C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

RENNtech pulley kit 550$ :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Originally Posted by reddog093
I was close to grabbing the pulley. A set of Kleemann headers came up on the forums from someone local and that took priority. I should be grabbing it this weekend. I very excite!
I had headers, you should've grabbed the pulley for more gains and less $$$.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe
havent be participating because ive been quite busy over here(lame *** war) and do to the fact that people were going into dynos and fuel milage which i have no real knowledge of expect for the knowlegde i gain on the forum. im still here just waiting for a buyer
Old 10-28-2008, 03:47 AM

MK IV .:R32
ahhh I wish I had money

I'm tryin to save up....if you still have it when I can pay for it ITS MINE
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
A heavily modded C32 that I had on a Schenk eddy current unit a couple of years back, with a decent cooling tower to control inlet air temp & a self calibrating broad range O2 sensor gave us the best power & torque curves with an AF ratio that was at about 14.2/1 up to 3500RPM & virtually flat at 13/1 all the way up to peak with final drop off at about 6300 where we went rich for safety - This vehicle was obviously blown.

The M271 is supposed to run at the lean end of stoichiometric - I will see if I can find some graphs. So it runs in the lean area. I'm not talking Toyota/Honda lean burn that run at 22/1 at low RPM coming closer to stoichiometric at high RPM (stratified charge)

Large American engines seem to like more fuel thrown at them to produce power.
Ive never seen anything boosted that lean, like I posted before Ive been around domestic and import engines(including quads and bikes) on the dyno. I too am interested in the A/F mapping of the lean burn engines because just because someone hasnt seen something doesnt mean it doesnt happen or exist.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
I figured the headers would be better towards working on my goal of getting a better engine/exhaust note from my car. I figure that a pulley system / ECU tuning could be a final project, with trying to do more intake/exhaust beforehand.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by VelociRaptor
Ive never seen anything boosted that lean, like I posted before Ive been around domestic and import engines(including quads and bikes) on the dyno. I too am interested in the A/F mapping of the lean burn engines because just because someone hasnt seen something doesnt mean it doesnt happen or exist.
Interesting - so you've also done bikes. I ran the local Honda race team for 8 years when we sponsored them, with 22 riders covering 250 CC GP two-strokes, 600 & 1000cc road racing & motocross, supercross & enduro. That was the pre FI days on the 2 strokes running real tight piston to bore clearance. We ran them so squeeky that we had to watch running in the oxygen rich air under trees around some tracks at early morning practice or they would seize. Had the best bike dyno in the country in those days.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Thats what it takes on that level for sure. Lots of power in clearances.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM

W203
Originally Posted by reddog093
I figured the headers would be better towards working on my goal of getting a better engine/exhaust note from my car. I figure that a pulley system / ECU tuning could be a final project, with trying to do more intake/exhaust beforehand.
eisenman exhaust is all you need! I heard one on a C320, incredible sound!

I have a Brabus exhaust, its loud enough. Headers did little for the exhaust note, a little for the engine growl. The pulley definitely increased the SC whine, yet it depends if you like that sound.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by amanonfire
eisenman exhaust is all you need! I heard one on a C320, incredible sound!

I have a Brabus exhaust, its loud enough. Headers did little for the exhaust note, a little for the engine growl. The pulley definitely increased the SC whine, yet it depends if you like that sound.
my c320? jk
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Yes, yet you have to do more than f*** the mother!!!
Read this - it applies

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/45881-attention-request-civility-forum-other-rules-please-read.html
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM

kit pending sell, waiting on cashiers check, will post more details soon
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM

W203
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
No thanks, I'm familiar with it.

Send it to ROLLIN, since he initiated the name calling in response to "that's kinda a silly question" - yet as usual the person to retaliate gets reprimanded, not the original poster.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by bigairart414
kit pending sell, waiting on cashiers check, will post more details soon
I'll take it if the sale falls through. Better off grabbing one and holding onto it while they're still available.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG

Send it to ROLLIN, since he initiated the name calling in response to "that's kinda a silly question" - yet as usual the person to retaliate gets reprimanded, not the original poster.
awww you ok man, sounds like youre gonna cry!!! ok guys, thats it lets not call akidonfire any names now, he's putting himself out with his tears... are you sure youre ok?? do you want to go and tell on me? :r olf:

man this thread was good all day, and you had to go and say my name.... wonder why everyone's talking ish to you, can you really not see it??
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok here we go again. im just gonna have to prove this kid wrong again, sorry for the long post, but this dude just wont learn...

my first post
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
Im really interested in getting this, but i just had a couple questions, maybe someone can help out.... Do you know if this effects MPG at all and is it positive or negative. Should this be a pretty simple install, can i take it down to HMS and have them do it?? hopefully for cheap.... any help would be appreciated...
your reply
1 hr install

Gas mileage is minimally affected, yet more power requires more gas, so thats kinda a silly question.
- no name calling, but still kinda ish talking

Its a pretty valid question, but that was a pretty stupi... ummm silly answer
- still no name calling - yes, kinda ish talking back

your reply
valid, LOL, never worked on a car before have you? At least you picked up on the fact that I didn't really want to write "silly".
my reply and read through, still haven't called anyone names.... even offered you a job and sent you an invite..
actually no i don't work on cars i pay people to do that... you need a job??? and yeah i'm sure you didn't want to write "silly," so hopefully you make it out to the show on the 11/15 and maybe you can say what you really wanted to... ill be at the DJ equipment most of the time and my name is Roland, why dont you come up and ask for me..
youre reply... oh wait, what... huh? look what i found, who started calling people names first??? feel free to click onto page 2 and read about it...
So you're a stuck up idiot who thinks cause he can afford to pay someone to work on his C-class you're better than someone with the actual mechanical know-how to do it himself.

