C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Impressed with the Benz roadside assistance!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CL500
Impressed with the Benz roadside assistance!

I had a little problem with my car today, so I called 1800Mercedes, they got my location and all the details and said that I'll hear from someone within 15 minutes. In 10 minutes service people from the dealership called me and in about 10 more minutes they were looking at my car. I'm very impressed!

I didn't have Tele Aid, I used my cell, I'm sure that it helps having Tele Aid, they woudn't need to ask for my location
Old 01-08-2003, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
wow

That's great.

Our experience sucked (in Vancouver, BC) on December 29th. The car would not start/run properly and after being on hold on the 1-800 number for 15 minutes then getting a call back an hour later, the assistant said that the mobile service truck was:

a) not available right away;
b) not equipped with diagnostic equipment to rectify a "no-start" condition. Like, duh do they give their mobile mechanics some baling wire instead?

So they offered to send a flatbed around 24 hours later to take the car to Silver Star Motors in Surrey (their shop is the size of a port-a-potty), which would have caused my Dad to miss a very important appointment the next day. So we drove the car home later when the temperature got above freezing and its hissy fit was over

Bah, they're useless twits in our experience.

I think Lada's roadside assistance was probably better, seriously, though we never did have to use it in 5 years!

The problem is apparently a fuel pump, but - surprise, surprise - it's not in stock. A pretty crappy experience overall, I'd say. SO we hope the problem does not happen again before the pump is replaced...
Old 01-09-2003, 12:56 AM

w202 C220
Re: Impressed with the Benz roadside assistance!

Originally posted by Pweb
I had a little problem with my car today, so I called 1800Mercedes, they got my location and all the details and said that I'll hear from someone within 15 minutes. In 10 minutes service people from the dealership called me and in about 10 more minutes they were looking at my car. I'm very impressed!

I didn't have Tele Aid, I used my cell, I'm sure that it helps having Tele Aid, they woudn't need to ask for my location
The quality of Mercedes-Benz service can never be beat...I'm realizing that now being an owner of a BMW...
Old 01-09-2003, 09:38 AM

Re: wow

Originally posted by Mike T.
That's great.

Our experience sucked (in Vancouver, BC) on December 29th. The car would not start/run properly and after being on hold on the 1-800 number for 15 minutes then getting a call back an hour later, the assistant said that the mobile service truck was:

a) not available right away;
b) not equipped with diagnostic equipment to rectify a "no-start" condition. Like, duh do they give their mobile mechanics some baling wire instead?

So they offered to send a flatbed around 24 hours later to take the car to Silver Star Motors in Surrey (their shop is the size of a port-a-potty), which would have caused my Dad to miss a very important appointment the next day. So we drove the car home later when the temperature got above freezing and its hissy fit was over

Bah, they're useless twits in our experience.

I think Lada's roadside assistance was probably better, seriously, though we never did have to use it in 5 years!

The problem is apparently a fuel pump, but - surprise, surprise - it's not in stock. A pretty crappy experience overall, I'd say. SO we hope the problem does not happen again before the pump is replaced...

The problem may be the holidays were the cause of the delay.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
yeah

Originally posted by Lockbuster
The problem may be the holidays were the cause of the delay.
And maybe they gave their mobile diagnostic system to a needy family for Christmas
Old 01-09-2003, 11:16 AM

C240/6 Megma Red
I have a good experience with the R A too. I left my light on and need a jump start. They show up in 15 min. Goodthing is that I did not need it a week ealier because they just have R A in my town that week and I'm the first one that call and use their service.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
Back when I had the LEMON, I used roadside assistance many times. Sometimes the car even called on it's own. Each time a tech from my local dealer showed up. If he couldn't handle the problem on the spot, he offered to go get me a loaner car.

I like the MB Roadside Assistance.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:51 PM

Re: yeah

Originally posted by Mike T.
And maybe they gave their mobile diagnostic system to a needy family for Christmas
Well at least someone got something for Christmas, I did not get anything but coal!