C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mercedes Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mercedes Benz

I finally realized the problems with Mercedes Benz C230 K.
1. Most of the owners are rich kids with to much money.
2. Daddy or Mommy buys them anything they want.
3. Most kids that have these expensive toys cannot wait to destroy them so daddy and mommy will buy them another one.
4. They ***** about the quality of a Benz and want to know why a Benz is not working when they have put some aftermarket product that causes problems and call it a lemon.
5. Then you have the rich father on this forum that gives their children anything they want.
In Short;
This forum is made up of mostly rich and deprived people who have nothing better to do than ***** about quality cars.

Old 03-25-2003, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
i believe there are many exceptions to your assumptions in this forum and i'm one of them. i'm a married 23 year old, who earned his degree, got a good paying job, saved up for his down payment and is now driving a coupe. i love my car and i take care of her. and my parents pay for nothing.

but yes, i know people who's mommy and daddy do pay for everything. i for one will make my children get jobs and pay for their own used first car (although i will probably pay for their insurance ).
Old 03-25-2003, 10:51 AM

00' ML 55 AMG; 08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimted (4 Door)
Re: Mercedes Benz

Originally posted by Lockbuster
3. Most kids that have these expensive toys cannot wait to destroy them so daddy and mommy will buy them another one.
4. They ***** about the quality of a Benz and want to know why a Benz is not working when they have put some aftermarket product that causes problems and call it a lemon.
5. Then you have the rich father on this forum that gives their children anything they want.
In Short;
This forum is made up of mostly rich and deprived people who have nothing better to do than ***** about quality cars.

I think you need an Anger Mgmt Class.

I'm 25, have a great job, own a nightclub, have a SUV, Motorcycle and a House. I am just like every other Joe I work 8-5 and Put on my pants one leg at a time.

It's a bad thing to Stereotype everyone on this board because of a few that acted a certain way.

You can hang out with me any time

Old 03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
J P

1. Yes, even though the C230 K is the cheapest Benz, most owners are rich kids.

2. Yes, even buying the C230 K is a lot.

3. No, nobody wants to destroy their cars.

4. No, they whine about reliability. No one is saying Benz' aren't quality cars (build quality is still excellent), & adding an exhaust does not explain a broken sunroof.

5. Yes, but people can give their kids whatever they want - it's their $.

People complain because they paid a lot, & they expect a lot.

If your parents offered you a car, what kid would turn it down? I'm 20, my parents bought me a BMW when I was 18. Do you expect kids to say "no, please don't get me a car. I enjoy riding the bus"?

PS, my parents grew up in abject poverty. They paid their dues, & it's natural they'd want their kids to have, because they had nothing.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
Angry

Well I think you sound jealous I'm 20 working hard enjoying myself and yes I do have money.

No Mummy and Daddy didn't buy my car or my House, I did I do computer support and I've worked hard to get to where I am now.

However I do agree some people are spoilt but its not your place to slate them for this, people opions cause problems not the make model or cost of a item
Old 03-25-2003, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
you know what's funny? i'm sure this guy expected or even wanted to be flamed to either prove his point or simply ruffle a few feathers. either way, we're playing right into his hands by replying to this thread. oh well, flame away!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
I resent that. I am 29 and paid for my car with my own damn money. Also paid for my house with my own damn money and my other car. Granted my wife helps as well but at no time did mommy and daddy have anything to do with my Benz purchase. Granted my Family used to own a dealership and I was not allowed to buy a car. I got Neons or cheaper and they were all used ones. When he sold the dealership 3 years ago he gave us all a car that was worth less than 10K. I used that vehicle that I took care of for 2 and a half years as a trade and it was worth a whole wopping $2500, the $5K I put down cash was my money. This is the second vehicle I have bought one my own, the first was a Saturn for my wife, who will trade that for a Volvo, and this is my first new car ever. The Saturn was my wifes first new car as well. Always used junkers we drove, except maybe the Neon as it was a 2000 but was a base model. Anyhow, even thogh Mommy and Daddy used to give us kids cars in the past they had nothing to do with my Benz purchase. And I did always want to buy my own car but my parents would not let me, and they would have needed to co-sign so that is how they stopped me. And as far as quality or if I am happy with my purchase. I think the vehicle is great and I am Happy enough to buy another one in the future. Maybe it is because my family owned a dealership for 75 years and I know what to expect and how to get it fixed or ignore it as it is not a big problem. All vehicles squeak and creak and have some sort of problem sooner or later. If you look at how many are produced in a year you would figure out that once in a while you will get a bad one. But nothing in life is perfect and when you keep piling on technology you are bound to have problems. If you do not want problems find the cheapest vehicle with nothing on it as far as options. There you have the best chances of not having electronic or technical failures.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:21 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Truelove:

