C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

UHI, Phone, Bluetooth, OEM MB Interface Kits, Hands-Free Comms Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-16-2006 | 11:30 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Like I said, read the thread

Originally Posted by ctC230K
i'm talking about the official mb kit not some knock off.
The official MB kit is out already, go to wireless4mb.com It is the official Mercedes kit and all of the wireless is outsourced through this firm.

The MBUSA site links to wireless4mb.com. http://www.mbusa.com/features/hands-...ation/index.do
The dealer will install the MHI phone kit for you and you go through this firm to get the bluetooth dock. This is from the site:

Wireless services provided by Auto Wireless Solutions, Mercedes-Benz expert partner in Wireless services
Auto Wireless Solutions is an expert provider of certified retail handsets, accessories and account services. That's why MB formed a partnership with AutoWireless Solutions. They are a team of people uniquely knowledgeable in the space where the automobile meets wireless technology.

Try reading before posting ignorant replies.
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yeah, but is it out yet?

Spending that much when a headset is so cheap seems to me.
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by SteveAustin
The official MB kit is out already, go to wireless4mb.com It is the official Mercedes kit and all of the wireless is outsourced through this firm.

[SNIPPED]

If this needs a dock then it's not true BlueTooth, like I've seen in Lexus and other cars. Looks like a hack to me...

- Eric
Old 03-17-2006 | 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally Posted by lokisdog@yahoo.
If this needs a dock then it's not true BlueTooth, like I've seen in Lexus and other cars. Looks like a hack to me...

- Eric
As I understand it's the phone kit + BT module. The BT part connects where the phone originally plugged in, and your phone connects to the BT module (via BT not cable/cradle). After installed it should be as integrated as Lexus, etc...just much more expensive.

Erik
Old 03-17-2006 | 10:25 AM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals

The MBUSA site links to wireless4mb.com. http://www.mbusa.com/features/hands-...ation/index.do
The dealer will install the MHI phone kit for you and you go through this firm to get the bluetooth dock. This is from the site:

Wireless services provided by Auto Wireless Solutions, Mercedes-Benz expert partner in Wireless services
Auto Wireless Solutions is an expert provider of certified retail handsets, accessories and account services. That's why MB formed a partnership with AutoWireless Solutions. They are a team of people uniquely knowledgeable in the space where the automobile meets wireless technology.

If you can't walk into any dealership and get it, it aint the official kit
Old 03-17-2006 | 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally Posted by anonymouse
I would say if it has the MB logo on it, it is (and the logo is allowed by MB, not some cheap Ebay add-on).

Erik
Old 03-17-2006 | 05:00 PM

Idiots

Get a clue, tw@t.
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Get a clue, tw@t.
wow, in all of your posts i've read you are a total dick. welcome to my ignore list you arrogant sob.
Old 03-17-2006 | 10:30 PM

02' C230k Sport Coupe
Get a clue, tw@t.
So violent... ugh.... anyway... The MHI BT should be a very cool, but probably a very expensive solution. Yes, it retrofits and yes, it seems that is MB Official licensed product so you can expect finding the device in a MB dealer. How much? $350 +/-, what I know is that are other "ok" solutions available. This is the HCB-100 from Sony Ericsson, not yet available but should be within days.

The MHI Bluetooth Interface Module
part number B67 87 5839 plugs into the preinstalled MHI connector in the Mercedes. The module supports the handsfree profile and also downloads the phonebook.

From SE website:
Bluetooth™ Car Speakerphone HCB-100
Coming soon
Handling calls in the car does not have to jeopardize your safety in traffic. With a HCB-100 you can keep your eyes on the road ahead and still take, make and reject calls. The HCB-100 does not require any installation – you can easily attach and remove it using a sturdy clip to the visor of any car you are in, making it a truly portable handsfree solution. It's equally as simple to use the HCB-100, it will automatically connect to your mobile phone wirelessly through the Color ID feature. Easily distinguishable buttons allow you to handle calls without losing focus on traffic. Tested for the demanding audio environment in your car, the HCB-100 has clear digital sound and extremely high performance – up to 20 hours talk time before you need to recharge. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with digital noise cancellation and echo reduction ensures you can be heard loud and clear. The compact size allows you to detach it and carry it with you after getting out of the car. It can serve as a convenient desk phone for a telephone meeting in your office or at home. Using Bluetooth™ 1.2, the HCB-100 is compatible with Bluetooth™ phones from Sony Ericsson and other brands, allowing multiple connections to the HCB-100 inside or outside the car.
Attached Thumbnails UHI, Phone, Bluetooth, OEM MB Interface Kits, Hands-Free Comms Thread-gpd_29967high_1500_0_4000.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by fanito; 03-17-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2006 | 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
MB BT kit is comming only in july... at germany...
And only works in cars with UHI

There is allready one kit available, not BT, but still very functionable, just put a SIM card in it:

The BT kit is this one:

In both ones you have to remove your phone holder and put this on in the same place
Old 03-18-2006 | 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
fanito, gaiex thanks for the informative replies! those are getting rare these days.
Old 03-18-2006 | 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think Steve should have this info allready
Old 03-20-2006 | 12:32 PM

Thumbs up Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by ctC230K
fanito, gaiex thanks for the informative replies! those are getting rare these days.
Thanks, I appreciate it as well. It saves me from having to actually read MBUSA's website and the previous posts! I really appreciate people who are so resourceful and can spoon feed me information that I can selectively accept or reject.

