C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mini w204 review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by zerocover
This is the kind of information I was looking for!
Any more information on that? I know the sway bars are swappable. But what about the springs and struts?
Zero - I have far from checked everything & 204 parts have different numbers. However, Castor rods, Camber rods & their bushings are all being recommended as longer life replacements for the 203 & fit perfectly. The 204 was basically a stiffer frame with tweaked 203 underpinnings. Standard 204's without Advanced Agility Control, for example have mechanically activated variable dampers. Other than that I'll bet they fit a 203. You are going to have to do the measuring. The sway bars as you say are interchangeable. The hubs have a different clamping face offset to the 203 requiring different offset wheels - But you don't need hub components to achieve what you want. Also - later 203's even with Sportpack or US Sport versions had softer bushings fitted for comfort & better NVH - This did not help handling. Pre facelift cars handled better than post facelift. Post facelift cars feel as though they turn in better but this is not so - the "perception" is created by a more direct steering ratio & a slightly stiffer rear sway bar. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer but I'll bet most parts can be interchanged.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...on-changes.pdf

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 06-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by zerocover
Springs wont help, the cars over sprung already. A good set of struts could transform this car (too bad no struts are made). Also to install a front sway bar I would need to pull the engine, at least thats whats in WIS.

Coilovers do exist but they're Ksport (not putting that garbage on my car) If only koni made an insert that fit.
lowering springs have heavier spring rate which reduce the roll and help the handling somewhat. you don't need to pull the engine to do sway bar.

read up on c240wner's thread. he did the suspension mod that can be accepted by the 203 4-matic.