C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Seats are sooo uncomfortable...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLA 250 4Matic
[i] [/B] I will add bright lights inside my car, I will turn up my music at 2am, I will speed. Does that scare you? Good. Welcome to my generation. [/B]
That sounds like a pro-street punk-racer advertisement. Do you by any chance work for a marketing company?
Old 03-14-2003, 07:54 PM

2008 E 350
Originally posted by Big Sheesh
That sounds like a pro-street punk-racer advertisement. Do you by any chance work for a marketing company?
That sounds like an attitude of an average 18 year old who is not oppressed by wise *** adults who think their way is the right way. --------- edited; i won't stoop to your level ------------------

Last edited by 02Impressor; 03-14-2003 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:17 PM

2002 C230K
Originally posted by 02Impressor
That sounds like an attitude of an average 18 year old who is not oppressed by wise *** adults who think their way is the right way. --------- edited; i won't stoop to your level ------------------
wow, if you're driving a benz, and you rhink that you are opressed, i've got news for you: you're better than at least half of the world population.

and the attitude you are taking gives a bad name to our generation.
yeah we bend rules. yeah we break em. and yeah, we don't necessarily adhere to standards, that doesnt make you special or a rebel, it makes you human. everybody does it one way or another. if they didnt, we'd all still live in caves or holes, and die at the age of 30. if we lived to be that old.

and as for reclining your seat really far being against the "rule of the road", do us all a favor, unbuckle your seatbelt, pull your airbag fuses, and drive off a cliff, because i dont want to be the poor b@$+@rd you hit because you couldnt see your hoodlines or adequately grip the steering wheel. unless of course you're made of play-doh, and you can strecth yourself. in that case it's ok.

the rules of the road like that are meant to protect you from yourself. you hate the government or "grown folks," fine, your choice, but adhere to them or don't drive.

just remember, you share the road with others, dont cause them grief for your comfort.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Whoa.. Easy on the sheeshman. Oppressed? After a few years of college, you'll learn the word 'disenfranchised'- which by the way, youre not. C'mon...save that kinda stuff for Group, eh?

True I have *never* driven any 2 door coupes before so maybe thats where my perception of comfortable seats is flawed but I think the C coupe seats are just made ****ty (referring to cloth seats). [/B]
All coupes require a bit of a stretch to grab the seat belts...unless youve got an older car with the motorized mouse belts...I kinda miss them actually- it was less fuss after you got in.

As far as you not 'making fun',
Were all having a little fun at your expense. So what. You'll get over it. When you get hostile with folks it just ratchets up the abuse level.

I just think the seats are uncomfortable as they are almost in a 90 degree angle and sitting up right is not my style.
Have you tried adjusting them at all? These seats do move in like 8 different ways. Good thing you never had a C3 corvette...the seats do not adjust AT ALL, other than fore and aft.

Sorry if I am not as conservative or as exprienced as most of you "grown folks," so excuse my rants and misadventures -- but it's all part of growing up for me.
And damn good entertainment

I am not going to adhere to the standard "rules of the road" or any of that other stuff that is just plain and boring. I will add bright lights inside my car, I will turn up my music at 2am, I will speed. Does that scare you? Good. Welcome to my generation.
Is that the Pepsi generation?

Turn it up loud...youre in New York, no one will ever even notice
Old 03-15-2003, 12:33 AM

2002 C230K SC
Holly Good God 02Impressor I just reclined my C230 SC cloth drivers seat to its maximum (~135 degree angle), and if you intend to drive in this position or anything close to it you should have your head examined along with your ailing back. I’m not talking about conforming to others rules; you just won’t be able to see where the hell your going. If stupidity is the price of cool call me a geek. Now if your looking to sleep (or do something else usually done in a prone position) in the car then I could see you grip. But hey this is a Sports Coupe not a damn RV…get a motel room.

As far as the seatbelt, it is a reach.
But try this:
1] Open the drivers door
2] Turn so you are looking towards the back of the car
3] Reach into the car with your left hand and grab the seat belt
4] Turn to the right pointing your *** towards to drivers seat
5] While continuing to hold the seat belt, plant your *** in the seat and rotate to the right lifting your legs into the car
6] Move your left arm across your crest to the right and down towards the seat belt attachment and insert until a click is heard
7] Don’t forget to close the door before starting the car and driving off, did you remember your fake ID

Quote: 02Impressor wrote:

I just think the seats are uncomfortable as they are almost in a 90 degree angle and sitting up right is not my style.

How about walking upright, is that your style.
New flash: seat are at or near 90 degree angles, beds are at 180degrees

Quote: 02Impressor wrote:

I will add bright lights inside my car, I will turn up my music at 2am, I will speed. Does that scare you? Good. Welcome to my generation.

Scare me….no, it just again proves that you are an arrogant, uncaring, self-centered, spoiled brat. Grow up

I will be driving through Brooklyn on Friday and I’ll keep an eye out for and avoid the white C230 with an unseen driver.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From what i have seen from your posts, it would seem that you must have a defective seat if it wont recline further back than 90 degrees. Take it to the dealer immediately to have it repaired as this is an obvious fault.

Also, calm down dude.. people on forums just love to goof on the newbie.
Don't take it too seriously and you will start to laugh at it too.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2003, 01:46 AM

2008 E 350
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
From what i have seen from your posts, it would seem that you must have a defective seat if it wont recline further back than 90 degrees. Take it to the dealer immediately to have it repaired as this is an obvious fault.

