C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Emblem question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Hehe, I know Im going to change my exhaust tips very soon. I thought this matched the bumper better but I think circle would looka lot better. The banner I need to run for shows since they installed and painted my kit for free. They are one of my sponsers who always touches up my car and paints the chips away before any shows. They also fixed my car for free when I stupidly hit the curb when making a U turn in a small street. I was lazy and I thought it was clear. Well it wasnt. LOL. Its nice having a sponser who fixes your car for free all the time.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Free = good!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by oresama99
you can use goo-gone to get the sticky residue off.

maybe i'm being harsh but as far as emblems and badges.....if it's not under the hood then it shouldn't be on the back....
From what I heard, this is exactly what being moderate means when tuning your car. Makes perfect sense, too - one can't see what's under the hood, unlike any exterior alterations.
I certainly wouldn't equate, say, a Kleemann logo to a vinyl banner "Powered by..." occupying a third of the windshield. These logos are small enough and only folks who do know the names can recognise their meaning, anyway. The more shame this puts on those who only want them for the looks...

Last edited by vadim; 05-16-2002 at 03:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Easy to apply!

If the letters are spaced on a sheet of plastic (stuck on the backside), and they are evenly spaced, here's what you do:

1. First of all, make a template off of a car that has the original emblem on it (if yours still has it, use that. All you want to do is take a piece of heavy paper, butt it up against the bottom of the existing letters, then use the side of a pencil to mark where the edge of the side and bottom of the trunk is. Cut on that line to finish the template.

2. Remove your stock logo, clean the area well (Dawn dish liquid is good for removing wax). Dry.

3. Tape your template back on the car. Now you have a bottom line to follow.

4. Use masking tape and apply it right on top of the new logo while it still has the backing tape on it. Add 2-3 layers of this tape one on top the other to stiffen it up.

5. Now, remove the backing tape, exposing the adhesive that will stick to the car. Hold the masking tape with all the letters stuck to it and gently align it on the paper guide. Press down firmly.

6. Wait 5 minutes to allow the letter so "grab" onto the car (press firmly a few times while waiting), gently remove the masking tape holder that is still stuck on the letters. Remove the tape at a steep angle (meaning, don't pull away from the car, pull in the direction of the remaining tape). That's it!

Aloha,
Keoni
Old 05-16-2002, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class Coupe 02'
someone quick post pic of car debadge before i change my mind! hehe