Why did you change your avatar to the white tiger like the one used in those 2 gay magicians shows? I forgot their names.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
Originally posted by Big Sheesh
Truelove:

Why did you change your avatar to the white tiger like the one used in those 2 gay magicians shows? I forgot their names.
LOL!! you mean Siegfried & Roy. i never even thought about that. they're FAAAAAAAABULOUS!!

hmmm, oh well, i'm keeping it for now. i needed to change things up. here's the next one i'll probably use when i decide to change again. pretty sweet eh?

Last edited by truelove; 03-25-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:00 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Wow, that profile shot of the tiger showing teeth is ferocious! I like that one. Reminds me of ThunderCat's logo!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
i realize we've gotten off the subject, but here's a pic of my next car. i wish!!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
I was at the SF Zoo a while back. In the big cat house you can get to within a couple of feet of a Bengal tiger - seperated by some glass or bars (can't remember which), of course!

My first thought, "Holy crap! That's one big cat!"

BT
Old 03-25-2003, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, you need to think about this. Some people here are rich kids. Some of us weren't aren't. We live in a post "dot-com" era. Many of us made decent, to significant money in the past 5 years. We might even be considered "gainfully employed".

I am sure you'll find that most "rich kids" and their "rich daddy's" sneer at the idea of C230K. I would think that it is more likely that real rich kids had CLKs, W202 AMGs, SLKs, C320s, handed down then C230k.
That is a flagrant assumption, and is quite disrespectful to many people who purchased MBs, yea the entry level models, and had to face so many of the $60k + model owners that are actually so friggen whiny regarding the lower class owners.
This was just a really dumb statement. I knew guys when I was younger who's parents pasted down M3s, MBs, and even porsches, however when they wrecked them, they got civics, etc. There will be exceptions though.
Another highly intelligent statement. I think most of us entered the MB owners ring, and are simply suprised at the issues these vehicles are having. Mod'd or not, many stock coupes just suck, and should be lemoned, burned, pushed off a cliff. However, the problems are not as significant as the new A4s.
Don't most people work hard to support their families, including children. Are you suggesting that we live like gods and starve our families? Or just degrade them because they have not been exposed to the trials of the world? That is a very old world theory, my grandfather did that to his wife and kids, it messes up peoples heads for life.
In Short;
In short, you managed to really, truly, and sincerely demostrate your lack of intellect, you're on mbworld for crying out loud. You would likely find yourself more satisfied owning a chevy. You can even get one of those stickers with the kid pissing on a dodge or ford emblem, and a no fear sticker. Jackass.

Thanks for the entertainment and reason to rant. I think you'll find that most C230 Coupe owner scraped, clawed, kicked, and earned thier way to ownership. I see many more middle age folks driving the Coupe on the street then kids.

But I am a high school drop out, what do I know.

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-25-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:56 PM

In Short;

dont forget the people like you that complain about a great forum.

hahaahaha.

who the F**** cares about who buys what, and how old they are? This world would be better off if everyone paid more attension to themselfs.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:46 PM

2008 E 350

In Short;

I think I lowered my IQ just by reading your stupid post. I want my 15 seconds back! *******.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:54 PM

Re: Re: Mercedes Benz

Originally posted by christian655321
This world would be better off if everyone paid more attension to themselfs.
That's the first time I heard that one, and I like it And I don't see why you got to make kids work for everything they have, if knowledge and material possessions aren't passed down through generations, you wouldn't even have fire! Well, possibly nothing more advanced that rubbing a few sticks together to make fire.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Banned

C230K
Re: Re: Mercedes Benz

Originally posted by nukblazi
[B]Well, you need to think about this. Some people here are rich kids. Some of us weren't aren't. We live in a post "dot-com" era. Many of us made decent, to significant money in the past 5 years. We might even be considered "gainfully employed".

