C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Fletcher F*$@ my Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor Magma Red
Angry Fletcher F*$@ my Car

Guys,
I Need some suggestions on what should I do. I took my car to Fletcher for a ticking noise on my vent that needed to be fixed. A day later they said they can't touch my car since I have an aftermarket radio, so I decided to pick it up. Once I got it, they scraped the rear right side of my car from the quarter panel, wheel well to the rear bumper? They said they were going to fix it...Is that it? No apologies no explanation on why it happened? To top it all, it was new year's eve!!!!! Any suggestions on what should I do or If anyone experienced the same thing before?
Old 01-02-2003, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
that's very lame... i've read several bad posts about fletcher jones.

i don't know what you can do except be mad - as long as they fix it. are you looking to pursue some litigation for lost value or something like that?
Old 01-02-2003, 10:13 AM

Is the problem vent is above the radio???
Is the radio a Mercedes radio (audio 10)or an aftermarket?
Old 01-02-2003, 09:34 PM

C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
find the best most expensive body shop you want to go to ,you have the right to have it fixed wherever you want.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally posted by schwarz c230
find the best most expensive body shop you want to go to ,you have the right to have it fixed wherever you want.
im not an attorney or anything but i thought it had to be a reasonable amount if it came to litigation. say if you got one bid at $500, another at $800 and another at $1100 then the judge would award you $800 to repair. also the defendants have the right to get quotes as well. thats all ive learned from JudgeJudy
Old 01-02-2003, 09:59 PM

w202 C220
Re: Fletcher F*$@ my Car

Originally posted by mjdsy
Guys,
I Need some suggestions on what should I do. I took my car to Fletcher for a ticking noise on my vent that needed to be fixed. A day later they said they can't touch my car since I have an aftermarket radio, so I decided to pick it up. Once I got it, they scraped the rear right side of my car from the quarter panel, wheel well to the rear bumper? They said they were going to fix it...Is that it? No apologies no explanation on why it happened? To top it all, it was new year's eve!!!!! Any suggestions on what should I do or If anyone experienced the same thing before?
Fletcher Jones MB in Newport Beach, right?

When I had my w202 2000 C230k Sport, they f*cked it up too. I took it in there for the regular scheduled maintenance, and they ended up keeping my car for the next 2 weeks. Why? Because when the techs took the car out to test it, (on the 73 toll road), they forgot to latch my hood, and the hood popped open on the freeway and bent in 3 places. All they did was fix it...we talked to our attorneys about it, but we decided not to sue...we didn't want be like the other California residents who sue just to make money. They fixed the problem, were very courteous about it, and gave me an ML320 as a loaner for the 2 weeks that they had my car. The choice is up to you my friend, do what you've got to do.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When that dealer was Jim Slemons they were the absolute best, since FJ took it over they are the most arrogant and poorest dealership I've ever visited, I'm really happy that MB of LN took away their #1 sales position from them and hope that someone buys them soon. I would drive a KIA befor buying a car from them. Here's a FJ customer worth supporting....

http://www.lemonmb.com/
Old 01-02-2003, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
"they said they can't touch my car since I have
an aftermarket radio"

And you took their word for it? There must be a connection or problem directly attributed to any aftermarket part for MB to play that card and they must prove it or state the reasoning. My only complaint with FJ has been multiple trips for the same problem...usually part related. They seem on top of the documented problems and technical bulletins.