Normally I would post a reply to this completely discounting your credibility, but it sounds right and stuff.

You rock!
Old 03-20-2006 | 01:39 PM

Get a clue, tw@t.
You come across as a person who is either:
a. working for or getting kickback from wireless4mb.com or
b. just blowing someone from there.
I made a valid point and you responded with a rather lame insult. Kinda reminded me when this kid in 4th grade called me a turd. All I could say was, "Is that the best you can do?"

So again I will state: Paying for a MB MHI kit so that I can put in an aftermarket bluetooth module that may or may not work with my cel phone is not an official MB bluetooth solution. It is a hack.
Old 03-20-2006 | 02:40 PM

{Non-Value-added argument info snipped}

So again I will state: Paying for a MB MHI kit so that I can put in an aftermarket bluetooth module that may or may not work with my cel phone is not an official MB bluetooth solution. It is a hack.

I agree with this statement. What I would expect from MB is a kit that:

1) Does not require MHI already installed.

2) That when installed is completely hidden and transparent.

3) That works with all BlueTooth phones as long as they adhere to the standard

4) That the dealer will install and support without any 3rd party interaction.

- Eric
Old 03-20-2006 | 02:48 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
here is the info i got from AWS (Auto Wireless Solutions) about the MB BT:

You have two options for utilizing the Mercedes-Benz Hands-Free Communication System.

Merced Benz will be releasing a Bluetooth adaptor called V60S Adaptor which should be available the first half of 2006. This adaptor will plug into the existing cradle in your vehicle where the phone normally would plug in and allow you to pair a Mercedes-Benz approved Bluetooth phone with the required specific software. A list of compatible phones will be available when the adaptor is released. If you would like to added to an email notification list for the adaptor go to www.wireless4mb.com and go to Bluetooth Phone Solutions. It will show you a Bluetooth MHI adaptor which is for 05’-07’ Mercedes-Benz and will not be compatible for your vehicle. Go to the next screen, and enter your vehicle year and model. After you enter this information, you will automatically be routed to a page that will state that the V60 adaptor is not yet available. Here you will enter your information, including your email address, so that you can be notified when the adaptor is available.

The second option would require you to take the vehicle to your Mercedes-Benz dealership and have them upgrade the system and install a V60S cradle. Once that has been done, AWS can provide you with a V60S phone for $505 and activate it for you on Verizon.

SINCE YOU DO NOT HAVE A CRALDE IN YOUR VEHICLE, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE DEALERSHIP INSTALL THE V60S CRADLE FOR EITHER OPTION TO WORK FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

Old 03-20-2006 | 02:51 PM

- Eric
oh yeah in your dreams (and mine). but does not look like that will happen. instead, they are replacing an inhouse expensive solution with an outsource expensive solution.
Old 03-20-2006 | 04:53 PM

2006 C280 4matic, Capri Blue

- Eric

I agree also. But the sad part is you can get all this except the dealer install part, but just not through MB. so if you got to buy third party anyway might as well get the Argos system from EIS. they are working on BT for the MOST system now.
Old 03-21-2006 | 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bluetooth system compatible wih MB and Command

http://www.eiskits.com/products%202.html

Very good indead, the only one up to date that its fully compatible with MB.
Old 03-21-2006 | 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by gaiex
http://www.eiskits.com/products%202.html

Very good indead, the only one up to date that its fully compatible with MB.

Not available for teh 2005 (and I assume 2006) yet. But this seems to be a much better solution than that MHI bull$h!t that a certain poster has been touting on this board. Will wait and see how it performs.
Old 03-21-2006 | 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Not available for teh 2005 (and I assume 2006) yet. But this seems to be a much better solution than that MHI bull$h!t that a certain poster has been touting on this board. Will wait and see how it performs.
Let me quote you here:

Same problem here for you, no?
Old 03-21-2006 | 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tommy
Let me quote you here:

Same problem here for you, no?

touché.

Installing a single bluetooth module is a far cry from paying 800 odd dollars to get your car wired for a MHI and THEN buying a bluetooth plugin that is only compatible with certain types of phones (never mind that bluetooth is a radio transmission standard). Too much wasted costs and too many potential points of failure for me
Old 03-21-2006 | 11:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

I agree - this does look like a much more sensible hack to me as well.

Though, at $800, it's still not a bargain, but better.
Old 03-21-2006 | 12:02 PM

wait, this does not seem it needs any of the bs of aws and the mhi crap. just buy this and plug and play?
Old 03-21-2006 | 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I posted this because its available for the <2004, and the MB BT kit will be only available for the >2004, period.

I don't think that with this kit we will need the UHI interface, but I'm not sure with this info, I need to mail them

The MB kit will have the same results with the compatible phones, for example my Audi MMI BT doen't work with my nokia 6680!!!!
About prices, the MB kit will be around 400-500€ and it needs the UHI MHI installation, so....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: UHI, Phone, Bluetooth, OEM MB Interface Kits, Hands-Free Comms Thread