C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Aftermarket Wheel Thread
W203
0%
CL203
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer your questions and reply to your questions:
1. 57
2. Retired Navy Senior Chief (E8), Radioman Technical Controller, retired from active duty 10/88, 2 purple hearts, Riverine Unit, Rivron5 Rivdiv3, Qua Viet 1968, Tet offensive
3. Currently the Chief of Information Systems & Communications, DECC Pacific, Pearl Harbor Hawaii since 1990.
4. Masters of Computer Science, University of Hawaii, Class of 89.
5. Master Instructor, State of Hawaii Hunter Education Program
6. Master Instructor, National Rifle Association

Now down to the meat of the discussion. I doubt you're older (and I know not wiser) than I. If you would have used that gel cell you call a brain and READ that I have an 06, the little light inside your head would have illuminated and figured out I was not interested in anything but an 06 (why would I care about earlier models when I clearly stated what year I was asking about). I don't doubt your expertise, really don't give a **** and yes, I knew about the offset. Read my post, little one and you'll figure out (hopefully) that I was asking about any performance or other issues if I went to an 8.5 on all fours rather than staggered. You're problem is you get behind a keyboard and think (note THINK) you're a bigshot. Typical forum illness: delusions of grandeur...... Get off you're hobby horse and stop being an arrogant twit. I'm done talking to you; go chase some liberal celebs in your neck of the woods; all bling, zero substance.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by progun
1. 57
2. Retired Navy Senior Chief (E8), Radioman Technical Controller, retired from active duty 10/88, 2 purple hearts, Riverine Unit, Rivron5 Rivdiv3, Qua Viet 1968, Tet offensive
3. Currently the Chief of Information Systems & Communications, DECC Pacific, Pearl Harbor Hawaii since 1990.

Now down to the meat of the discussion. I doubt you're older (and I know not wiser) than I. If you would have used that gel cell you call a brain and READ that I have an 06, the little light inside your head would have illuminated and figured out I was not interested in anything but an 06 (why would I care about earlier models when I clearly stated what year I was asking about). I don't doubt your expertise, really don't give a **** and yes, I knew about the offset. Read my post, little one and you'll figure out (hopefully) that I was asking about any performance or other issues if I went to an 8.5 on all fours rather than staggered. You're problem is you get behind a keyboard and think (note THINK) you're a bigshot. Typical forum illness: delusions of grandeur...... Get off you're hobby horse and stop being an arrogant twit. I'm done talking to you; go chase some liberal celebs in your neck of the woods; all bling, zero substance.
Regardless of your age, merits, and self-proclaimed wisdom... you're still a here. You say you've been using these "sites" for so long, yet you haven't even figured out that it's much easier for us to offer help if you update your profile with your vehicle and location. Sorry old man (do you prefer that to "newbie"?), but there is no easy button or pass for veterans or seniors here at mbworld. You'll have to earn your stripes the old fashioned way. I figure you would know better from your military experience.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
1. 57

For someone so well educated, I'm surprised you're looking for hand outs instead of seeking the knowledge and reading. That's very interesting.

Yes, I did read that you had an '06 and yes, I did respond. The '06 is still the same chassis as the 2001-2005 and the 2007. Regardless of WHAT year you have, the chassis is still the same and wheel fitment is the same.

I answered your question already regarding wheel fitment. You currently have a staggered setup, BUT like the 2001-2004 models, you can run a non-staggered setup as long as you get the proper offset and wheel width that will fit without problems over the big brakes in the front...

Oh, I'm sorry, did you not bother to read that I gave you the answer you were seeking?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 PM

Hmmmm well no sense trying to put some sense into your head. Get from behind the keyboard and try yakking to people's faces like you do here and you'll find yourself in a pretty nasty situation. Oh I forgot, you're the big kahuna around here; pretty pittyfull it's the only place you are. Like I said take your left wing, kali liberal attitude and stick it. You don;t even rate the few miniscule moments I take to keep telling you you're a punk. Period.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Hmmmm well no sense trying to put some sense into your head. Get from behind the keyboard and try yakking to people's faces like you do here and you'll find yourself in a pretty nasty situation. Oh I forgot, you're the big kahuna around here; pretty pittyfull it's the only place you are. Like I said take your left wing, kali liberal attitude and stick it. You don;t even rate the few miniscule moments I take to keep telling you you're a punk. Period.
wow, you keep on digging and digging yourself deeper and deeper...

