C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprewell Racing (store complaints)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus w203
Sprewell Racing (store complaints)

hey guys i just wanetd to give you my experiance at Sprewell Racing in San Gabriel. S.Cali....I Dented my rim about 3 weeks ago and i took it to sprewell to get it fixed. They told me it would only take 2 weeks and it has now been 3 weeks to fix a dent.... they have been telling me it should be here the next day for about almost a week now.. and even before that when i droped off the rim they wanted to charge me more then what was discussed. Even now when im waiting for my rim, their additude is "well sorry we cant do anything about it" like its not a big deal to them. Over all i just have to say my experiance has not been a pleasuralbe one.
if anyone else would like to talk about stores they did not have a good experiacnce with post here.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Next time go to TWS (the wheel supply). They will take care of you. My friend just got his dented rim back and it looks really good. We have no clue where the dent was.

Old 03-05-2003, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah TWS is good....sander is an excellent guy..i got my rims there too
Old 03-05-2003, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus w203
cool... where are they located? because seriously the people over at sprewell are kinda dicky
Old 03-05-2003, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

brabus..get on the 10 east...switch to 605....then to 60....arrgh
i forgot the exact direction.. www.thewheelsupply.com

btw...all "branded" shop ppl are dicky...
Old 03-05-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
You got to remember that unless you are "cool" w/them(Sprewell Racing) they probably wont give a sh*t about you unless you spend 10k or more on "spinner" rims, or your a b-ball player...
Old 03-05-2003, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus w203
thanks... yea it kind of sucks.. what ever happen to the "Customer is always right" ? hahaha dang i must have been good to buy things in those days... wow the TWS looks pretty cool....yea ill probaby go check it out sometime thanks guys
Old 03-05-2003, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

almost the same thing with RB TECH...they treat me pretty well (although i am not splashing 10s of Ks or a sportspoerson)
Old 03-07-2003, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus w203
Angry UPDATE

OMG Sprewell gave me a DEFECTIVE TIRE!!!!!! My old Tire that was messed up from the flat, they just filled it with air and gave it back to me, when i ordered a new one from them because we all agreed that the ones that were on the tire during the flat was UNSAFE.....
Old 03-07-2003, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I read a while back that Sprewell racing was involved in some auth theft ring. Not clear on the details anymore but if someone could find and post the article again it'd be nice.

I personally would never take my car there. My stupid car salesman kept telling me to go to them too.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus w203
NEW STUFF

Okay i just came back from Sprewell... They gave me my tire but i found some other stupid things they have done... This is a picture of a SC430 with some 20" rims, looks perfectly fine...untill you look at the tire very carefully.... you can see the the ROTATION of the Tire is on BACKWARDS....This cant be good... Im just posting this stuff not only because i did not have a good experiance with them, but to Warn other people before they have to learn the hard way like me....
Old 03-07-2003, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus w203
CLOSE UP

TIRE ROTATION
Old 03-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Banned

W203
professionality?!

Wow...that's a stupid beginners mistake?! What kind of quality service do they provide? Man...people who work on expensive cars sometimes just don't have patience anymore to get things done right the first time. Sad to say that this goes for some other mechanics at other places as well.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:38 PM

Cars
what did you guys expect? This company came from latrell sprewell (former kincks top dog) what do u think this guy knows about fixing up cars? not much if his ppl cant get tire rotation right. I'd personally go to the place that shaq gets his stuff done, shaq's performance shop in LA wouldnt do such **** work for u then again i think they only work on trucks and junk
Old 03-08-2003, 12:04 AM

Originally posted by Vader13
Yup, It some dumbass basketball players from the hood, with all their hood rat buddies doing the work.
I ran into those guys at a DUB fest and I had an Audi in another Vendors booth. Those VATO ESE's Whatever gangsta's think they are the ****..
Dumbasses can't even mount a tire..
Trained in Mexico..LOL
hey..no need to start stereotyping people. I bet you were mouthing off to them in real life too? That's what I figured. You must feel really tought throwing out racial stereotypes over the internet! Two thumbs up for you buddy.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Almost a Member!

yo i know spreewell and he isnt too bright
Old 03-08-2003, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Sorry to hear about your troubles with SWR. I know they have been through a lot, changing mechanics, salesmen, management etc. I hope things get straighten out over there.

Brabus c,

Was there a certain salesman you were working with over there?
Old 03-09-2003, 12:26 AM

You already made yourself look like an imbecile with your last uneducated biased comment..yet you continue to blurt out stupid things? Jeez, quit while you're behind.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM

Expedition
Oh my, I wish I would have seen a lot of these postings regarding SWR Motorsport! It was the most unpleasant experience of my life! I never though that I will ever see the day of someone screwing me over! They work on expensive cars so you will think they can fix anything.... NOT AT ALL! They couldn't get an Expedition going... how pathetic!

To make long story short... Engine blew my husband and I decided to put in a rebuild engine(my husband had taken out the old engine him self but provided all parts to SWR). We had saved up the money that was talked about, towed my truck to SWR in Alhambra to start the work. Two weeks went by that there were couple issues they needed another week. A month into it I was told that it would be ready and of course it wasn't. Going back and forth with them I found out that my truck was at a junk yard in the San Fernando Valley and I know is a junk yard because I've lived in the area all my life. Everyone knows that San Fernando Rd has either recycle locations or junk yards! We argued but gave him the benefit of the doubt so Ray, shop so called owner took it back. Once again, they couldn't figure why it couldn't start that it was an electrical problem. Finally 7 months into this I reported him to Consumer Affairs, BBB and reported my truck stolen!

The worse thing through this whole ordeal I was pregnant! Ray knew I was pregnant and taking the bus rain or shine! How dare he! and he had the audacity to sue me for unpaid fee(didn't pay cause we didn't approve the work) rental car (he rented us a car that was supposed to be returned when the truck was ready)! The judge decided that I didn't owe him a thing! All this caused a lot of stress and time away from my new born child. HOW CAN THEY BE SO SHADY! Truck is running but with problems because he put in a used engine with parts missing! I thank god that he gave me strength and kept my daughter safe :-)