Get your pretty manicured hands off the DJ equipment and try turning a wrench.
haha, that was funny

damn man, figure it out yet or what. Are you just that stupid?? when you type your replies, do you forget what you wrote before. Let me help you out, when you reply, read the whole thread 1st, every time, so when you do reply you dont make a complete *** out of yourself. But im sure you'll reply to this and say something stupid again.

Not uncool, information for the seller since he's already lowered his price once. Mine has been for sale on other forums all summer, no takers. M271 buyers are cheap and expect too much.

At $600 I could NOT sell it without being lowballed and all buyers backing out, especially since there is NO dyno that proves 20-25 hp gains. There was one dyno, yet I cannot find it anymore, broken link.

The gains are all at the low end (15-20hp), only minimal (5hp) gains at the top end due to the ECU nannies bleeding boost and retarding timing. This is why Kleemann sells the K-Box and the pulley + K-box costs $2K.
oh damn look another post of your talking ish, not only to me but to every w203 owner on this site...

did you say you didn't start the name calling?? i'm not sure, do you want to say that again??

again sorry mbworld, moderators, and everyone else except akidonfire... i cant wait for his next reply. i'm sure he'll tell us he never even posted those words... someone broke into his account and claimed to be him
Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM

W203
Long post short: you're pathetic.

You called me "stupi..." and don't think that's name calling/insult?
Then you say you "pay people to do that" and offer "want a job?", a stuck up thing to say and demeaning insult towards those of us that do our own work.

As for "akidonfire" you should try turning a wrench and getting your hands dirty like a real man, then you can earn calling someone else a kid. I wish I could attend the meet, you're probably another manicured metro ***.

You're a stuck up pathetic loser hiding behind words.
I own my words, you should try it.

Last edited by amanonfire; 10-28-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
come on, let's stop this guys.

you both have contributed to the forum in many different ways. lets not try to get at each others necks please! i'm not gonna take sides, but seeing fellow w203 owner's fighting isn't pretty..
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Long post short: you're pathetic.

You called me "stupi..." and don't think that's name calling/insult?
Then you say you "pay people to do that" and offer "want a job?", a stuck up thing to say and demeaning insult towards those of us that do our own work.

As for "akidonfire" you should try turning a wrench and getting your hands dirty like a real man, then you can earn calling someone else a kid. I wish I could attend the meet, you're probably another manicured metro ***.

You're a stuck up pathetic loser hiding behind words.
I own my words, you should try it.
seriously, no seriously "pay people to do that?" you took that as an insult??? hahaha... that's hilarious.. dude didnt know you were so sensitive? you're either from the 20's or a woman. are you sure its not awomanonfire?? hahaha i apologize for everything i said maam.....

as i matter of fact i am a manicured, and cant leave out pedicured, metro.. hahaha... im sure some guys on the board can attest to that.. hahahaa

since im metro, you must be a hardcore gangster, grew up in the hood, handles his ish.. i can tell, you are just the man, cuz damn, you know what? you do own them words... dam, thats just hardcore. im scurrrrrrred

and right again i am hiding, in fact let me come out of hiding, i work off of crescent heights and sunset, you wanna do lunch tomorrow??
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mu9enx
come on, let's stop this guys.

you both have contributed to the forum in many different ways. lets not try to get at each others necks please! i'm not gonna take sides, but seeing fellow w203 owner's fighting isn't pretty..
damn Tommy you're right man, my bad again.... but come on this isn't really fighting.. this is nothing... i haven't even cussed yet but yeah i know, pretty lame huh?? hahaha... everytime i log in, i see some stupid ish, and i gotta say something...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 AM

If you have forgot this thread was about selling a renntech pulley kit keep it clean and on topic start your own thread pertaining to different subjects(aka fighting, disagreements) thanks keep in civil
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigairart414
If you have forgot this thread was about selling a renntech pulley kit keep it clean and on topic start your own thread pertaining to different subjects(aka fighting, disagreements) thanks keep in civil

my bad.. you haven't sold it yet??? i thought you had a buyer??
Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
I love how some threads turn into a pissing contest and it completely throws the original reason for the post to the grinder. Someone please take this kit off his hands so this thread can stop with the bickering.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 AM

a w203 cÖuper
my bad.. you haven't sold it yet??? i thought you had a buyer??
Im one of the buyers. Just waiting until Saturday to clear some funds. But im for sure i want this pulley since i can't find any other ones for the 1.8 m271 motor.

awomanonfire?!! That was pretty hilarious.

Someone's going on probation or getting
Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM

have a buyer just waiting for the cashier check and for it to clear, havent heard back from the guy in about 2 days...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
You need to get yourself a paypal account. Makes transactions 10x easier and faster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RENNtech pulley kit 550$ :(