drex already answered your question in his posts and was pretty gracious about it, yet you're still indignant and insist on being disrespectful and rude so that you can get the last word in.

furthermore, all your geographical stereotyping is pretty stupid and lame. way to generalize someone by their place of residence. I could do the same for you: perhaps you should get out of the sun more often because it looks like all the UV rays have gone and scrambled your head. or perhaps you need to take a trip to Femme Nu on the big island and get rid of all that pent up anger and stress. hawaii, ha.

you can go on and on about your merits and accomplishments, but I gotta tell you, having a masters in CS (from 1989) from a non-ABET accredited school combined with the way you're handling yourself on this forum, yeeeeah, I'm impressed... not.

Tell ya what, delete my account from this forum. I'll not return again.
and how many times have you posted after this statement to talk more trash?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
If you want to call me a punk, that's your opinion. I just don't acknowledge it because I only acknowledge that which is valid to my life. You have absolutely 0.0 significance or value to my life, so why would I validate you? It's very dissapointing to see someone that served in our armed forces would act as childish as you have shown thus far. I don't spend majority of time behind a computer. Obviously, you're pretty adiment about making a point that is completely off base, so that's your choice.

Getting back on topic, I've answered your question. But just to be sure you see the answer, again...Yes, it is possible to run with a non-staggered setup on a 2004.5-present model with big brakes in front as long as you have the proper offset to account for the big brakes in front. Max you an run is a 235/35R18 tire all around w/o any rubbing issues.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 PM

2008 C300 Sport & 2008 E320 Bluetec
I came to these forums for advice not to read the same bickering that went on on the Z forums when I owned a 350Z, now can someone please answer the posting that I posted on page 10. THANKS
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
He did request it guys...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by 06Benz230
I came to these forums for advice not to read the same bickering that went on on the Z forums when I owned a 350Z, now can someone please answer the posting that I posted on page 10. THANKS

I am thinking about getting these this week for my wifes 2006 C230 Sport, can someone tell me if the will fit they are 35mm offsets and 18x8.5 all around. It has stock suspension and no plans on doing suspension/lowering as the car is my wifes, any help would be great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6162&rd=1&rd=1
actually, they won't fit. I looked into these before I got my current wheels and they will not clear the front brake calipers.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 C400, 03' C240, '79 240D
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
You will regret getting the Mandris wheels if you ever decide to get coilovers.
Why do you say this? I'm assuming you mean they'll rub against the coilover?
Ie: an 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 will rub on say teins?. Couldnt spacers be used to increase the gap?

Thank you
Old 05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
OH NO HE DIDN'T!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I am thinking about getting these this week for my wifes 2006 C230 Sport, can someone tell me if the will fit they are 35mm offsets and 18x8.5 all around. It has stock suspension and no plans on doing suspension/lowering as the car is my wifes, any help would be great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6162&rd=1&rd=1
Hmmm...by the offset calculator, these might work. You'll have approximately 12mm less for inner clearance and the outside position of the wheel will be 14mm more than OEM 17X7.5et36. That being said, you're extending the width of the rim by another 1 inch and considering I'm running 19X8.5 ET 36, it'll probably work, but w/ spacer

If you really wanted to go with aftermarket rims that would work perfectly front and rear, I would go with the same offset that people are using for the front portion of their staggered setups.

If you look through this thread, there are several people that have listed their offset for their front 18's. If you go with the same width/offset, you'll be safe.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Blake P
Regardless of your age, merits, and self-proclaimed wisdom... you're still a here. You say you've been using these "sites" for so long, yet you haven't even figured out that it's much easier for us to offer help if you update your profile with your vehicle and location. Sorry old man (do you prefer that to "newbie"?), but there is no easy button or pass for veterans or seniors here at mbworld. You'll have to earn your stripes the old fashioned way. I figure you would know better from your military experience.
+1
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by T.O_c240
Ie: an 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 will rub on say teins?. Couldnt spacers be used to increase the gap?

