C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

Well I just got my car back from Auto Steiglar in Encino, CA after 3 DAYS! for just a service B and defective fuel guage. Now I was a bit worried why it took so long just to do that but when I got my car back today I got really pissed. I saw that my car for some strange reason wasnt washed (everyone elses car was washed) my back seat was filthy, it had a used straw and some paper in the back, and also it was filled with little wood pieces, like a lot. Then when I got my car back I had noticed my radio was on, ( I usually only listen to CDs) then when I hit the CD button, there wasnt anything there! no CDS in my changer. By the time I noticed this all I was almost home. I also noticed that 5 miles were put onto my car, I dont know why. I called the dealer and told a service guy my problem and he said that he was busy and I had to talk to my own service manager and of course he had gone home 2.5 hours before closing. Now if you were in my position, what would you do? I am afraid if I complain they will screw me next time I bring my car back, and they are the only dealer next to me that gives me a rental car.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Your missing CDs are a problem. I would ask your service advisor to speak with the tech assigned to your car to determine the immediate return of your property. If they are stealing your tunes, the dealer mgmt definitely needs to know about it.

As for 3 days service, I regularly experience the same turnaround periods. Whenever they can confirm a problem, they invariably require a day or more to get the parts (hence 3-days, minimum). I got used to the fact that I had a free loaner car to drive, so it was not a problem affecting me in a tangible manner. I once drove a loaner for 5 days while the dealer awaited delivery of a new glove box lid.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 11-27-2002 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think no matter what, you have to file a complaint. The problem is you have to present yourself in a very nice way. Usually they will feel guilty and embarrassed. But if you walk in portraiting yrself to be "a somebody", they will definitely screw yr car next time when you bring it in. They dont have to do a lot, just loosen some screws here and there, and that is enough to bother you for months!!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
I would go in there nicely and ask to speak with the manager. If nothing gets resolved from there, tell him you will file a complaint with the BBB. ANd that you will notify MBusa.

And threaten to sue them. This is very ridiculous that they would do something like this.

Good LUck let us know what happens
Old 11-28-2002, 02:57 AM

2002 C230K
don't go through all that effort. switch service advisors to Rod Soprito, he's been ours for 5 years now, almost 6. and make sure that your car only goes to a mechanic named Vahe. you'll get much better service results. As far as complaints, don't bother going to Mr. Stiegler. I mean he's a nice man and all, but talk to his son John who is also manager there, he's more effective at getting service folk in line. hope this helps, and i hope this service experience doesn't turn you away completely from Auto Stiegler. I mean yeah, some of the employees don't give a **** the first couple of times they see you, but get to know Jesse and Cheyne out front, they usually park cars, and they'll always be willing to help. Get to know Robert at the front loan desk, and you'll never have trouble with loaners. And if ever you buy a car from Auto Stiegler, stay away from Peter, tall white-haired salesman, german, drunkard, he's a dick. Oh, and get to know Lance upstairs and he'll always be helpful when it comes to warranty issues and extensions.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dswildfire
don't go through all that effort. switch service advisors to Rod Soprito, he's been ours for 5 years now, almost 6. and make sure that your car only goes to a mechanic named Vahe. you'll get much better service results. As far as complaints, don't bother going to Mr. Stiegler. I mean he's a nice man and all, but talk to his son John who is also manager there, he's more effective at getting service folk in line. hope this helps, and i hope this service experience doesn't turn you away completely from Auto Stiegler. I mean yeah, some of the employees don't give a **** the first couple of times they see you, but get to know Jesse and Cheyne out front, they usually park cars, and they'll always be willing to help. Get to know Robert at the front loan desk, and you'll never have trouble with loaners. And if ever you buy a car from Auto Stiegler, stay away from Peter, tall white-haired salesman, german, drunkard, he's a dick. Oh, and get to know Lance upstairs and he'll always be helpful when it comes to warranty issues and extensions.
Afterall, you just have to get to know EVERYONE in the dealership EXCEPT Peter!!
Old 11-28-2002, 04:13 AM

2002 C230K
is it a bad thing to get to know the people at your dealership?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:06 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by dswildfire
is it a bad thing to get to know the people at your dealership?
I don't think so, the lady that handles loaners is HOT at my dealership! Hit it!

As for the bad service, I am not going to drive away until I check my car over after every service, making sure I'm not in a rush or trying to be rushed. If I saw my car like that I wouldn't even drive it off the lot, politely go find the service manager and show him my car, and if he's not around, find the general manager.

After that, drive across town and speak to a alesman at another dealer and say if they'll provide you loaners for service that you'll be more than happy to arrange your next purchase there.