C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Did my research now I need some help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
This of course is also crap because we built them right here in East London - South Africa & they were built in Vietnam.
Yes you are right for that but they are build there for your market not the Euro market and the ones in brazil are build for North and South American market, if you have DAS Xentry machine when connected to the car it shows the market code which is three letters, also searching on WIS and EPC there is the same specific market code wich shows the market groupe the car is for sale in so before talking check first.

Once agean for the C Class : after 2002 all markets are divided as three groupes Europe ( Euro build only for Europe ), North / South America ( Brazil build only for North / South America ) and the rest is in South Africa for that region and Vietnam for the Asian region.

I dont say M111 is the smoothest and problem free engine as you can see in my post, it is simply a racing engine put in production as a regular one thats why it runs this way and thats why it has so much power and can run up to 285hp only on engine without the SC and thats why it went on the DTM in the early 90's . And there are people saying that vertions of the M111 with 320hp exist.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
You've got to be one of the most ignorant people this board has seen in a long time. They were built in Germany THROUGHOUT the W203 years. My 2005 was built in Germany. A relative's 2007 was built in Germany. It's not hard to find this stuff out. All you REALLY need is a VIN - starts with WDBRF - built in GERMANY. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? I thought that perhaps you might be talking about just the coupe, so I looked that up. Nope, it was built in Germany in addition to Brazil.

230,000 coupes were produced in Bremen, Germany and in Brazil through 2007

Glyn: What is "mechanical - rather than belt-driven" mean in regards to the supercharger? I've never heard of this and the M271s S/C would have to be belt driven to benefit from belts/pulley mods.
Matt - at the time that article was written the intention was a gear drive - scrapped & put into production with belt drive due to noise from the gear drive. I did not want to edit the quote lest I be accused of doing so. I'm not the only one on the forum with a copy. I heard a prototype gear drive running on one of my many trips to Benz in my global job. Howled like a banshee Some liked it but once again no good for Benz NVH reputation.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hkirov
Yes you are right for that but they are build there for your market not the Euro market and the ones in brazil are build for North and South American market, if you have DAS Xentry machine when connected to the car it shows the market code which is three letters, also searching on WIS and EPC there is the same specific market code wich shows the market groupe the car is for sale in so before talking check first.

Once agean for the C Class : after 2002 all markets are divided as three groupes Europe ( Euro build only for Europe ), North / South America ( Brazil build only for North / South America ) and the rest is in South Africa for that region and Vietnam for the Asian region.

I dont say M111 is the smoothest and problem free engine as you can see in my post, it is simply a racing engine put in production as a regular one thats why it runs this way and thats why it has so much power and can run up to 285hp only on engine without the SC and thats why it went on the DTM in the early 90's . And there are people saying that vertions of the M111 with 320hp exist.
South Africa built the W203 for RHD Europe markets such as UK, for Asia and for Australia & New Zealand etc. Much as BMW SA do.

For the W204 South Africa was given the contract for North America with top-up from Germany - Most US 204's come from here. For W205 production goes to Tuscaloosa 2014/15 for US & South Africa will go back to supplying Australasia & topping up China & Vietnam production. MB's predicted largest growth market. Brazil has not built for NA since 2002.

The M111 was not a racing engine, it comes from humble beginnings & was adapted into racing much as BMW's 4 pot banger was adapted to a turbo racing engine.

I don't need you to instruct me on the STAR DAS, WIS or EPC - I'm fully "au fait" with all of them. You need to do your homework on Benz & it's history, supply & systems.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I really don't think I've seen such BS posted (and subsequently repeated over and over against ALL reason) here ever before. Thanks Glyn for setting the record straight repeatedly.

Anyone who reads this post should know to:

1. Disregard all information put forth by the user hkirov as it is factually incorrect on virtually all accounts.

2. Take note for factual accuracy the posts of user Glyn M Ruck
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I find it very interesting (and humorous) that we're being told that we own cars built in Brazil, even when our window stickers, VIN numbers, and identification stickers on our cars tell us they were assembled in Germany. What does Mercedes know, anyway? Obviously they should have consulted hkirov.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Indeed - it's a pity our kirov ballerina decided to beat up on a newb who was asking for advice. You might remember we all contributed to an SC to CLC thread a while back & I would have been more interested in the conversion than a lot of crap.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...?highlight=clc
Old 06-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
It is sad to see pit row converted into a ladies' beauty parlor. Wow!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Indeed - it's a pity our kirov ballerina decided to beat up on a newb who was asking for advice.
I noticed the OP, who asked for some simple help, has not returned to this thread after all the bickering began. I think that makes a very strong statement. We should strive for better.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JoeVal
It is sad to see pit row converted into a ladies' beauty parlor. Wow!!!

It's certainly sad that this thread became derailed. Your comment, however, from one who does nothing but pass inane comments on the 204 forum, once again adds nothing of value.

alpinweiss +1
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree that it is unfortunate where this thread went. At the same time if a person on this forum is posting blatantly incorrect information those of us who know better should correct it. How many guests come here for information but never register? We owe it to them to make sure the information is correct when we can.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 PM

C230 kompressor
Hey guys,
Just an update on what is happening. So obviously I went with the best option and picked a M271 engine. I plan on using it for daily use and maintaining it regularly so it was the best oiption. I appreciate everyone's input on the matter, and like I stated before I will keep you all updated. I respect people that stood up and said we need to respect the forum, and memebers associated, considering we all need to protect factual information and not just post the bs that comes off the top of our head.We all are enthusiats so why can't we act like so.
With that said, thanks to all for your factual and insightful input and I will post pics soon. For all of those who wanted to threadbash me for being sensible and happy with my C230,...

EAT ME!!!!

Sincerely,

Benznwb
Old 06-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
lol hope it goes well for you as long as you are happy ignore the idiots lol
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Sensible choice - good luck & keep us posted if the guys have any electronic adaption problems.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 PM

2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
Originally Posted by Benznewb
Hey guys,
Just an update on what is happening. So obviously I went with the best option and picked a M271 engine. I plan on using it for daily use and maintaining it regularly so it was the best oiption. I appreciate everyone's input on the matter, and like I stated before I will keep you all updated. I respect people that stood up and said we need to respect the forum, and memebers associated, considering we all need to protect factual information and not just post the bs that comes off the top of our head.We all are enthusiats so why can't we act like so.
With that said, thanks to all for your factual and insightful input and I will post pics soon. For all of those who wanted to threadbash me for being sensible and happy with my C230,...
Again, welcome to the forum. We were afraid you had left after all the arguments began.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230 sport
dang im gone for a week and this breaks out? wow.

anyhow congrats on the new motor man! may it serve you well =)