Thank you
the mandrus 8.5 width has the offset of 32 which on the front the clearance for the shocks is not that great. Some coilovers has very large lower adjusters which if you want to lower the car a lot it will hit the tires and even the rims. It should not have any problem if you are not slamming your car.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by T.O_c240

Thank you
I am only speaking from experience on the C55. A local member on the other forum just recently got coilovers with the Mandris wheels and they have been nothing but trouble. He tried using H&R spacers to fix the problem but the wheels would not fit on the hub with the spacers.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM

2008 C300 Sport & 2008 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Hmmm...by the offset calculator, these might work. You'll have approximately 12mm less for inner clearance and the outside position of the wheel will be 14mm more than OEM 17X7.5et36. That being said, you're extending the width of the rim by another 1 inch and considering I'm running 19X8.5 ET 36, it'll probably work, but w/ spacer

If you really wanted to go with aftermarket rims that would work perfectly front and rear, I would go with the same offset that people are using for the front portion of their staggered setups.

If you look through this thread, there are several people that have listed their offset for their front 18's. If you go with the same width/offset, you'll be safe.
Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 PM

'15 C400, 03' C240, '79 240D
Originally Posted by FrankW
the mandrus 8.5 width has the offset of 32 which on the front the clearance for the shocks is not that great. Some coilovers has very large lower adjusters which if you want to lower the car a lot it will hit the tires and even the rims. It should not have any problem if you are not slamming your car.

I am only speaking from experience on the C55. A local member on the other forum just recently got coilovers with the Mandris wheels and they have been nothing but trouble. He tried using H&R spacers to fix the problem but the wheels would not fit on the hub with the spacers.
Thanks guys for the input. A member on another board mentioned a similar concern with rubbing in the front when i told him that i wanted to put teins COs on mandrus 8.5inch front width setup.
Perhaps then its not advisable to put such a large width rims when using coilovers.
Thanks again
Old 05-23-2007, 10:31 PM

2001 C240
need some opinions

I was going to get a set of the NZO Corsa rims. The tires are another expensive part of it. I found these tires on ebay please let me know what you all think of them and if anyone has already bought them and using them please give me your opinions. thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
You could just buy them used from waveykat and they'll already come with thsoe tires.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 PM

2001 C240
he is getting flooded with offers and I just dont want to play those kind of games
Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 PM

2007 C230/2007 A3 S-Line/2004 20g STi
He tried using H&R spacers to fix the problem but the wheels would not fit on the hub with the spacers.
Do you happen to know why they didn't fit?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 AM

hi, I'm really new to this, and i tired to read the past posts but really dont understand much of it. So i was wondering if i could get some help. I have a 2002 c230k, my stock rims are only the 16inch'ers, but i wanted to get some falken koblenz, their (18x9.0) 5x112 +35 Offset the tires that go with this are 245/40/18 Toyo T1R i think (btw are those any good, or should i opt for the falken ones), and i think theres another one thats 18x8 with a 33 offset with wheel sizes 225/40/18. would any of these fit on my car with out me having to do any mod's such as changing suspension, if they both would which would be a better rim for overall performance. Thanks for any help you guys could give, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on rims and find they don't fit right.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c230Pilot
Do you happen to know why they didn't fit?

The center bore of the wheel will not fit onto the spacer.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Georgey96818
hi, I'm really new to this, and i tired to read the past posts but really dont understand much of it. So i was wondering if i could get some help. I have a 2002 c230k, my stock rims are only the 16inch'ers, but i wanted to get some falken koblenz, their (18x9.0) 5x112 +35 Offset the tires that go with this are 245/40/18 Toyo T1R i think (btw are those any good, or should i opt for the falken ones), and i think theres another one thats 18x8 with a 33 offset with wheel sizes 225/40/18. would any of these fit on my car with out me having to do any mod's such as changing suspension, if they both would which would be a better rim for overall performance. Thanks for any help you guys could give, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on rims and find they don't fit right.

get the 18x8 for the front and the 18x9 for the rear.

they Toyo T1-Rs are good tires, i have them on my Carlsson wheels.

i'd go with a 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 AM

thanks for the responce rlee, if i went with the sizes you recomended i wouldnt have to change any thing in my car right (e.g. suspension). and any sugestions to where i could order these online

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know