C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005+ (DVD-based) EURO COMAND thread (All You Want To Know)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
the euro 203 nav uses a special nav disc so a us mcs2 nav disc will NOT work in a euro 203 nav.

Last edited by SUNILP; 11-16-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by sunman
the euro 203 nav uses a special E nav disc so a us mcs2 nav disc will NOT work in a euro 203 nav.
What's a special E nav disc? And where can I get one?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by diamondblak05
What's a special E nav disc? And where can I get one?
The euro 203 comands use their own discs - they do not share discs with any other US MB model.

greetingz,
Old 11-16-2005, 04:26 AM

Too many to list
I wonder why I wasn't told of this before I purchased the euro version? or why it's not listed in mbenznl.com as a difference between the US and euro comands? And where can I get one of these special euro dvd disc? There's a new version out for the w203 and i would like to be current with this ever changing world so most of the time, I won't be so "Off Road"!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
I wonder why I wasn't told of this before I purchased the euro version? or why it's not listed in mbenznl.com as a difference between the US and euro comands? And where can I get one of these special euro dvd disc? There's a new version out for the w203 and i would like to be current with this ever changing world so most of the time, I won't be so "Off Road"!
It is listed on our website. Here is a link to the W203 DVD comand info:
http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w203comand.shtml

And then this part in specific:
Please note that the navigation DVD for this unit differs from the US-spec MCS2 navigation DVD. You will need to provide your own original COMAND navigation DVD from Mercedes-Benz USA, and it will require modification for use in this unit.
Which is why we include a navigation disc when offering a Euro spec W203 DVD comand... something we usually do NOT include when offering navigation units for other MB models.

BTW, one will also need a special nav. disc when retrofitting a Euro spec W209 DVD comand, or a Euro W164 DVD comand...

Louis, I am afraid you have to use your current - non updated - nav. disc version until we are able to get the most updated nav.discs 'ready to go' on the Euro spec comand units. Working on that now... but I don't know myself when they will be available.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 11-16-2005, 07:50 AM

2004 SL 350 & E class 200K avantgarde
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
The euro 203 comands use their own discs - they do not share discs with any other US MB model.

greetingz,

Steve, I wait for retrofit COMAND everyday!
Email me asap
Old 11-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Too many to list
Originally Posted by BigSis
It is listed on our website. Here is a link to the W203 DVD comand info:
http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w203comand.shtml

And then this part in specific:

Which is why we include a navigation disc when offering a Euro spec W203 DVD comand... something we usually do NOT include when offering navigation units for other MB models.

BTW, one will also need a special nav. disc when retrofitting a Euro spec W209 DVD comand, or a Euro W164 DVD comand...

Louis, I am afraid you have to use your current - non updated - nav. disc version until we are able to get the most updated nav.discs 'ready to go' on the Euro spec comand units. Working on that now... but I don't know myself when they will be available.

greetingz,

BigSis
Thanks for clearing this up. I guess I overread that part about the differences. But out of curiosity, how can I modify an original US-spec nav dvd to work on the euro unit?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by macgyber
Steve, I wait for retrofit COMAND everyday!
Email me asap
Jeon, we know you are waiting, but we just ask a little more patience. I have not been able to discuss your Seoul job with Steve - to figure out what can and can't be installed for your car. I mailed you yesterday, that Steve intends to go to Seoul and Hong Kong early December...

Could you please mail us a FINAL list of parts that you want to get installed? As for DD seats... that still is something Steve couldn't track down for you. Sorry.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks for clearing this up. I guess I overread that part about the differences. But out of curiosity, how can I modify an original US-spec nav dvd to work on the euro unit?
I don't know for sure if this is something you could do... to be honest, I myself don't even know how the nav.discs get modified.

I believe Steve is trying to modify the newest nav.discs, but I don't know exactly when they will be available.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 11-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
And where can I get one of these special euro dvd disc?
I presume that you DID pay attention while I was talking to you a couple of weeks ago when we met up for some stardiagnose modifications in chicago?
This exact subject was talked about there in person as well - and I answered this exact question!

greetingz,
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM

Too many to list
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
I presume that you DID pay attention while I was talking to you a couple of weeks ago when we met up for some stardiagnose modifications in chicago?
This exact subject was talked about there in person as well - and I answered this exact question!

greetingz,
Yes, I did indeed paid attention. I pointed out to you that sometimes my nav unit would freeze or have problems reading my disc and you said that it might be software related. I then asked you if there's any newer versions out yet? You asked me when I got my unit installed. I said this past April. Then you said my disc was old and that there's a newer version that might fix the glitches. I then asked you where can I get one. You said you'll check to see if you have some updated copies available. Since then, I haven't heard anything about it.

As I can remember from our last chicago meeting (including the first time), we never talked about the US nav disc not working in the euro spec unit. I didn't even know that the disc you provided was modified to work in the euro unit. I've always thought it was a copied version of the original US nav disc. Hence, I went and got 2 copies of the latest nav dvd only to find out that it doesn't work. Thus, that's why I posted this thread to get some clarifications. I appreciate BigSis' and your input on this topic, as I was worried about how am I going to find a nav dvd disc to work in my unit.