I am sure you'll find that most "rich kids" and their "rich daddy's" sneer at the idea of C230K. I would think that it is more likely that real rich kids had CLKs, W202 AMGs, SLKs, C320s, handed down then C230k.
That is a flagrant assumption, and is quite disrespectful to many people who purchased MBs, yea the entry level models, and had to face so many of the $60k + model owners that are actually so friggen whiny regarding the lower class owners.
This was just a really dumb statement. I knew guys when I was younger who's parents pasted down M3s, MBs, and even porsches, however when they wrecked them, they got civics, etc. There will be exceptions though.
Another highly intelligent statement. I think most of us entered the MB owners ring, and are simply suprised at the issues these vehicles are having. Mod'd or not, many stock coupes just suck, and should be lemoned, burned, pushed off a cliff. However, the problems are not as significant as the new A4s.
Don't most people work hard to support their families, including children. Are you suggesting that we live like gods and starve our families? Or just degrade them because they have not been exposed to the trials of the world? That is a very old world theory, my grandfather did that to his wife and kids, it messes up peoples heads for life.
In short, you managed to really, truly, and sincerely demostrate your lack of intellect, you're on mbworld for crying out loud. You would likely find yourself more satisfied owning a chevy. You can even get one of those stickers with the kid pissing on a dodge or ford emblem, and a no fear sticker. Jackass.

Thanks for the entertainment and reason to rant. I think you'll find that most C230 Coupe owner scraped, clawed, kicked, and earned thier way to ownership. I see many more middle age folks driving the Coupe on the street then kids.

But I am a high school drop out, what do I know.
AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!! YEAH!!! *CHEERS*
I love it. nukblazi, from one high school drop out that has worked his *** off to make something of himself to another, that was masterful!

Lockbuster, **** off ya ******. Snobs are snobs and lil rich *****s that have no respect for other will always be around. I am certainly NOT advocating them, but it has nothing to do with what car they drive. And to lump everyone here up in that category is just as ignorant as the people you are bashing.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:16 PM

02' Silver C230 Sport Coupe
Yo Lock Buster... are you sure your "L" isn't supposed to be a "C"....?

Old 03-25-2003, 05:36 PM

'03 C320 coupe-manual, '07 530i
This thread just points to the wonderous side effects of down marketing your product line.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
So every teenager here driving a C class is rich?

daaaaaaaaaaaamn I've been ripped off.
I'm a teenager with a C. But I'm not rich...

...whose responsible for that :@
Old 03-25-2003, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 Navigator
I guess I can sort of see both sides of the story. I don't agree with what he said at all, I just think that if I was to buy my kid a car why not spend a couple more thousand and get a Benz. There is nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, I believe that if you worked for it and bought it with your own money you are proud and take care of it. I am not defending him in any way, and I'm not saying that nobody here doens't take care of their car. It's a benz, I'm sure we all probably wash it every weekend. Ex. This guy I work with bought his son a 2003 Civic for his 16th birthday. Thats cool. He would come to work telling us that he is going to help his son mod it and everything. Now the car has 2400 miles and has been wrecked 3 times with over 15000 in damage total. Not even an oil change yet. That is what frustrates me. Somebody that dont care. However, everybody that I have talked to in this forum all seem to care about there car, how they purchased it is none of our business, or judge them.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:02 PM

'03 C320 coupe-manual, '07 530i
Originally posted by Rotty
However, everybody that I have talked to in this forum all seem to care about there car, .......[/B]
You obviously haven't read ALL the threads....plenty of examples of "youthful" abuse.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
Originally posted by Wheens
You obviously haven't read ALL the threads....plenty of examples of "youthful" abuse.
take me for example!

heh... MB is stupid... their C-class is soooo fragile.
I’d trade mine for a Honda.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
Lockbuster -

That was pathetic. I'm with 02Impressor (for once ), I want my 15 seconds back! So what if my parents make a good amount of money and want to let me drive a safe, modern, stylish car? I take meticulous care of it and dont abuse it, as well as not degrading with lame upgrades. Is it my fault that my family has a little bit of extra money? Should I apologize for it?

And as far as the quality, the whining about it is lame, but dont be in denial. IMO the 203 C-Class's materials/build quality is not up to that of the 202, and the 202 is not as good as previous Mercedes...
Old 03-25-2003, 07:34 PM

C 230 Coupe
Thumbs down lock buster

Hey man, take a friggin pill.

I'm 37, kids, house, etc. etc. Best thing in my life is this little car. I paid for every last nut and bolt cash (well cheque, actually) earned from my own blood sweat and tears.

And I don't in the least bit resent the rich kids who tool around town in the same car I do.

You should seek some psychiatric counseling. You've got "issues".

Malignant Narcissism, for one.

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz