C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Horrible Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossfire Coupe
Horrible Experience

Guys and gals get a load of this. It has been two months since I took delivery of my Mercedes C-Coupe at Bill Ussery Mercedes-Benz of Coral Gables, FL. Last night I get a call from my sales man saying they gave me too much for my trade and that my trade was not worth what they offered me, therefore I would need to provide them with the overpaid funds or they will file a lawsuit. He also said that they only know Mercedes' values for trade but are not knowledgeable about any other car. They claim that my '01 Audi A4 with only 9,000 miles was not worth trade-in offer that they gave me of $23K (which in my eyes was still too little, but....). I blew up on the phone and said that it had been two months since the purchase, I signed a contract and that there's nothing that can be done, it was a mistake if so on their part not mine. Anyhow my cousin is the D.A. of the City of Coral Gables and I was told that they can't touch me not after a contract nor after two and a half months. What the hell is this world coming to. Just an advice to those in S. Florida, STAY AWAY FROM BILL USSERY MERCEDES.

P.S. - oh by the way my grandpa, after hearing this just cancelled the order he had with Bill Ussery for his '03 SL500 this morning.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I've never heard such a thing!! The value that they give you for trade in is part of the negotiation for the car purchase. If they were allowed to do this, what would stop everyone from doing it? I'd tell them to go ahead and file a lawsuit, and I would counter.

Good for your grandfather cancelling his order. Hopefully they are now wondering "What were we thinking"?

PS Kelly blue book list the 01 Audi A4 with a trade in value of $25,400 for excellent condition, and $24,000 for good condition (V6).

Last edited by revstriker; 01-25-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Thats like saying "Sir, this is your salesman at the Mercedes dealership. I wanted to make you aware that your new Mercedes was "44000" not "34000" like the sticker and contract said"
Black: that dealer is a butthole. You signed a legally binding contract. You are ok!
Old 01-25-2002, 03:32 PM

2002 C320 c2/c3/c4 & command
I just can't believe that there are such people exist like that. They are really a butthole and just tell them that you are really frighten by the what they just told you and will counter suit them for what they are terrifying you.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I concur.. The can't legally do this. I would tell them to go pound sand.

Drew... What do you think of this ?
Old 01-25-2002, 03:48 PM

Call them back & tell them that after 2.5 months of ownership, you don't think that the car is worth what you paid for it. Then demand the difference back in krugerrands.

Seriously though, if communications continue along these lines, just hang up on them - as others have already said, they're just fishin' for money, without any real bait.
Old 01-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C230K
If this happened to me, I'd report the dealer to MB USA corporate.
Old 01-25-2002, 04:58 PM

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster (hardtop current ly attached)
Originally posted by geistmeister
If this happened to me, I'd report the dealer to MB USA corporate.
I SECOND THAT!
Old 01-25-2002, 05:27 PM

2002 C230 C7,C5
I would definitely contact MBUSA. If they don't stop bothering you, you might have a remedy under Florida's deceptive trade practices act or other consumer protection laws.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Crossfire Coupe
Thanks for the replies. I contacted MBUSA last night and reported the dealership as well as the salesman. They said that they would report them, however they are only there for issues concerning the vehicle and any faults with it that's what they told me, they also said that I would have to take it up directly with the dealer because it's a situation that really doesn't concern faultiness of the vehicle itself just bad business, but he said that he will still report them for incorrect business practices. But I'm just ignoring the situation for now. If they file a lawsuit on me however, then I will counter suit them for verbal harrassment and trying to cheat me out of money and also for improper contract breaching if they so do it-In other words, they will never see my face nor my C230 for service nor the $2 K they want. Thanks guys for your support.

Alex
Old 01-25-2002, 08:20 PM

w203 c230K 2002
Lightbulb Put the ball in their court

Alex,

Tell them that you were sorry for the Inconvenience, and you would be happy to return the Mercedes and pick your audi up and to have a check ready for all payments fee's and taxes and payoff.
Then come up to Jacksonville and buy one from me. I really don't think they will want to pursue it after that. Logic being that you would not have done the deal in the first place had all the facts been known anyway.

Randy
Old 01-25-2002, 08:26 PM

C230K
Sorry, not trying to offend anybody, but i'd unzip my pants and whip it out and tell them to go to town.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Vince
Sorry, not trying to offend anybody, but i'd unzip my pants and whip it out and tell them to go to town.
Vince!

LOL!!! I would probably tell them to first stop smoking whatever crack their using and then second to kiss my A**! lol!! What a joke!!
Old 01-25-2002, 08:56 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
That is pretty amazing. One concern though, is there any chance that any discussion or agreement might have come up in purchase regarding the correct trade in value for your Audi? I'm just trying to see if they are any other factors that could be part of this, beyond your initial posting.

I mention this because I heard a similar story a couple months ago in another forum, over another car make. It turns out, in the end, that the buyer in question had signed some piece of paper at purchase that basically stated that the dealer was crediting for the trade-in on the customers own estimate and it would be subject to a true dealer inspection after the sale. Two weeks later, the dealer is asking for more money. I do not know how that other story ended.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Almost a Member!

C320 Sport
I bought from Bill-Ussery...