Also, calm down dude.. people on forums just love to goof on the newbie.
Don't take it too seriously and you will start to laugh at it too.

Cheers!
I take it seriously because I don't understand why every thread, particularly mine, have to be a flame war. My dealership is always too busy to schedule any appointment for me unless I want to come in really early in the morning and truthfully I'd rather ask the questions on the forum instead of asking my dealer or mechanic. However, i'm pretty sure if I did ask my dealer/mechanic about the seats I wouldn't get half-*** answers or ******** responses like some of these a-dults.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I take it seriously because I don't understand why every thread, particularly mine, have to be a flame war. My dealership is always too busy to schedule any appointment for me unless I want to come in really early in the morning and truthfully I'd rather ask the questions on the forum instead of asking my dealer or mechanic. However, i'm pretty sure if I did ask my dealer/mechanic about the seats I wouldn't get half-*** answers or ******** responses like some of these a-dults.
Dude, it is like this in every thread of yours because you're NOT A NEWBIE and every time you start a thread, AJAX, N-drops, or driving with the seat so far back other people would think you are in auto-pilot is part of it.

The seats are at or near 90 degrees because you have better line of sight, and better control of the car. So on and so on. In other words, for a damn reason. People tilt their seats back at car shows so show off the interior, then morons and rap artists see that and drive like that. Bad idea son, bad idea.

Every time, you say something half-assed, so you get a half assed response. You are not even fun to laugh out anymore. Now, I am just afraid to be on the same road as you.

And if you have those wack *** lights in your interior, or those blue wiper lights... Those lights limit your ability to drive at night because your retina closes and less light gets in. So the dark, is in effect, darker, harder to see, like, you know, women and children.

I don't think I am that much older then you are, but your generation is doing dumb, careless things to, and with their cars. Get a lava lamp for you bedroom, buy a civic, be good to the benz.

Btw, life gets easier when we drop the conformity bull****. Sooner or later you'll figure that whether or not you go with the flow or against it, your conforming either way. Do you really think you are the first one to rebel, or to disagree with the way "adults" structure things. You're a sheap either way, so be a productive one. It is a matter of intelligently leading the pack, while maintaining you individuality, but if you are only copying the foolish things dumb, immature, inexperienced people from your own generation... then you'll find this happening over and over again.

b-oy!

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-15-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:16 PM

2002 C230K SC
The C230 seat seem to recline as far as the convertion van seats,
only difference I see is no one would drive from the vans seat. Then again maybe 02Impessor does.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:38 PM

2008 E 350
Ok Ok problem solved! It seems that the rotator knob was broken. I had it loosened today from the drivers side and it worked ...it reclined! I noticed the second knob (on right side of driver's seat) when I first wanted to recline the seat but when it wouldnt move I figured it served no purpose thus not trying it on the passenger's side either. Today, I loosened it and lo' and behold the seats reclined! Woopteedoo!

edit: BTW, sometimes you need to recline the seats fully back (check van seats) when you need to snooze or f..... don't just think from the driving perspective.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:38 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
It's hard to **** in the Coupe.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:04 PM

2008 E 350
Improvise.:p
Old 03-15-2003, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

edit: BTW, sometimes you need to recline the seats fully back (check van seats) when you need to snooze or f..... don't just think from the driving perspective.
Sorry, I have a house and a bedroom as the mainstay for those activities. In the event that you need to, the back seat is great for ****ing, you need to try to keep her feet of the liner. Date short women. The passenger side seat nicely slides forward and tilts up to give plenty of room.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
I once nailed a chick in the passenger seat of a Fiero. The seats do not recline-there is no backseat. Anyone who rode in that car aftwards kept asking how I ended up with two footprints on the inside of the windshield so far apart
Old 03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

I am glad this thread finally matured from flaming to giving explicit advice on sexual congress. :p
Old 03-16-2003, 04:53 PM
moomeh

how can people f*** in the benz? it can ruin the leather!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking

Originally posted by moomeh
Consider it leather conditioner....
Old 03-16-2003, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by moomeh
Unless youve got cloth...now that's gonna leave a mark.

I am glad this thread finally matured from flaming to giving explicit advice on sexual congress.
Sure beats talking about seats.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:28 PM

2008 E 350
Originally posted by Outland
Unless youve got cloth...now that's gonna leave a mark.
I know this question is more for the Sex Forums, but is there any one good thing to remove "stains" in a hurry?
Old 03-16-2003, 11:44 PM

2002 C230K SC
A gallon of gas and a match

Try Resolve stain remover, available at a grocery store near you.

Since were on the subject I hope you are practicing safe sex, since we know you don't practice safe driving (N-Drop/R-Drop...ect).

Good luck with the stain, don't let your girl friends dad see it.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I know this question is more for the Sex Forums, but is there any one good thing to remove "stains" in a hurry?
Yeah... don't ********** in the car.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 AM

2002 C230K SC
Thumbs up

Three point for oggle
Old 03-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I am not going to adhere to the standard "rules of the road" or any of that other stuff that is just plain and boring. I will add bright lights inside my car, I will turn up my music at 2am, I will speed. Does that scare you? Good. Welcome to my generation.
02Impressor, I'm glad that you found out your reclining wheel was malfunctioning. Hope that cleared up you discontent with the seats.

As far as your comment above goes, I'm reminded that my father told this cliche to my grandfather... I told it to my dad... and my son has said this to me... now you. It didn't work then, then, then, or now. You can look forward to your son telling you the same thing. Hope you take it well, young padiwan learner...