Last edited by diamondblak05; 11-17-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Yes, I did indeed paid attention.
...I told you last time AND the time that I installed the unit that we would provide an updated disc...

greetingz,
Old 07-28-2006, 12:05 AM

C320 Coupe 2005
Question unlocking Euro COMAND APS (DVD) for W203

I appreciate if somebody could tell me the code to unlock the Euro COMAND APS for W203. I can get to engineering mode but not to hidden menus to change the encoding etc. I tried all kind of combinations that I found online (1-3-9, 1-3-<, #-*-<), but none of them worked.

Thanks,
Old 07-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C200 Sport Edition Sedan
Unlock codes dont work on Euro comand APS with MOST interface from what I know.

However there is finally a company that has worked out the unlock with a cable for the tv tuner to display while in motion.....

But very expensive still!
http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/
Old 07-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Almost a Member!

My C200 Sport Edition and EURO COMAND self Install

I have been meaning to do this post for a while....
Here are some Pictures of my car and also the installation of the Euro Comand.

The car is a W203 2005 Model released as a limited edition in Australia 'Sport Edition'. It includes: AMG Body Styling and Brakes, Sport Edition Instruments inside, Sunroof, Dual Zone Climate Control, Sport Suspension, Sport Steering Wheel with gear shift buttons on the back and Sport Edition Side Strip.

The Car

Comand Install
Guys I installed it myself but in no way do I say that this is the correct way to do it.... it worked for me with all the research I did but I am sure there are people out there who know better and more correct ways to do things. But here is how I did it:

1. Lift straight up where shown to remove centre piece.

2.Removecompartment (ashtray) clips where shown

3. Remove the light and power socket cable for that compartment

4. Remove the climate control panel

5. Remove Air-conditioning Vents -- more details here:
http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/COMA...oval%20WIS.pdf

6. Remove top panel

7. Remove the Stereo

Plug comes off - it is cliped in with a lever clip

8. Plug Everything into comand.. including GPS Aerial... in my case I got an under dash one

9. Find a good spot for the aerial - I found a spot close to the instrument panels that got lots of satellites.
10. Put everything back together.

The comand may or may not work without the star diagnosing coding... mine worked... the dealer will do the coding for me on the next visit to add the navigation screen in the centre cluster instrument panel.

Done!
It took about 1hr and 45 minutes and that was being extremely careful!!!! Can take much much less than that. (took me a while to get a good position for the GPS aerial too)

Hope you find the post informative.... good luck self installing.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:06 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
nice write-up
Old 07-28-2006, 09:32 AM

F10
is that how behind US cars are? Your car in the US is a 2007 model, you know, the wheels and the digital climate control only became available in 2007 for the sport sedan. Or did you upgrade the wheels and climate control? is your car a 1.8 liter supercharged? or the v6? nice write up too!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
it's not question weather your cluster will work or not. Does it show navigation instruction on the cluster?

The US is not behind at all. We get more standard features in our benzes than any other country. Imagine paying for puddle lights under the doors or auto dimming mirrors!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:55 AM

2002 C240
Great write up! Where did that .pdf come from? I need that for my '02 C240 radio removal and door panel removal. Gotta love pictures AND an explanation with what tools to use!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:21 PM

05 C230K SS
Sport Steering Wheel with gear shift buttons on the back of a C200!!! I am sad now...
Old 07-28-2006, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
awesome job!
very helpful indeed!
please keep those pictures up, i might attempt this at a later date!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RedW203
is that how behind US cars are? Your car in the US is a 2007 model, you know, the wheels and the digital climate control only became available in 2007 for the sport sedan. Or did you upgrade the wheels and climate control? is your car a 1.8 liter supercharged? or the v6? nice write up too!

Thanks Guys..

You need a set of torx screw drivers thats about it actually.....
and of course other tools to help which most already have... but a tiny flat head screw drriver really helps with the vent removal.

The C200 Sport Edition came as is... I did not add anything to the vehicle apart for ordering parameter steering with it for my wife.
Dual Zone CLimate control was standard as well as the gear shift buttons.

Unfortunately it is the 1.8 supercharged and not a V6 but I am quite happy with performance. (in oz we have C180 also - so the C200 is the more powerfull version of the 1.8ltr supercharged)

I also have a c55 lip spoiler but not sure if I should add it on yet.

The Sport Edition was so popular as a limited edition that they have released it again as a s'port edition +' package in oz... but looks like the US is taking the same things for the 2007 model judging fromt he wheels which were standard also... but not sure about interior if they will take the new sport instuments also.
C Class in australia comes out as 'Classic', 'Avantgarde' and 'Elegance Package' ontop of that you can now add 'Sport' or 'Sport Edition +' --- But when I got it it was only a limited Edition and was Basically an 'Avantgarde' with the 'Sport Edition +' package + more (like Sunroof) all standard.
Dual Zone climate control is standard in the 'Avantgarde' and 'Elegance' ohh and C55 here also has it standard.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 PM

Euro COMAND '05+ help! please

i want to purchase a euro command off of ebay for my 2007 c230. will this work in the united states? any info or suggestions would be much appreciated. thnaks. getting one off ebay for $900. good deal?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM

will i need any wires? harnesses etc.?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Please search the forum. Your question, or similar, has been answered numerous times; pro's and con's. And it obviously is going to be faster than waiting.

Welcome to the forum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005+ (DVD-based) EURO COMAND thread (All You Want To Know)