Hey Black230, I bought my C320 from the same dealership (I live in Miami) and had no problems...just out of curiosity, who was your sales rep(or whatever those guys are called)?
Anyway, that really sucks, I know it must have made you mad, but I would not have been able to stop laughing.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:09 PM

C32 AMG, Volvo S80T6
sounds obsurd

First pull down your slacks and tell him to kiss your a** then tell him to come up north and kiss mine too. he needs to kiss every a** in this forum with a comment like that. Im with Randy, give it back and get all your money and your old car, and go buy it someplace else. Your dealer must be wearin some brass ones to make that entirely f***** up comment. Sorry about the explictives but, this is so messed up.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:22 PM

Cool

That same thing happened to me. That is a very old car dealers trick. The dealer where I bought my 320 contacted me days later to state that my trade in wasn't worth as much as they originally given me. First of all giving wholesale values for trade ins is pure crap anyway. I know the dealer has to make money as well but when you trade in your car they are giving wholesale prices and selling you the new car for a premium and plus the dealer gets the hidden bonus(Mercedes has a 3% holdback) to help pad as well. Once they took your money for the new car and took the keys for your trade in the deal was done! I agree with the poster above who posted that you should contact the dealer and tell them that the car hasn't lived up to your expectations and you feel you have overpaid and would like some of your money back.
Relax and enjoy your new Benz.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
You guys practically posted everything i wanted to state....but i really had to acknowledge some of you who use the word "butthole"......that just cracked me up!
Old 01-25-2002, 10:28 PM

SLC 43, E53
it was just a bad dream.....blow it off and enjoy your new ride....if they do call back ask them if the drugs they are on causes brain damage
Old 01-25-2002, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Ive had a bad experience there with a salesman

Who was your salesman if i might ask. I had no problems with the dealership, in fact i have purchased a car there before my current one, but i did have a problem with my salesman[!]
Old 01-26-2002, 12:01 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i thought mb of princeton was bad.... hehe

greg
Old 01-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Crossfire Coupe
Yeah guys I'm getting ready to get my money back and tell them to shove the car where the sun don't shine. Chris my salesmans name is Franz Watt (black guy) He seemed real nice up until two nights ago. I asked the general manager over the phone if I had realized after two months that my car was supposed to bring C7 and I just stupidly realized that it didn't have it, and I was claiming for it, his response was well there's nothing that can be done now, you singed a contract and should have made sure of that at the time of signing, and I said same thing A**Hole. ANd also it's not like I'm trading it a piece of crap old car, it was a brand new 2001 Audi with only 9,000 original miles, Red with White Leather interior beautiful without one dent nor scratch it was only 6 months old. Also my family has bought several Benze's from them in the past we bought back in '89 a 1990 260E and back in '85 a 1985 500SL AMG, in '98 a 1999 SLK230 and a '01 500SL of which would have been going in on trade to the new '03 SL 500 which the order was cancelled. But they lost big with us, and they now it. I'll post the outcome as soon as it comes available.

Alex

PS No the deal for trade-in was written down on a slip after a 40-minute inspection of my Audi of which I witnessed the entire thing, the appraiser wrote down the price on the slip and I agreed and the contract was signed.
Old 01-26-2002, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Bill Ussery

Sorry to hear that Alex. I would not take that from them either. Have you thought of going to Mercedes-Benz of Miami (old L.P. Evans) I almost went there after my fiasco. Dont give up on the car cause of some A$$hole's mistake. Go to the other dealer and tell them what happend at this "much lesser" dealer. Did you talk to Walter (manager) at Bill Ussery, he has always been very good with me!
Old 01-26-2002, 01:26 PM

'00 C280W, Obsidian Black/Charcoal
Thumbs down Re: Horrible Experience

That's the best example of a "Salesmonkey" I've heard yet. I second AWiner's quote, "Tell them to Pound Sand". ...RAB

Originally posted by Black230
Guys and gals get a load of this. It has been two months since I took delivery of my Mercedes C-Coupe at Bill Ussery Mercedes-Benz of Coral Gables, FL. Last night I get a call from my sales man saying they gave me too much for my trade and that my trade was not worth what they offered me, therefore I would need to provide them with the overpaid funds or they will file a lawsuit. He also said that they only know Mercedes' values for trade but are not knowledgeable about any other car. They claim that my '01 Audi A4 with only 9,000 miles was not worth trade-in offer that they gave me of $23K (which in my eyes was still too little, but....). I blew up on the phone and said that it had been two months since the purchase, I signed a contract and that there's nothing that can be done, it was a mistake if so on their part not mine. Anyhow my cousin is the D.A. of the City of Coral Gables and I was told that they can't touch me not after a contract nor after two and a half months. What the hell is this world coming to. Just an advice to those in S. Florida, STAY AWAY FROM BILL USSERY MERCEDES.

P.S. - oh by the way my grandpa, after hearing this just cancelled the order he had with Bill Ussery for his '03 SL500 this morning.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Crossfire Coupe
Hi Chris, yes I just spoke with Walter today and he was shocked at the situation of which he wasn't aware of. He said that he would get to the bottom of it. He also remembers me and my Audi and said that that situation is uncalled for. I told him that I was not going to pay the $2K they are claiming. Because why I think that they waited two and a half months was that someone must have shown up to buy my old car and the deal struck was no profit for Bill Ussery due to what they gave me and therefore, the loss to dealer in that sale would come out of my pocket. Thats the situation and I said-That's against the law and Walter agreed. I'm awaiting his response.

PS-Yeah I rescheduled my service from Bill Ussery to Mercedes of Miami and I might even consider trading it in on a C32.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Experience