C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How to Enable Tunnel Mode - * * * NOT * * *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K
Angry How to Enable Tunnel Mode - * * * NOT * * *

Well I had my coupe going in for service about a month ago and they told me there was no way to enable tunnel mode (one touch close of the sunroof w/recirc button). They also needed to order a new window regulator for my passenger window. and parts for the headlight washer.

So, I brought it back last friday to install the new regulator and had printed out the instructions from "How to enable tunnel mode" and asked the service writer to have them set this up, he said ok he'd pass it along to the tech. On friday afternoon the tech called me back saying they would not enable tunnel mode for legal reasons because the sunroof didn't have an auto stop feature and if someone got hurt they would be liable. I insisted that the 2003 models as per members here had tunnel mode enabled, and that those sunroofs also did not have the autostop feature. So, the tech told me they checked their cars in stock and none of the 2003 had tunnel mode enabled. This went all the way up to the service manager and the dealer WILL NOT enable tunnel mode.

Then I pickup up my car today and the as I drove off down Rt 1 I found out they hadn't fixed the headlight washer, they didn't wash my car and they Arghhhhh they just infuriated me. Turned around drove back got another loaner and told them I'd be back when its fixed right.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
MB Princeton did mine for free....works like a charm. They also reset the Bose Audio Pilot and Speed Sensitive Volume Control.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had my car in for Service A and three minor warranty items a couple of weeks ago and asked that they use the DAS to change a number of things. The speed sensitive volume on the Euro COMAND needed to be adjusted, and NAV need to be set to present so the nav instructions would show on the MFD. I wanted the NO PHONE message removed. And I wanted the tunnel mode fixed.

They knew how to do the first three, but I didn't have the instructions for fixing the tunnel mode. The service advisor and tech went out and brought in a 2003 coupe and connected it to a second DAS. They said they spent most of an afternoon looking for the right menu, but they found it. For all this effort I was charged exactly nothing. Just sent of the evaluation form with a perfect score.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
If the dealer gives you ****, tell them you'll remember that when you fill out that precious survey....

If the CSI score drops, it affects them in the pocket book, limits allocations, etc... its about the only way you can get back at a ****ty dealer short of selling the car and buying something else. Or you could try a different dealer. Hell, just try a different tech or service counter flunky. Ive had problems at other mfr's dealerships...talking to your salesperson is helpful, if you had a good relationship with him or her. After the grief my wife and I had with the Ford dealer, the salesperson went to the owner of the dealership. They kissed *** everytime we were in there after that.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:57 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by Outland
If the dealer gives you ****, tell them you'll remember that when you fill out that precious survey....

If the CSI score drops, it affects them in the pocket book, limits allocations, etc... its about the only way you can get back at a ****ty dealer short of selling the car and buying something else. Or you could try a different dealer. Hell, just try a different tech or service counter flunky. Ive had problems at other mfr's dealerships...talking to your salesperson is helpful, if you had a good relationship with him or her. After the grief my wife and I had with the Ford dealer, the salesperson went to the owner of the dealership. They kissed *** everytime we were in there after that.
The problem is that those surveys are not anonomous, so the dealer will know you have gave a bad score, and may react one of 2 ways. You're lucky and got the good way, and anyone going to a smaller dealership will probably get the same treatment, but the larger dealerships, it will take a few surveys to get any attention, and the negative comments may just turn out into repeated poor service...

The best way to get them to give into you is causing a scene infront of a potential customer. The auto idustry is hurting right now, so every sale is important, lose them a couple and you'll have them trying to shut you up any way possible.

My Service A comes up and I plan on having all those changes put into the computer (speed sensitive volume, no phone, ... ) but tunnel mode was enabled on my car from the factory! Maybe its a Canadian thing...???
Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by taylor192
My Service A comes up and I plan on having all those changes put into the computer (speed sensitive volume, no phone, ... ) but tunnel mode was enabled on my car from the factory! Maybe its a Canadian thing...???
It appears that tunnel mode was fully enabled on all 2003's, but set that the roof wouldn't open on all 2002's.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:02 AM

Talking

mine works...actually just tried it on saturday for the first time. It was very exciting there are lots of fun things that i still haven't gotten to yet though.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by chrissy
mine works...actually just tried it on saturday for the first time. It was very exciting there are lots of fun things that i still haven't gotten to yet though.
I just found out about switching the unlocking sequence from all at once to a sequential unlock of the drivers door, the passenger door, and then the fuel filler from a friend at work who owns a 2001 C240. Cool!

I can't complain. My dealer has been pretty cool...but then again, Ive had no reasons to bug them(aside from a mildly cracked button-you can only see at night when its backlit), so perhaps my opinion would change if I had a real problem. But still, via my salesman, theyve been great. Even just stopping by to check out the new C230 Sedan and the V6 Coupe. Wanna drive? No problem Well, actually I had to go back a different day to get a spin in the C320 Coupe...they never could keep one around.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
I just found out about switching the unlocking sequence from all at once to a sequential unlock of the drivers door, the passenger door, and then the fuel filler from a friend at work who owns a 2001 C240. Cool!
Actually, if you have it set this way, the fuel door should open along with the driver's door, and then the rest of the doors unlock with the second press of the button.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by Matt230K
Actually, if you have it set this way, the fuel door should open along with the driver's door, and then the rest of the doors unlock with the second press of the button.
And this is done by pressing the lock and unlock buttons together, right?
Old 04-16-2003, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
And this is done by pressing the lock and unlock buttons together, right?
Yes, to change between the two modes, point the key at the little infrared square on the door handle. Hold both lock and unlock until the red light on the key flashes. It takes about 5 seconds or so.

Actually, this is the way I was always told to do it, but I think this feature is in the key, so I wonder if you would really have to point it at the car. Hmmm... anyone know, or else I'll have to try it. Because I think you can set each key a different way.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Almost a Member!

C320 Sports Coupe
I checked my 2003 C320 (purchased in florida) and it does have the tunnel mode. However, as there are VERY FEW tunnels in Florida, I find the button to be more useful as an all-close for the windows and sunroof before I get out of the car!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by Matt230K
Yes, to change between the two modes, point the key at the little infrared square on the door handle. Hold both lock and unlock until the red light on the key flashes. It takes about 5 seconds or so.

Actually, this is the way I was always told to do it, but I think this feature is in the key, so I wonder if you would really have to point it at the car. Hmmm... anyone know, or else I'll have to try it. Because I think you can set each key a different way.
You do not have to point the key at the car to do this. I have mine set to open all doors with one touch. I carry a brief case to work everyday which I put in the back seat behind the driver, so 95% of the time, I need to unlock the back door too.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:46 PM

e500 4matic; c240
does tunnel mode close the windows too?

I tried this on our C240 ('02) and the tunnel mode works by closing/opening the sunroof, but not the windows, is this how it works?

I notice the thing about the locking feature in a loaner I just had. It was an '03 c240 which unlocked all doors at once. As opposed to our's which opens the driver's/fuel only and then the passangers'.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:59 PM

MB C230K
Interesting. Usually it's the reverse with the panoroof on the sportcoupe.

Tunnel mode deals with the windows but not the pano roof, unless you request the dealer do a programming change.

On your sedan, the windows should definitely close. I'd check with the dealer on this one.

--S
Old 04-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
wanna know how to fix the tunnel mode? check my topic.. .

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...257#post347257
Old 04-18-2003, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by darkfact
wanna know how to fix the tunnel mode? check my topic.. .
You mean my thread......the one you copied it from?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=34164
Old 04-18-2003, 08:43 PM

e500 4matic; c240
cool, thanks guys, I'll get it looked at