking for something he can get quick, but if someone wants something bad enough... they'll get it.
yup. you can have lo jack or whatever alarm system, but if someone wants something, and what it enough, nothing will stop them.. unless you are there with a shotty, lol. a experienced thief would be able to strip a car in minutes.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:00 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Hawaiiboy808
i'm not aware of a sign hanging in the service area. i'll check next time i go in. and yes, they have a waiver to sign when you service your car. i was not given one. that's why i feel i have a valid reason to be a little upset because they are claiming that I signed a waiver when I didn't. I didn't take the car there, the body shop did. And the body shop didn't tell me I needed to go there nor did the dealership ask me to come there to sign the paper. So yes, i do feel that the dealer has some responsibility for making sure my car is cared for when in their possession. I don't expect someone to sit next to it 24/7 and make sure its okay but for crying out loud at least have a security camera or someone to come around every couple hours to check. sorry for the vent.......
most dealership do have that, but 99% of them clearly states "not responsible for lost or stolen goods INSIDE the vehicle" not the rims and body parts. PLUS all dealership should have surveillance on their lot. The detectives should have them turn over the videos sooner or later.

I almost had my wheels stolen as well, but if someone's going to steal the wheel just take them. I don't want to have wheel locks in the way and having the stupid *** thief damage the car even more. PLUS for those of you who has wheel locks, when was the last time you DIDN'T kept the lock inside the car. If I was the thief the first thing I would do if I see the wheel lock is to break the window and search the car.

From the time your wheel got stolen till the guy showed up at your wheel shop to install the wheels was very short, no wheel deal will fall through in just couple days. I'd say this is either the accomplice or the person directing the act with the help of his buddies who worked at the dealership. unless the dealership keep their customer's cars out in the open lot. I'm laughing over the fact that if this guy is the guy he sure is really brave to get them put on the car that quick.

Normally dealers here in SoCal all have closed gates where they keep the serviced cars.

Last edited by FrankW; 02-27-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Hey bro, congrats on a lead like that. That's huge, I hope you get his *** busted. If it's him, do you plan on doing any legal action? I hope so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rims Stolen!!!!!