C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New 07 C Owner: Bluetooth and Audio Ques

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230
New 07 C Owner: Bluetooth and Audio Ques

Hi,

I am a new owner of 2007 C230 Coupe - GCC specs.

Please help me with the following issues:

1- I cannot find the so-called MHI bluetooth jack in the armrest to plug in the required adapter in order to connect my phone to the car. It's not under the small mat cover either. However, the steering wheel comes with telephone controls and so does the indash audio system. Am I missing something there? Is it possible that those buttons are only dumby ones and that the car is not pre-wired?! When I click on the buttons, display goes "No Phone".

2- How can I possibly know what is the car part number for a glove box mounted CD changer that will work with my GCC spec car? How easy is installation.

3- My in dash CD player does not play music! I tried cleaning the lens and the track on the cleaner CD actually worked, so I am not sure what is going wrong there. Does it only play original CD?!

Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Former Member

no mb
I can only answer the first question. It is not standard equipment. You can buy the necessary pieces and install it. I think they are very expensive - about $1500.

GA
Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
What format is the music? These w203's some come pre-wired and some don't for the phone. If it's pre-wired you'll need to get a MHI adapter for your specific phone of the bluetooth adapter either or is around $250 or above. To see if you're pre-wired see if the lower section of the armrest has a wrapped wire running through it.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:28 AM

2005 w203 c230 sport sedan
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
What format is the music? These w203's some come pre-wired and some don't for the phone. If it's pre-wired you'll need to get a MHI adapter for your specific phone of the bluetooth adapter either or is around $250 or above. To see if you're pre-wired see if the lower section of the armrest has a wrapped wire running through it.
then i only need to perchase the adapter??

i havent try to open it.

since i saw the cable im gonna do it tomorrow!!! yahoo~
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
Being an '07, chances are you aren't pre-wired for the telephone. Doing everything for that from the dealer (parts alone) would be around $1300 from what I hear. This website has a good aftermarket solution that should work for your car. Yes, the buttons are on all cars, regardless of prewiring. The easiest way to check is the armrest - if you have the prewiring, you will have an armrest with an upper and lower compartment. The upper would house the phone.

For the CD changer, you should be able to get the part numbers for everything you need from your dealership. I believe that the part number for the changer itself is A-203-820-9089, but you will also need the mounting bracket and any various cables. All of the components for the sterio run on a fiber-optic loop. This is the only DIY I could find.

For your third issue, I would go to the dealership. I would assume that you are still under warranty, so this should be no problem.

All of your stereo issues will, of course, be more complicated if you have the Harmon/Kardon package. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by bdgdl08
Being an '07, chances are you aren't pre-wired for the telephone. Doing everything for that from the dealer (parts alone) would be around $1300 from what I hear. This website has a good aftermarket solution that should work for your car. Yes, the buttons are on all cars, regardless of prewiring. The easiest way to check is the armrest - if you have the prewiring, you will have an armrest with an upper and lower compartment. The upper would house the phone.

All of your stereo issues will, of course, be more complicated if you have the Harmon/Kardon package. Good luck!
I consider myself lucky that I am pre-wired for the phone. Just need to locate a adpater for a G1 or wait until I pick up a iPhone. I had it checked, mine is a fiber optic cable.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by bcss
then i only need to perchase the adapter??

i havent try to open it.

since i saw the cable im gonna do it tomorrow!!! yahoo~
You need to make sure that your %100 sure you're prewired because the interface piece isn't exactly cheap. Btw on the upper half of the center consle armrest there are a few torx screws remove that and look for a kind of plug looking thing.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
You need to make sure that your %100 sure you're prewired because the interface piece isn't exactly cheap. Btw on the upper half of the center consle armrest there are a few torx screws remove that and look for a kind of plug looking thing.
It was my understanding that the '05s (and '06s) were all prewired, that it only became an option, because of cost cutting, in '07.